Pimax 5K+ setup.

slipstream21

Tyriel Woods has a through-the-lens video comparison on YouTube . I think the Vive Pro actually looked better clarity-wise , although the Pimax seemed to have less SDE . The former is to be expected i suppose , given PPD .

I don’t trust the through the lense comparisons because it’s completely different from when you actually put the headset on.

I don’t trust the through the lense comparisons because it’s completely different from when you actually put the headset on.

True enough , and he added that disclaimer in the video , but it is a point of reference for those of us who don't purchase every headset to compare :)

Sweiviver ? Meh . Lots of enthusiasm , but doesn't take the time to learn his subject matter .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

33-DFC - I was not a backer and ordered on 1 Nov. I don't know if it was just coincidence or not, but I put in a ticket just requesting a status on my order a few weeks ago....got no response other than pimax saying they received my ticket...and then with no advanced warning or tracking emails it just showed up on my doorstep a few days ago.

Thanks for your feedback))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Hello guys.

Sorry for the dummy question. But I'm novice in VR. Never used any VR solutions. Only TrackIR.

Today I got a message that my Pimax 5K Plus headset on the way. But I don't understand should I buy any additional sensors to get 6DOF like with trackir or no?

If yes, which I have to buy? (I play in DCS only).

Thanks.

Hello guys.

Sorry for the dummy question. But I'm novice in VR. Never used any VR solutions. Only TrackIR.

Today I got a message that my Pimax 5K Plus headset on the way. But I don't understand should I buy any additional sensors to get 6DOF like with trackir or no?

If yes, which I have to buy? (I play in DCS only).

Thanks.

You will need one HTC Vive Lighthouse for tracking, without it you will only have 3DOF. You'll only need one, people with two generally do so for full room tracking, etc.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 weeks later...
You will need one HTC Vive Lighthouse for tracking, without it you will only have 3DOF. You'll only need one, people with two generally do so for full room tracking, etc.

One more question. Does Pimax 5K+ support HTS Vive base station 1? Or only 2?

One more question. Does Pimax 5K+ support HTS Vive base station 1? Or only 2?

Either will work :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm PO123XXX lol, ordered mid January. I got some waiting to do but I just did order a SO+ to keep me company in the mean time.

You got a beast of a machine. I'll be interested in your performance results with the Pi headset. I got the option to put that same system. (No more SLI for me though)

I'm looking to upgrade my cv1. Flat screen it's just not the same anymore.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2