Missiles.

otester

Unfortunetly radar missiles in version 1.12a are completely screwed up. You cant do anything about it but to revert back to version 1.1. Even then they will be much worse than in Lomac 1.02. The main problem is sensitivity to chaff. They are spoofed very easily regardles if its old or new generation missile. Their vulnerability is just the same.

Unfortunetly radar missiles in version 1.12a are completely screwed up. You cant do anything about it but to revert back to version 1.1. Even then they will be much worse than in Lomac 1.02. The main problem is sensitivity to chaff. They are spoofed very easily regardles if its old or new generation missile. Their vulnerability is just the same.

So which version is best and does Eagle Dynamics plan on fixing it?

What altitude you are at? Missiles are quite ineffective at low altitude and that's not a bug. Climb high and you will get longer ranges.

So R-77 50km isn't guaranteed at low altitudes (2000m)?

What height is expected to achieve full or better results?

On quick start mission for F-15, AiM-120 on v1.1 does 3600 (metric) and on v1.12a it does 3300 (metric) speed (all other options are identical), the v1.1 missile uses it's burner a lot more, same applies to AiM-7.

On the other hand, RL pilots state that missiles in LO appear too sticky!

Guess we'll never know!

Um, real life pilots agree with us. There is no "on the other hand."

Seems to be 5000m is minimum altitude to achieve stated distance according to manual. Performs ok now.

Anything over 20 000ft (6300m) would give range approaching what is advertised. The most important consideration is the target's altitude - it affects your missile range more than anything else.

sigzk5.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Can I set sensitivity of AIM-120 to chaffs?

I was playing F-15C BWR duels whole weekend with precentage of succes around 50%-STT,30%-TWS. My wingman was around 70%, I was doing nothing wrong. Keeping target tracking to final time of missile onboard radar activation with ECM on.

more at..:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=905156#post905156

Edited by GumidekCZ