DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Well, this community has a tendancy to hype itself up a great deal on it's own, just look at what started this one: A random STEAM db update from someone not at HB.

TL,DR:

Sorry guys if you feel mistreaded in any way, it was not our intention.

This discussion will however not affect when we can/will release the module.

I was more hoping that next time/module you would not start the marketing machinery 2 to 3 years in advance and maybe wait until there is a release date (and not a half year "possible release window"). You can really always make a "surprise early access" a couple months early, by just releasing... all these pitchforks and torches, seem to originate from the splendid marketing campaign that culminated into a "just a couple more months" at the height of excitement, where anybody expected to see at least a beta product. I am aware you had no I'll intentions and personally I can understand the situation and know how difficult it is to control complex projects. I simply hope your marketing department considers the current situation, next time you want to announce an imminent release of a module... :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.. they never confirmed 21st march,, it's just max release date.

It's this "Stand by to stand by" modus operandi of Heatblur that is annoying

Which means it's a confirmed worst-case. Anything else can only be icing on the cake! Rejoice!

Heatblur guys - a little suggestion.

If you are officially from Heatblur / can you put that in your sig so we can distinguish official posts from HB employees vs the rest of us armchair generals?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sorry being doubtful but how someone can just jump into your software and decide to publish a date? Has ED control over your steam product then

?

Any Admin from Valve, any automated Script, Filter running a change on the database, etc.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sorry being doubtful but how someone can just jump into your software and decide to publish a date? Has ED control over your steam product then

?

ED has control of all DCS product, including DLC on steam. They would have been the ones to change it. Graywolf also point this out on hoggit today.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If you are officially from Heatblur / can you put that in your sig so we can distinguish official posts from HB employees vs the rest of us armchair generals?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Great idea to help improve communication and avoid further confusion.

ED has control of all DCS product, including DLC on steam. They would have been the ones to change it. Graywolf also point this out on hoggit today.

Yeah, it seems like ED and Wags were set for a February release but forgot to tell HB or vice versa.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The greatest restriction on the content creators is the time it takes to produce their videos and, added to that, the time it takes to learn to use the AWG-9 and other RIO systems.

But they're coming for sure!

Some of these blokes are gonna be surprised that the AWG 9 doesn't sport a circular radar and beep when it detects a target.

Viewpoints are my own.

Some of these blokes are gonna be surprised that the AWG 9 doesn't sport a circular radar and beep when it detects a target.

Also I mild downer is the Tomcat doesnt support Slammers...(correct me if Im wrong).

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Tested but not used operationally.

I personally wouldn't consider this a downer of any kind.

Then you have not used a well-modelled AIM120, say in that other hardcore sim, we are not permitted here to mention.

The Slammer, when used with TWS, allows you to engage multiple targets at once and still increase your A-Pole by cranking during missile time of flight.

Supporting the SARH Sparrow all the way to impact invites eating a return missile.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Then you have not used a well-modelled AIM120, say in that other hardcore sim, we are not permitted here to mention.

The Slammer, when used with TWS, allows you to engage multiple targets at once and still increase your A-Pole by cranking during missile time of flight.

Supporting the SARH Sparrow all the way to impact invites eating a return missile.

Wow. If the F14 could only do that...

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

Wow. If the F14 could only do that...

With the Phoenixes yes, not the SARH Great White Hope.

But you have to ask yourself if a AIM54 is able to kill a relatively nimble fighter out at say 60-100 miles when he knows the missile is inbound. (If Im being spiked by an OPFOR Tomcat, I will assume a Phoenix is inbound an jink accordingly.)

AFAIK the AIM54 was designed to kill anti-ship missile laden bombers from extreme range before they could launch their missiles at the Carrier, the Tomcat is of course a Fleet Defender, an interceptor by design. I think such a heavy bomber would have trouble evading the inbound Phoenix or, if it can by jettisoning its stores, at least you achieved a "mission kill" on it, thereby still protecting the fleet.

You are a RL Turkey Driver, I am not.

So, if I have erred, do please correct me. The topic fascinates me and I love to learn.

:pilotfly:

any way to tell when we can have it?

Winter 2019 - Which means, between now and March 22 - that news has been available for several months.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The one I honestly feel most bad for in this situation is Meteor. They were probably asked to have the album completed literally years ago. That’s years of potential publicity, exposure, touring income and who knows what else just sitting on the metaphorical shelf.

I just hope this ends up having been worth it for everyone involved, HB and Meteor especially.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the Phoenixes yes, not the SARH Great White Hope.

But you have to ask yourself if a AIM54 is able to kill a relatively nimble fighter out at say 60-100 miles when he knows the missile is inbound. (If Im being spiked by an OPFOR Tomcat, I will assume a Phoenix is inbound an jink accordingly.)

AFAIK the AIM54 was designed to kill anti-ship missile laden bombers from extreme range before they could launch their missiles at the Carrier, the Tomcat is of course a Fleet Defender, an interceptor by design. I think such a heavy bomber would have trouble evading the inbound Phoenix or, if it can by jettisoning its stores, at least you achieved a "mission kill" on it, thereby still protecting the fleet.

You are a RL Turkey Driver, I am not.

So, if I have erred, do please correct me. The topic fascinates me and I love to learn.

:pilotfly:

Just reading "Iranian F-14 Tomcat units in combat". If you would ask the Iraqi "nimble fighter" pilots downed by an AIM-54A they would likely disagree. The kill board is quite impressive MiG-21, MiG-23, Mirage F 1EQ, Su-20, MiG-25, Su-22M, Mirage 5, MiG-27... and Tu-22 of course, but that's not a fighter.

Shagrat

Just reading "Iranian F-14 Tomcat units in combat". If you would ask the Iraqi "nimble fighter" pilots downed by an AIM-54A they would likely disagree. The kill board is quite impressive MiG-21, MiG-23, Mirage F 1EQ, Su-20, MiG-25, Su-22M, Mirage 5, MiG-27... and Tu-22 of course, but that's not a fighter.

Curious. IIRC the Phoenix when launches goes up to like 40,000 feet and drops down on the target damn near vertically.

I guess the Iranians would be the ones to ask since I believe only 1 AIM54 has been launched in anger by a US Tomcat.

Curious. IIRC the Phoenix when launches goes up to like 40,000 feet and drops down on the target damn near vertically.

I guess the Iranians would be the ones to ask since I believe only 1 AIM54 has been launched in anger by a US Tomcat.

Three have been launched in anger, all failed.

To be fair one missed because it was fired from max range and the target, a MiG-23, turned tail and ran at maximum speed...

I see some people are not happy about not hearing a release date. You already have one.

They said March 21st, 2019.

Being mad because "you haven't heard anything more" is quite immature.

If March 21st comes and goes and then there's still no release. THEN you can get upset.

Nope.. they never confirmed 21st march,, it's just max release date.

It's this "Stand by to stand by" modus operandi of Heatblur that is annoying

Just to wrap up the most common interpretation error on these forums lately:

you'll have it

before

the 21th of March as we've said.

Latest day to get the Tomcat will be the 20th, and the 21st isn't even Winter anymore... dealwithit.png

And my guess is: It will be there on the 20th - in Stable branch, if nothing breaks getting a "shift to Stable" update then. And a week earlier in Open Beta. So I'm targetting the 13th. Anything earlier would be great though, but having ED's update schedule in mind, the only possibly realistic date would be next Wednesday which I now take as rather unlikely since it hasn't been announced in the newsletter.

Some of them have their logo as avatar pic. Personally I totally liked when Cobra was playing around with his showing tiny little teasers about the next module - which now would be the Tornado IDS by the way rainbowdashwink.png

Another option would be an introduction thread, RAZBAM has that for example. And while HB still was part of LNS, they had it on their homepage (but IIRC without the forum names). But I highly guess they have better things to do at the moment twilightsmile.png

I sincerely hope that everyone in the DCS community is already past that impression of a radar suite... I didn't even take that for real when I was a child and saw that somewhere rdlaugh.png

The one I honestly feel most bad for in this situation is Meteor. They were probably asked to have the album completed literally years ago. That’s years of potential publicity, exposure, touring income and who knows what else just sitting on the metaphorical shelf.

I just hope this ends up having been worth it for everyone involved, HB and Meteor especially.

I've taken 10 different tracks off of the October 7th reveal stream. I've heard in at least two of them additional instruments (like a guitar solo track) in videos that came after that, so some of those were oretty much WIP at that point. But I guess his work is finished by now as well pinkie-approved.png

salvaging your credibility doesn't come from making more reassurance posts cobra

Why are you even here still? Didn't you get your refund already? rainbowdashwink.png

I might have a guess though on who's downvoting every F-14 content on the Tube as soon as it's out twi-notbad.png

Three have been launched in anger, all failed.

To be fair one missed because it was fired from max range and the target, a MiG-23, turned tail and ran at maximum speed...

While the other two failed to ignite AFAIK... rainbowdashwink.png

Eeyup eeyup.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg