Is Mission 13 Possible?

SharpeXB

Mission 13 where you’re supposed to drop a laser guided bomb with INS

Does this even work in the M-2000C?

Many problems with this missions such as the waypoints bouncing all over, not able to follow them. Not sure if INS bombing even works or gets close to the target at all

Can’t align the INS on the lake at Waypoint 2 because the INS align button doesn’t function.

Can we just call an A-10 to do this? :cry:

Maybe I’m doing something wrong or maybe the mission just isn’t workable.

Example I don’t see WP 9, the IP as a crosshair on the ground when I fly over it.

I set the bombs to drop in pairs (am I supposed to or set to 1?) only one dropped anyways

I can see the targets visual but CCRP won’t work for some reason, the hills interfere?

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

You can do that. You can even just arm the bomb and jettison it when in certain parameters.

As long as it catches the laser, it should be good. But hitting is not pre-requisite for completing the mission, plus the JTAC lasing is bugged in DCS, so if it doesn't work do not worry too much :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Got it! Great campaign, thanks!

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 10 months later...
You can do that. You can even just arm the bomb and jettison it when in certain parameters.

As long as it catches the laser, it should be good. But hitting is not pre-requisite for completing the mission, plus the JTAC lasing is bugged in DCS, so if it doesn't work do not worry too much :)

Ran into the same problem, I managed to drop the bombs properly but they didn't track... ended up taking them out with guns. How is JTAC lasing broken exactly? Does it simply not work?

I'm also having the same issue with Mission 13. JTAC doesn't respond when taking the GBU's, so the laser never activates. When taking Mk82s, JTAC says "no tasking available." It seems the only way to complete this mission at the moment is to jettison the bombs and then take out the convoy with guns. I might try a Mk82 run to see if I can get all the targets and complete the mission that way.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Finished it today, via a standard CCRP release though...

Laser seemed to work well.

Did you have to contact JTAC or did you drop the bombs without contacting him manually?

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Okay, so I got the JTAC to work. I downloaded the mission file again and waited to contact JTAC until I passed WP5 and climbed to about 12k feet. When I contacted JTAC at that point, I received a response, and I was able to get him to use the laser. I had to circle around before arriving at the target at 15K feet for about a minute while conversing with JTAC until he decided to turn on the laser. At the end, it worked, and the bomb was on target. It seems to be a DCS issue with JTAC not responding to comms when flying in low valleys or an area trigger.

I managed to contact the JTAC in very low level, I don't know why there might be such a difference between people...

Not realistic because obviously so low in mountains radio contact is much harder, unless if there is a radio relay airborne.

Around WPT3 I initiated contact (on station in 15 minutes) then went through all the process. I was able to get a full read back before WPT5 and asked for Laser On before the attack.

• 2 years later...