Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 CM... 2 Grip!

Cyph3r

I see the new grip CM2 available in europe so how does someone in North America buy one of these?

Currently they are stating Feb 27th.

Keep an eye here:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/142-worldwide-webstore-restock-date/

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am getting a little flak for saying this on the hotas reddit.

But I really wish that 8-way pov was an analog.

you shouldn't be, particualrly given the lack of analogue slew on their throttle. Its the only thing keeping me from buying it...

I'm pissed at TM for a variety of reasons, but the WH throttle with delta's slew upgrade is the bees nees. I picked up a warBRD base and absolutely love it, more than my children, and am contemplating this grip. If that 8-way was analogue I'd be picking up the throttle too

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

The ones on VKB stick are the same ones as in console gamepads. They are accurate and durable and should solve the issues of previous generations of flight control systems.

Not meaning to hijack the thread in Virpil side of the forum, sorry. Virpil products are fantastic and, like said, I would gladly buy the whole set. Same goes for VKB. The perfect combo doesn't exist though and now we just have to mix and match.

I unfortunately ordered the T-50CM in November and have not yet used it once as I am still waiting for my new GPU. Now I see the new version and Virpil will not exchange my grip..

Besides the extra push buttons that I wouldn't mind, what I mind the most is the thumb hat and some information regarding the materials upgrade. It is not very clear in their product page.

Can someone explain what "an enhanced polyamide material" means for the trigger? and also what " high quality ALPs units" means for the hats? What are the actual benefits?

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

I am surprised that Virpil is not offering a discount for those supporters that bought the first grip. I will be buying the new CM2 and have used the T50 for 6 months or more. Its good but I need the extra 4 way for the A10C. I'm not terribly impressed with this company. One of their products has had an issue and I wasn't satisfied with their handling of me. Im still waiting on parts Ill never get.

I am pleased someone has taken on creating controllers so I support them. When Im done they will have accepted nearly 2000 of my money. They could do better. I smell planned obsolescence in their marketing strategy. You cannot be in the joystick business and not understand that the premier simulation is DCS and that of all the modules the A10C is by far the most complex. I own most modules. All of the hi fidelity. To create a stick that cant handle that is not a mistake, its a plan. I feel the need to have this stick so i can do what many other previous controllers could do with 4, 4 way hats on the stick alone. The X65F and the Warthog to name two. Im sure there are more. I don't like being played and manipulated by some companies greed.

Now if I am wrong about planned oscelence and it was a mistake to not add the 4th 4 way to the original stick then we are handing our money to a company not grounded in simulation. A company that didnt seek out what the market needed and then choose to deliver it right away. Somehow they didnt get it

Think about the engineering it took to add the 4th 4 way. Insignificant. The wiring is simple. The CAD person who designs the shape of the grip to accommodate the new 4 way switch would have no issue whatsoever with the creation of what we now see in the CM2. You have to ask yourself what is really going on over there at Virpil. Stop playing games Virpil. Put your heads down and get to work and create good products for a fair price.

I unfortunately ordered the T-50CM in November and have not yet used it once. Now I see the new version and Virpil will not exchange my grip..

Besides the extra push buttons that I wouldn't mind, what I mind the most is the thumb hat and some information regarding the materials upgrade. It is not very clear in their product page.

Can someone explain what "an enhanced polyamide material" means for the trigger? and also what " high quality ALPs units" means for the hats? What are the actual benefits?

There was an issue for some (me included) with the flip down trigger breaking after some use.

Sounds like they are using a stronger plastic of sort for it in the new grip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Can someone explain what "an enhanced polyamide material" means for the trigger?

More resistance to break - first T50 has some case of broken triggers.

... "high quality ALPs units" means for the hats?

More an convenience for grip construction, ALPS switch (e.g. RKJXL100401V) is an integrated 5 way switch (used too by VKB).

Previous VPC (4ways) HAT's are constructed like CH HATS, with 4 micro-switches (that could be OMRON) around a pole, without option to press.

Could be integrated a press button in this design, but will occupy more space inside grip.

ALPS solution is an more compact design.

@dburne and @Sokol, thank you very much for your replies. So it is not something I would care, except of losing the extra push function. As I said I haven't used my grip yet so I don't know how much the trigger will last if it ever breaks.

For me the reason to get the CM2 would be only the thumb 4-way/push button. On the other hand paying just for one button is too much to justify. I will prioritize to get my desk mounts in my next order. Still, I would appreciate if Virpil could exchange my new/unused grip or at least give me a discount.

@backstab, I am also not satisfied that I would have to pay again full price for CM2 (especially because my CM1 is new/unused), however I wouldn't say that Virpil did a mistake with CM1 intentionally. I believe the reason CM1 is like is without the thumb 4-way/push hat is because they wanted to replicate the real T-50 joystick design which appears like that in the pictures I've seen.

Still, they could offer a discount to previous owners, especially because they are a new company and customers trusting a new company is very important for the growth of the company.

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Yes, but only 23 buttons will work - limitation of Warthog base.

You can choose which one to make it work or it is automatic?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Really bad experience during today restock. Added CM2 to the basket, got stuck at checkout due to their server being slow and over next 3 minutes CM2 went out of stock.

Again, while the products are good, their sales service is ridiculously bad. Sadly, they can do it all they want there isn't really any competition.

Edited by mdee

I just read the first batch won’t have the upgraded trigger???! I’m confused now. Something weird is going on. I don’t believe they sold any. I think they pulled them from sale. Just my personal belief. I had one in my cart too and then bang. Out of stock.

A lot of guys stayed up to buy this and got screwed. Pretty poor Virpil. I’ve spent over a grand on products from you guys and this is bs.

Many posts in the virpil forums about the same issue.

Edited by Swine