Ingame Missions & Campaign downloader/manager

Razi

Would love to see an ingame mission/campaign manager that you can search for and download missions/campaigns with community created content as well as official (i.e., Wag's occasional free missions).

Consolidating game content to an ingame area would be super convenient to find and download content. It may help promote newly released content as well. Firing up DCS and getting an alert that Wags posted another "Mission of the Week" and being able to download it and fly it in one or two clicks would be a welcome sight.

As it is, there is content out there, but it is spread out all over the place. Personally speaking, having this kind of thing ingame would make DCS feel full of content that is ever expanding.

(This is a wishlist forum, not a "is it practical?" forum. I'm not a developer, just a wish maker!)

• 1 year later...

Would really love to see an in game mission/campaign publishing/browsing system.

How fun and easy would it be to be able to publish missions directly from the ME. I could make a mission, hit publish, fill in some details about the mission and done. People could immediately try it out - all ingame.

I suspect the amount of content that would be created and therefore easily available in DCS would grow tremendously if this basic system was implemented.

I would like to be able to easily browse, ingame, published missions (continuously growing), filtering them by various options (dcs version, aircraft, map, unit density, type, etc.), try it out and then give it a rating afterwards. Good missions would rise and poor ones fall. It would be very helpful if this system allowed for the downloading of dependencies for the missions as well.

Obviously, I think this would be a very nice addition to the core game features of DCS while we wait for and even alongside the dynamic campaign.

This area of DCS really needs attention. The simulation side is great, performance/graphics are improving, the game side - not so much. It really hasn't changed or been touched for many many years. Off the top of my head I think the biggest addition on the game side has been the "Create Fast Mission" option.