DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

It will be worth the wait.

- Wags

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on some missteps in the past.

FineAssuredDormouse-size_restricted.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The goal is not to slam ED into the ground - I am sure they are doing what they can - but to better inform the community. It is quite impractical to still use these messy threads to post important information as the last one. I am fed up with reading OT replies and finally found one interesting message from Cobra or another HB guy in the middle of this mess.

Totally agree. We really need a fixed and locked thread where all relevant information is posted like the "Hornet Mini-Updates" from Wags.

Tip: You can simply search for all posts of a user, that makes it somewhat easier.

This would be a huge positive change. Searching by user can help, but in this case, official Heatblur information could be coming from Cobra847, Naquaii, BlackLion213 or others, so we do need more.

Putting all official statements and only official statements into a sticky thread with a standardized title (eg [module name] Official Release Information) would make sense. Checking this forum should always be more informative than checking a dev's facebook.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

1) Can it BUZZ a tower?:thumbup:

Yeah but then we'd need a "I want butts call" from the tower, and getting the trigger right could be tricky... And they would need to make sure the voice actor hit it exactly right, otherwise there might be confusion. ;)

That is what is holding it up right now, its busting the tower, not buzzing it ;)

The Top Gun script is written as "Buzz". That was all I was correcting there.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I don't believe anyone has questioned the that's being done or the quality of the product but when you offer a window in any business you should meet that window and people get upset. and they have every rite. for instance I took my vacation two weeks before the end of winter just for this. and i'm not crying i'm just saying. the responsibility should be on the company not the people that already shelled out their cash for the company's product. and they shouldn't be made to feel like their being out of line for it.

• ED Team
I don't believe anyone has questioned the that's being done or the quality of the product but when you offer a window in any business you should meet that window and people get upset. and they have every rite. for instance I took my vacation two weeks before the end of winter just for this. and i'm not crying i'm just saying. the responsibility should be on the company not the people that already shelled out their cash for the company's product. and they shouldn't be made to feel like their being out of line for it.

Sorry but that's now how life works, ED as a publisher has a certain responsibility to make sure it meets a certain level before release. The F-14 is very complex, especially the FM. If we can catch some stuff before it goes out the door, we prefer to do so.

As for taking a vacation based on a software release date, that was not even a firm date, well... lesson learned?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

hey you can be your own gate keeper pal but doit with your money not mine. there take another 20% for that one. it was well worth it.

What you did was gamble on a release date with no solid information on it.

Sometimes when you gamble, you lose.

If you took your vacation for nothing because the F-14 didn't release in that window..well..

If you check your calendar, you'll see that there are still three weeks until the deadline.

Winter ends on March 20th. At that point you can complain about target dates not being met, we are still well before the deadline. You decided to take time off work that preceded the release date. If you wind up on vacation without the Tomcat the only person responsible is you.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Fixed it for you, Pro-tip **(don't copy the whole link, just the last lettery bit)**

GDya.gif