Napalm

CAmastersgt

I know people who would shoot at kids in a video game...in fact there's an entire game built around "How many 5 year olds to kill you" where you're supposed to kill them before they kill you (and they will, eventually...always increasing spawn numbers).

And then there's dead baby jokes...

It's a game. Pixels. Ions and electricity. Now if the NPCs ever achieve self-awareness, all bets are off. ;)

Yea its a game exactly, and i would further add that i am not a fan of the moral equivalency fallacY that the SJw bring up.

IE " you like napalm what do you also want to kill babies or play a genocide simulator?"

To those earlier Id point out that using Napalm in a Flight sim is in no way morally equivalent to such aforementioned things even in a video game. Using moral equivalency fallacies is a piss poor retort. Napalm is/was a weapon of war ( still is if you count similar fire bomb derivates like Mk77) , and its intended use would be against INfnatry , light vehicles, or perhaps a base camp all of which are fair and legal targets in a war.

But even without Napalm in DCS , whats stopping a virtual pilot from indiscriminate mass carpet bombing a city with cluster muntions just to kill a few armored vehicles.? OH no shall we remove all A/G weaponry from DCS? oh no those poor virtual buildings and civilian cars, Think of the people!!!!! (sarcasm)

Point is all weapons can be misused against non legally acceptable targets, but thats a totally different discussion TBH, and id agree with you generally pointless debate given these are jut virtual pixels.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It’s a video game. If your sentimentalities don’t allow for napalm/nuclear weapons/ cluster munitions/ bullets/ etc then don’t use them. Don’t use your individual etthics as a reason to deny something to other people in a video game. As a Soldier with four combat tours, I don’t care how the enemy dies, so long as it decreases my Soliders’ risk of injury. This is a combat simulator. I want tactical nukes, napalm, cluster munitions, air-deployable mines, etc so I can simulate whatever I choose to. Bonus points if the napalm sticks to kids. :D

Bonus points if the napalm sticks to kids. :D

"3 little kids in a field of rice, aiming stakes for napalm strikes." OLD SCHOOL CADENCE

I agree, use what you want, the enemy don't care how you die anyway. Don't deny opportunity to someone else. Simple programing is all it takes. They already got fire explosions for aircraft. Just make it last a little longer, enhance it, and apply the effects. Since this is a military aircraft simulator, the great parts of the game/simulator are applying the weapons, doing some damage, oh and a little bit of flying too of course :)

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

• 2 months later...

DCS is a combat Sim which means there will be 'combat' in many cases (not a pleasant thing in real life). Or you could fly transports only or from point A to point B admiring the scenery which I do most of the time.

A weapon is a weapon not a bouquet of flowers or a box of candy. Napalm is a weapon, probably more vicious than conventional bombs (I hope I never get to know.)

If it's possible, I would like to see Napalm modeled in the game.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I could type something...but I better leave it alone, not because of fear of violating the rules, no, because some need to ripen before they could even understand what ethics, nukes and napalm mean.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

As we are playing in DCS "only" with things that were designed to kill, everyone has to make his own decision whats ok for him and whats not.

The difference bewtween Napalm and clusterbombs is for me quite simple:

So the difference is simple: A clusterbomb instantly kills you, while Napalm slowly burns you to death.

But however, everyone has to make his own decisions...

Every single weapon employed in this "simulator" or "game" whichever you prefer is capable of inflicting grievous wounds, from which people can survive. Blindness, missing most of their upper maxilla, missing arms, legs, reproductive organs, gaping wounds where faces or body structures where. Serious wounds which will alter their lives irrevocably. Your logic for how a cluster munition vs. Napalm (or any munition/weapon) being inherently less "destructive/painful/life altering" is missing some important factual information.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

N.1 we are in a complex game or simulator.

N.2 this is not the place of moralists.

N.3 In war and all of us are simulating a war .... I said ... in war there is no ethics because war is war or you kill or you are killed.

in a war even a stone can be a weapon what difference is there between a stone and an atomic bomb?

I would have preferred that you do not use the word ethics but simply say that in DCS weapons of mass destruction (NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL, CHEMICAL) NBC do not want to use them because we will pass from a level of WAR defcom 3 to a level of war defcom 2 up to the most high level of war DEFCOM 1. war levels are 5.

Edited by Xilon_x

people who cant draw the line between reality and video games are the real danger

:thumbup:

As far as weapon systems, model them all, just as done with flight models, avionics, cockpits, etc to known realistic variables.

If someone has a problem with it, it is their choice to not use it. Just as it is the choice of someone to use it.

Analogy:

One person in a couple is on a diet and, the other partner wants Ice Cream. Should the one on the diet remove / disallow any Ice Cream in the house denying the other partner of their choice/desires?

Happy Simming

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Its a difference between "can't draw the line between reality and a video game" and "I don't even want to have unethic weapons as pixels".

Just think about other topics I don't even want to name now, is it ok to make a game about those just "because its only pixels"?

However, it will never be "that big thing" and every petson may have his own opinnion on that topic...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Its a difference between "can't draw the line between reality and a video game" and "I don't even want to have unethic weapons as pixels".

Just think about other topics I don't even want to name now, is it ok to make a game about those just "because its only pixels"?

However, it will never be "that big thing" and every petson may have his own opinnion on that topic...

Dude,

With all due respect, you are electing to play a game that is about killing/maiming/destroying things.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

I would like to see napalm, and nukes as well. You can always choose not to use them if they "offend" your sensibilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I would like to see napalm, and nukes as well. You can always choose not to use them if they "offend" your sensibilities.

You can drop nukes in the Mig-21bis :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

No, I do not think we need that shit in DCS. Neither the atomic bomb.

This game is called Digital Combat Simulator.....What is the difference in dropping Napalm/Nukes/"ordinary explosive bombs"/cluster ammunition...? These things have one thing in common, they were designed to kill people. I don't get why people are offended by one type but are absolutely fine with the other.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

You may or may not wish that Napalm was simulated in DCS, but I think that you shouldn't write disrespectfully about child soldiers, victims of Napalm, etcetera.

I hope that someone edits his/her posts.

I don't know what you have been through in your life and I don't consider myself better than you.

My grandparents have been soldiers and they explained me that people should not joke or even talk without respect about certain subjects and I agree with them.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

No, I do not think we need that shit in DCS. Neither the atomic bomb.

Mig21 already has R24 and R28

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Well I think napalm is a horrible weapon and its use should be prohibited worldwide, but since it isn't and it exists IRL, we should get it too. Because as much as I detest it myself, I still think it should be available because this is a sim, right? Don't like it, don't use it, simple as that.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

You also don't shoot at pilots on the chute...

All personnel hanging from a chute are illegal to be shot at, unless they are holding a firearm in their hands or shooting.

Then it ain't anymore a war crime to shoot them, when they have started or shown hostility toward personnel on ground/air.

One day I hope DCS has a moral setting, where dishonored enemy killing is resetting score.

There are couple IRL encounters where allies shot German pilot hanging from a chute, at getting shot down. The allied pilots returned to try machinegun them because the personal hate toward Germans. But that is nice in DCS that such thing can't be done, right? And as well how AI stops sitting at you once you are crippled and trying to stay up in the air. Yet we see many pilots in YouTube to do that in DCS.... Why? They ain't a threat anymore...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.