F-16C Aggressor skin issues

Sammy H

So this has been quite frustrating honestly. I have spent the last three days trying to figure out in the mission I built why I cannot get some F-16 Aggressor skins to display across a MP network.

Back story: Built the mission, tested it on both of my machines (Server, and Gamer) in SP mode and skins all show up as they should on the ramp NTTR. Static and the Ai flight that I have spawn in. As soon as I host a MP session with the exact same mission, the skins for the static Aggressors goes to the default Aviano skins. However, the Ai flight that I have spawn in show up as the Aggressors. Furthermore, the machine that is hosting the mission whether it be my Gamer or my actual Server machine will show the paints correctly, only client machines trying to connect will not see the paints as they are. Everyone has the paints installed in the proper folders and no file names were changed in the process.

I am simply confused as to how the paints show correctly in SP on either of my machines, and the Ai Flight shows correctly on both machines in SP and MP session, but when hosting a MP session the static only show correctly for the machine hosting the mission and not any of the clients.........so confusing and takes so much away from the immersion level for NTTR. It would not be Nellis without Aggressors and the fact DCS only provides us with I believe two separate paints to use just ins't enough. So we go download stuff in hopes that it brings us more immersion and get a crazy bug like this.

Very well could be operator error also, definitely not off the table!

So far I have tried using USAF and USAF Aggressors in the selection for the mission to try and get them to display correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The skins pack I am referring to can be found here in case anyone is wondering what I am speaking of.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220309

I can provide mission files, pictures, whatever is needed to help with this.

So, I figured I would post a couple of pics since I probably did not explain it very well. I just started my server and hosted the mission in MP. These photos were taken within second of each other, one on my server, the other on my gamer (client) machine.

If I switch them around and host the mission on my gamer and connect via my server the results are switched but the same none the less. Basically any machine hosting the mission shows up correct but no client does except for the Ai flight that spawns in 10 min into the mission.

Screen_190215_002813.thumb.jpg.1c560cc2b1ea6ded6e56eab918cb8115.jpg

Screen_190215_002857.thumb.jpg.7e64504812a04f9a9b0a8a3209063fd3.jpg

first: do all clients have this skinpack installed? thats a must if it should work.

second: try it with usual aircraft set on ramp and uncontrolled checkbox on, so you can check if it might be a problem with the statics

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Thank you for the insight, I will give it a try and see what happens that route. And to answer the first part yes, it is only me currently testing a mission I am building on my two machines. One is my server and one is a client but no matter which one I host the mission on the result is the same. I did have one other person test it to see and they seen the same thing I did, Aviano skins.

Thanks again, I will give that a try.

glad i could help :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: Are we going to get the F-16C Aggressor Skins installed for the USAF AGGRESSORS Coalition? Currently, we can only load the aggressors on Blue Coalitions.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]