DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Hi Everyone,

End of winter is rapidly approaching - and we’re proud to say that we’re now feature complete and in RC-type build status. What that means is that we’ve completed implementation of everything that we consider necessary for early access release, and are now focused on ironing out any remaining major or game breaking issues. We’ve launched the manual to great feedback (thanks to everyone who helped out and who has reported issues since!) and the only remaining step for us now is to get the aircraft in your hands.

Over the past two weekends, we’ve ran two large stress tests with 30+ Tomcats on a single server. These have allowed us to debug various issues across a more dense multiplayer environment. The expansion of the testing team to include many more people has also been very helpful in establishing what needs revision and work.

We’re eager to share with you the launch day of the F-14, pending ED’s final approval. We hope this will happen within the next few days.

Also in the coming days, we’ll be going through what to expect from the F-14 Early Access, what our roadmap is for it’s final release (-A, Campaigns, other missing features, etc.) and projected timescales. Hopefully these will give you a good idea of what you’ll be flying on day one, as well as what the future holds for our F-14 project. The F-14 won’t be perfect when we launch, but we intend to show you just how committed we are to quality and our product in the days following release. Expect to be impressed.

More than anything, thank you for your support. It’s what keeps us going on long, dark, coffee-fueled nights. We’re looking forward to breathing a little post launch and as we settle into our Tomcat journey together.

Sincerely,

Team Heatblur

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news, this sub forum has gotten to the point where I'm just as excited for the launch because it also means it will be the death of the endlessly stupid and moronic topics in regards to the Tomcats release and replace them with legitimate topics about our favourite fighter!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Future two-seater jets

I know this is a F-14 thread, but I have a question relating to your Jester AI technology.

As you appear to have perfected this AI technology, do you think that HB are now the leading contender to bring an RAF Tornado to life for the DCS World?