STREAM DECK PROFILES LIBRARY

On 7/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, Bailey said:

You can download the profile herehttps://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317284/

10ADJaN.jpg

Pics:

Reveal hidden contents

fxVWzSZ.jpg

dZQYW6h.jpg

oBnRLuW.jpg

EPHSX7n.jpg

yFHsMCw.jpg

d2DxFuY.jpg

Please tell me you have something similar for the Huey... or the Gazelle Mistral 😄

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

6 hours ago, Brockn said:

Please tell me you have something similar for the Huey... or the Gazelle Mistral 😄

Nope. But I can put it on my project request list if you like.

I just received my first Stream Deck. I got the XL.  I'm starting to create DCS profiles for the F/A-18. I've found a bunch of great profiles already created like the ones from jonny415 and others, but none of them fit exactly the format that works right for my brain, so I'm planning to copy and paste a bunch of buttons from different people and put it all together in a format that works best for me. Before I get started, I am trying to decide whether to use pages, folder, or profiles to create my system of nested buttons in my Stream Deck. Now that Stream Deck offers buttons to Switch Profiles, Switch Pages, and Switch Folders, these are all options. 

So my home page will be buttons for all of the apps I use the most on my PC. One of those buttons will be DCS. Once I tap on the DCS button, I plan to have a page of buttons for all of the aircraft that I own and will eventually build SD profiles, folders, or pages for. One of the buttons will be for the F/A-18. That will take me to a page of F/A-18 buttons. I will probably set one up with buttons for each of the main sections of the cockpit and systems, since I am visual and that I how I know where everything is. 

So when I set up the nested buttons on my Stream Deck, should I set them up where each I have nested folders, multiple pages, or multiple nested profiles? 

I have 3 stream decks and no choice but to use profiles, I've spent many hours converting folders into profiles so I can use them between the different stream decks.

Pages only just came out a month or 2 back with 5.1, just gotta work out your work flow.

6 hours ago, CrashAlot said:

I just received my first Stream Deck. I got the XL.  I'm starting to create DCS profiles for the F/A-18. I've found a bunch of great profiles already created like the ones from jonny415 and others, but none of them fit exactly the format that works right for my brain, so I'm planning to copy and paste a bunch of buttons from different people and put it all together in a format that works best for me. Before I get started, I am trying to decide whether to use pages, folder, or profiles to create my system of nested buttons in my Stream Deck. Now that Stream Deck offers buttons to Switch Profiles, Switch Pages, and Switch Folders, these are all options. 

So my home page will be buttons for all of the apps I use the most on my PC. One of those buttons will be DCS. Once I tap on the DCS button, I plan to have a page of buttons for all of the aircraft that I own and will eventually build SD profiles, folders, or pages for. One of the buttons will be for the F/A-18. That will take me to a page of F/A-18 buttons. I will probably set one up with buttons for each of the main sections of the cockpit and systems, since I am visual and that I how I know where everything is. 

So when I set up the nested buttons on my Stream Deck, should I set them up where each I have nested folders, multiple pages, or multiple nested profiles? 

I personally use the first module main page as common buttons and systems like gear, flaps, etc. On that main page, if necessary, I’ll put sub system folders like comms, gps entry, etc. I don’t bother with startup stuff bc I use autostart for simplicity. I have not gotten Pages to work with anything other than the main Elgato first screen. Shortcut to folders may be an interesting alternative to using different profiles, but I haven’t seen or used it. 

Hello, I use jonny415's profile for Tomcat. Some keys have recently been reprogrammed. I can manage that. Unfortunately, some buttons are blinking like crazy, it works but it is really annoying.
I once took a short picture so you could see it. It also only affects the profile of the Tomcat.
Your own and the others you have loaded work flawlessly.
The Mig21bis profile is great too.

What can I do about the buttons blinking like that?

• Like 1

Blinking text on stream deck is due to duplicate name in lua file, I had delete a lot of duplicate lines from the original file. I have not flown the F-14 for while I will check it and update it soon. I am stuck with building the panel for JF-17 at the moment for my deskpit. 

For TACN Mode there are 2 same ID [2041] just copy the line to word for backup and delete the other one that's how I did it

For Nav MODE there are 2 same ID [50] just copy the line to word for backup and delete the other one.

Why to copy cuz sometime the 1 line you delete don't work the other one had to be deleted idk why

On 10/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, Bailey said:

Nope. But I can put it on my project request list if you like.

It would be great to have one especially for Mi8 radios, and in general for the gazelle.

Greetings and thank you!

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

10 hours ago, Brockn said:

It would be great to have one especially for Mi8 radios, and in general for the gazelle.

Greetings and thank you!

They are now on the list. Just a heads up that it’s a sizable list so there is a chance that I may never get to these. If you have the time I’d suggest starting this journey yourself and if you get stuck you can ask around for some assistance. Not only will it provide a great learning experience, but you will get to customize and tailor the profile specifically for your liking. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My tentative profile for Mirage M-2000C (bought the birdy the other day).

This is what I call "early WIP", but things you see in the screenshots seem to work. A few notes:

1. I used other people's icons wherever I could (posted somewhere on these forums etc.), because other people can draw pretty things. I can't.

2. Dumb ideas to get rid of:
a) Autopilot. I found free buttons for A/P and ALT HOLD on my joystick and those green/amber lamps are well visible under the glareshield in the cockpit.
b) These INS "main mode" knobs (one "NAV/ALN/etc", the other "[N]/STS"). I think you don't use them in flight, so why waste space on Stream Deck? Silly.

3. With the exception of the variable tables (those numbers with format strings), I emptied the original export script from all the old code (written by someone else) which didn't seem to work with current version of the Mirage. The module must have undergone some substantial rework or something, variable names have changed etc., so I didn't want "dead code" in it. WHICH MEANS you better backup your original script for the Mirage, just in case I removed one/some of those old things tha actually did still work.

4. The V/UHF radio in my profile is mostly static, i.e. the button backlight is static (only the green "LED lamps" for squelch and guard are real). I have little motivation to do it as squelch/guard and other options in this radio don't seem to work in the module. No matter how I set them, they remain "on".
If someone wants to do V/UHF dynamic backlight, I put meaningful comments in broken English for these variables in the script (see from var. no. 956). In the original script most of them were described as "?". Be warned, though: they work strange - V/UHF buttons get backlit when their variable is >=0.5 and < 1 (the latter is surprising, so be careful).

5. "Red radio" is not in the profile (yet).

6. The nasty blue background for TACAN controls is my best "artistic" effort to separate different radios visually on a single screen (currently there's only TACAN and V/UHF). Sorry.

7. The PCA panel "TOP | POL | APP | RD | OBL" and so on... I decided to do it "fully automatic", i.e. there's a single icon behind each button and all the text is automatic. Technically you could have - but only for the top row of buttons - green automatic text (LED display) and orange "S" backlight baked in the underlying icon. However, you can't do the same for the bottom row of buttons, because they have THREE backlight states: none, "S", and "SP". You can't have 3 icons in Stream Deck. Hence, I thought I'd do all buttons the same way, automatic text, but the drawback is the buttons are backlit in green, not orange. You may "fix" the top row using separate icons if you like.

8. The PCN (INS) panel seems to work fully, though I've had only a few hours in Mirage total.

If anybody wants to elaborate on this profile - please go ahead, but don't forget to share - I'd be very grateful if I could get an improved version of it 🙂

PREREQUISITES

1. Stream Deck XL

2. ctytler's Stream Deck plugin for DCS

3. The attached export script (BACKUP YOURS FIRST!)

4. The attached Stream Deck profile itself

01.PNG

02.PNG

04.png

03.PNG

EDIT: M-2000C has been recently updated by Razbam and no longer works with the files I posted here. Therefore I removed them from here. Updated files should be somewhere lower down in this topic.

Edited by scoobie
New M-2000C version
  • Like 5

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 12:54 PM, scoobie said:

This is what I call "early WIP", but things you see in the screenshots seem to work. A few notes:

1. I used other people's icons wherever I could (posted somewhere on these forums etc.), because other people can draw pretty things. I can't.

a) Autopilot. I found free buttons for A/P and ALT HOLD on my joystick and those green/amber lamps are well visible under the glareshield in the cockpit.
b) These INS "main mode" knobs (one "NAV/ALN/etc", the other "[N]/STS"). I think you don't use them in flight, so why waste space on Stream Deck? Silly.

3. With the exception of the variable tables (those numbers with format strings), I emptied the original export script from all the old code (written by someone else) which didn't seem to work with current version of the Mirage. The module must have undergone some substantial rework or something, variable names have changed etc., so I didn't want "dead code" in it. WHICH MEANS you better backup your original script for the Mirage, just in case I removed one/some of those old things tha actually did still work.

4. The V/UHF radio in my profile is mostly static, i.e. the button backlight is static (only the green "LED lamps" for squelch and guard are real). I have little motivation to do it as squelch/guard and other options in this radio don't seem to work in the module. No matter how I set them, they remain "on".
If someone wants to do V/UHF dynamic backlight, I put meaningful comments in broken English for these variables in the script (see from var. no. 956). In the original script most of them were described as "?". Be warned, though: they work strange - V/UHF buttons get backlit when their variable is >=0.5 and < 1 (the latter is surprising, so be careful).

6. The nasty blue background for TACAN controls is my best "artistic" effort to separate different radios visually on a single screen (currently there's only TACAN and V/UHF). Sorry.

7. The PCA panel "TOP | POL | APP | RD | OBL" and so on... I decided to do it "fully automatic", i.e. there's a single icon behind each button and all the text is automatic. Technically you could have - but only for the top row of buttons - green automatic text (LED display) and orange "S" backlight baked in the underlying icon. However, you can't do the same for the bottom row of buttons, because they have THREE backlight states: none, "S", and "SP". You can't have 3 icons in Stream Deck. Hence, I thought I'd do all buttons the same way, automatic text, but the drawback is the buttons are backlit in green, not orange. You may "fix" the top row using separate icons if you like.

8. The PCN (INS) panel seems to work fully, though I've had only a few hours in Mirage total.

If anybody wants to elaborate on this profile - please go ahead, but don't forget to share - I'd be very grateful if I could get an improved version of it 🙂

PREREQUISITES

1. Stream Deck XL

01.PNG

02.PNG

04.png

03.PNG

M-2000C.lua 31.95 kB · 6 downloads M-2000C.streamDeckProfile 783.77 kB · 8 downloads

I just loaded it up and this thing is looking pretty sweet! Nice work!

(I've been away for a couple of days).
I'm not sure what you're asking about. I do have NS 430 myself, though frankly I don't use it. Does NS 430 use these "export scripts" for anything? I don't know, but I doubt it, most likely it doesn't.
So, if I understand you correctly, the script (in any shape or contents) has no influence on NS 430, neither positive, nor negative, and NS430 should work just fine.

BTW, I'm glad that the thing I posted works for you! 🙂 However, after (and only after) this "radar overhaul update" that Razbam has recently come up with, I noticed a quirk. At least once when I turned the INS mode knob to "CAL" position, one of the top row INS displays on Stream Deck (I think it was the right one) displayed "CAL", while the displays in the cockpit were (properly) showing "0.00.00". Why the discrepancy? No idea. It wasn't the case before the update. Yeah, we don't use "CAL" in DCS, so probably it's no big deal, but I can only hope there are no more quirks introduced with this update 😞

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jonny415,

For both your Harrier and F18 profile I had to set the .lua in export scripts to .4f for the Jettison knobs (id 236 and 404) to get them to work (otherwise they just went one click to the right) and then the text readout to 0.000, 0.1000 etc... Is this correct or was it supposed to work on the settings you already had?

Cheers

Edited by medway

Not sure if update had made changes to the files, I just tested it everything seems to work fine since posted check the values listed below.

For the F-18:    

[236] = "%.1f",   -- Selective Jettison Knob, L FUS MSL/SAFE/R FUS MSL/ RACK/LCHR /STORES {0.0,0.1,0.2,0.3,04}

Button ID: 3011

Increment value: -0.1

Increment range min/mx: -0.1    0.3     check mark allow cycling to beginning

For the Harrier 

[404] = "%.1f",    --Jettison Mode Selector

Button ID: 3404

Increment by value: 0.5

Increment range min/max: -1        1          check mark allow cycling beginning

On 11/12/2021 at 7:54 PM, scoobie said:

PREREQUISITES

1. Stream Deck XL

01.PNG

02.PNG

04.png

03.PNG

M-2000C.lua 31.95 kB · 14 downloads M-2000C.streamDeckProfile 783.77 kB · 19 downloads

Hi Every one,

Thank you Scoobie for the excelent StreamDeck profile.

After the last update of OpenBeta the lamp of the PCN:  REC; BAD; VAL and MRC button didn't work. I try to find a solution but no chance.

Did somebody found how to get the status of thoses 4 lamps? or where to find the info?

Thank's in advance.

Best Regards

Rem27

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

On 12/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, rem27 said:

After the last update of OpenBeta the lamp of the PCN:  REC; BAD; VAL and MRC button didn't work. I try to find a solution but no chance.

Oh, great! :sad_2: I'll look into this, but need to find some free time to sit down and investigate. I hope it's repairable.

Rudimentary SD XL profile for M-2000C, more or less as depicted HERE

Changes:
* Update export script and SD profile to current version of M-2000C (as of 12/29/2021).
* Add countermeasure program selector (a pair of buttons) also showing DEFAULT (!) program settings, e.g. "C6 x 3" means 6 chaffs in 3 series, "C1 F1" means one chaff and one flare etc. - it is fixed text, so if you change your CM settings, the text on the SD buttons will be false and deceitful! I added it to help me memorise which of the 10 (or so) programs is for what purpose. If you don't like the profile like this, modify as desired or remove this information from these 2 buttons.
* Copy SIL/EM radar control to the main screen (nice to have for a quick glance + there was still some free space on main screen).

Known issues:
* (minor) Setting the INS knob to "CAL" displays "CAL" on top right "LCD display" on Stream Deck, instead of what the display shows in the cockpit (there's nothing I can do about it).

Put both files attached below where necessary.
If something still doesn't work, please let me know, I'm sorta tired already, might have overlooked this or that.

M-2000C.lua M-2000C.streamDeckProfile

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, scoobie said:

Rudimentary SD XL profile for M-2000C, more or less as depicted HERE

Changes:
* Update export script and SD profile to current version of M-2000C (as of 12/29/2021).
* Add countermeasure program selector (a pair of buttons) also showing DEFAULT (!) program settings, e.g. "C6 x 3" means 6 chaffs in 3 series, "C1 F1" means one chaff and one flare etc. - it is fixed text, so if you change your CM settings, the text on the SD buttons will be false and deceitful! I added it to help me memorise which of the 10 (or so) programs is for what purpose. If you don't like the profile like this, modify as desired or remove this information from these 2 buttons.
* Copy SIL/EM radar control to the main screen (nice to have for a quick glance + there was still some free space on main screen).

Known issues:
* (minor) Setting the INS knob to "CAL" displays "CAL" on top right "LCD display" on Stream Deck, instead of what the display shows in the cockpit (there's nothing I can do about it).

Put both files attached below where necessary.
If something still doesn't work, please let me know, I'm sorta tired already, might have overlooked this or that.

M-2000C.lua 32.35 kB · 2 downloads M-2000C.streamDeckProfile 830.59 kB · 2 downloads

Scoobie you are the best!

How did you manage to get thoses new lamp DCS ID?.

Thank you

Best Regards

Rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

5 hours ago, rem27 said:

How did you manage to get thoses new lamp DCS ID?

By using this "Model Viewer" app that sits in the DCS's "bin" folder, but it wasn't overly funny. There's another variable somewhere which controls the common light intensity for groups of buttons, and at first I must have had this turned off so nothing worked (no green lights in the buttons) 😕 Then I somehow figured it out and from that point on it was very "straightforward" - you just need to move around a 1,000 sliders to find those 4 that control the green lamps in question. Great fun 😕

Interestingly, these 4 variables which now control the lamps, used to do something with the V/UHF radio (old comments in German in the export script suggest so)... so, yeah, good idea and good luck looking for PCN button backlight in the radio department.

Anyway, I got a bit green of anger and finally found those IDs. I just wanted my quick and dirty profile to be ready for the French beauty again (even though I'm not flying Mirage at the moment, I'm tormenting my Christmas gift - the Chechoslovak pretty girl 🙂).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...