Pimax 5K+ setup.

slipstream21

Hi guys.

Just received my 5K+. All working perfectly.

Problem being I have no idea how to get DCS working with it. Do I need the Steam version of DCS to run with Pimax?

Thanks for any help.

May I ask when you ordered yours? I ordered one last month and I have been looking for an estimated time of shipment to no avail

May I ask when you ordered yours? I ordered one last month and I have been looking for an estimated time of shipment to no avail

You've got a while, only a few pre-orders have been received...and those orders were placed on October 27th. Some of the Backers are still waiting on their units as well. So, long story short: you've got a long, long wait ahead of you.

Your PXXXX number in the order confirmation email will let you know what number you are in line. I am P15XX and I don't expect to have mine for a month or so.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm PO123XXX lol, ordered mid January. I got some waiting to do but I just did order a SO+ to keep me company in the mean time.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I'm PO123XXX lol, ordered mid January. I got some waiting to do but I just did order a SO+ to keep me company in the mean time.

When I ordered it said order today in order to ship on 2/21/19....Wow very misleading!!

You'll enjoy your Odyssey

I ordered mine first week January (P122XXX) and was also led to believe shipment would be late February 2019. I note that they charged my Credit Card immediately and since then they keep sending me emails in very poor English asking me to confirm my address which I have done on the official site. My order page shows the correct billing and shipping address but they keep asking for them, very confusing and worrying. At least there should be some protection through my Credit Card if it all goes wrong, I hope!

Win 11, 12900K, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming Trio X 3090,  Varjo Aero, TM Warthog, PointCtrl, ViaComPro, Tactile Inducers, Next Level Racing Motion Platform.

I purchased my 5k+ headset back in Nov of last year. I just got a tracking number today.

System: Samsung 65" 4k Curved, Obutto Revolution Gaming Seat, Alienware Area-51 - Intel Core I-7 6950X 10 Core, Dual Nvidia 1080Ti 11g, 64g Fury Ram, 8TB HD, Warthog Flight Controls, Crosswind Pedals, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Pro.

DCS Mods: A-10A/C, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, P-51D, L-39, UH-1, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, Mig-15, Mig-21, Bf-109, Fw190D-9, FC3

Black Shark Den

I will definitely post my experience with it once I have it all tweaked to my liking and I'll post settings, etc...

System: Samsung 65" 4k Curved, Obutto Revolution Gaming Seat, Alienware Area-51 - Intel Core I-7 6950X 10 Core, Dual Nvidia 1080Ti 11g, 64g Fury Ram, 8TB HD, Warthog Flight Controls, Crosswind Pedals, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Pro.

DCS Mods: A-10A/C, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, P-51D, L-39, UH-1, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, Mig-15, Mig-21, Bf-109, Fw190D-9, FC3

Black Shark Den

I ordered my Pimax 5k on Nov 1st and just received it on Feb 22nd....so you might have a while to go. In the meantime, you might want to keep an eye out and stay up to date on whatever mods/accessories may be coming out to make it more comfortable...improvements on the headstrap....and if you see one that seems good, get a headstart on ordering it! I wish I had done that...the only downside I see in the pimax so far is the headstrap design...really not very good at all...especially after getting used to the oculus fit...

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Hi Pegon,

New to Pimax and same type question...former oculus and oculus home user....so I can run Dcsworld beta standalone but I have to have started SteamVr with the pitool steamvr button first? Right now I have imported dcsWorld into pitool and it starts on my monitor but in the headset I just have some sort of moonscape view...

Thanks for your help

tim

Fargo

You're lucky guys, I ordered a headset on October and still waiting for any communication from Pimax. I guess I should be patient as some backers are still waiting for their headset while preorder customers started to receive them.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Hi Pegon,

New to Pimax and same type question...former oculus and oculus home user....so I can run Dcsworld beta standalone but I have to have started SteamVr with the pitool steamvr button first? Right now I have imported dcsWorld into pitool and it starts on my monitor but in the headset I just have some sort of moonscape view...

Thanks for your help

tim

Don’t import. Simply start steamvr then pitool. Then start DCS. I start steamvr outside of pitool only to get my lighthouse working.

You're lucky guys, I ordered a headset on October and still waiting for any communication from Pimax. I guess I should be patient as some backers are still waiting for their headset while preorder customers started to receive them.

For you guys that already have the 5k is the picture quality better then your previous HMDs. Just wondering because lately people have been saying the picture quality of the 5k is equal or just a little better then the vive pro.

Tyriel Woods has a through-the-lens video comparison on YouTube . I think the Vive Pro actually looked better clarity-wise , although the Pimax seemed to have less SDE . The former is to be expected i suppose , given PPD .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Pimax 5K+ setup.

Day 1 preorder here as well, still not a peep from Pimax. Their fulfillment process is an absolute train wreck. Backers and immediate preorders still waiting while guys ordering a month or two ago are receiving units.

Tyriel Woods has a through-the-lens video comparison on YouTube . I think the Vive Pro actually looked better clarity-wise , although the Pimax seemed to have less SDE . The former is to be expected i suppose , given PPD .

Wouldn’t give his through the lens video any mind at all, terribly done comparison with no referencing and he has a history of comparing HMD with different PD’s being ran (and not clearly stating it). Look for SweVivers old video, he did it the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

33-DFC - I was not a backer and ordered on 1 Nov. I don't know if it was just coincidence or not, but I put in a ticket just requesting a status on my order a few weeks ago....got no response other than pimax saying they received my ticket...and then with no advanced warning or tracking emails it just showed up on my doorstep a few days ago.

Fargo

Guys, Thank you....I got it working by starting steamVr outside pitool and then starting dcs from my pitool import. Think it would work from outside just as well...

Odd though, Even though steamVr is installed and working, when I try to start it from the pitool button, pitool says please install steamVr...and has a button to install it...but, when I press that button, it takes me to a broken link on the pimaxVr website...I'll have to try that again in a few days.

Now to see if a single lighthouse will be good enough...it works but not very well with no lighthouse at all! I'm such a cheapskate but with three now useless rift sensors...I hate spending more cash!

Fargo