DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

:thumbup: we'll have many years of flying with the Tomcat… Calm down.

Agreed! This thing is going to release and it’s going to be so cringy for these guys to go re-read what they are posting. Acting like a bunch of 5 year olds that didn’t get their ice cream in time.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any publication must go through a rigorous process now, based on some missteps in the past. In addition to standard publishing assets, the module must submit a detailed accounting of their flight model’s accuracy based on verifiable data, we must run through all avionics systems to ensure it matches provided documentation, all content must play through correctly, and naturally, there can be no crash issues. All of this applies to the Release Candidate sent from the developer, not development builds. Only after all these items are satisfied can we consider a release date/publication. The F-14 is not there yet.

Oh boy. :(

Let's hope ED & Heatblur get it fixed before March20th, whatever it is. Cobra is not going to be happy, and honestly I will feel really sorry for Heatblur if they do miss it. They put their heart and soul into developing this module, anyone who's followed the development can attest to this.

They will get crucified if the date gets pushed back, and unfairly if I may say so. From reading between the lines Eagle Dynamics seem to have changed the way they do the final testing of RC candidates and recently at that too.

ED I hope you take this as constructive criticism, you guys need to change the way you communicate with your 3rd party partners, there is definitely something awry here, as we have seen with the numerous little slips over the last few weeks.

For one thing I doubt that Heatblur would have promised a March20th release date as a firm end window if this "verification" process was something they were aware of at the time.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

ED I hope you take this as constructive criticism, you guys need to change the way you communicate with your 3rd party partners, there is definitely something awry here, as we have seen with the numerous little slips over the last few weeks.

THIS ! Aswell as their customers.. They need to listen to us !

Oh boy. :(

Let's hope ED & Heatblur get it fixed before March20th, whatever it is. Cobra is not going to be happy, and honestly I will feel really sorry for Heatblur if they do miss it. They put their heart and soul into developing this module, anyone who's followed the development can attest to this.

They will get crucified if the date gets pushed back, and unfairly if I may say so. From reading between the lines Eagle Dynamics seem to have changed the way they do the final testing of RC candidates and recenetly at that too.

For one thing I doubt that Heatblur would have promised a March20th release date as a firm date if this "verification" process was something they were aware of at the time.

that's not what he meant by that. It's not through the process yet.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

That's how I understood it as well. They just haven't finished testing the release candidate yet. With that said, it wouldn't be surprising at all if there were a few things that needed to get fixed before releasing it. Things happen. We will still get to pretend to go mach 2 with our hair on fire soon enough.

That's how I understood it as well. They just haven't finished testing the release candidate yet. With that said, it wouldn't be surprising at all if there were a few things that needed to get fixed before releasing it. Things happen. We will still get to pretend to go mach 2 with our hair on fire soon enough.

he even post's later on that they will know more in a few days.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yes his phrasing is a bit ambiguous, but I believe and hope you are right. However my second point I believe stills stands. I doubt Cobra would have promised a solid release window had they known about the new verification process. Wags himself as much as said so that this is something that they have recently implemented based on previous "missteps in the past". We can't really know how the communication process between ED and third party developers is done but from what little tidbits we have seen it looks like it could be improved.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Everyone just relax....

Our act is quite together thanks. As we explained to Heatblur, we need at least a week to evaluate the release canidate before we can commit to a release date. The Tomcat is a very complex product and we will not publish it until we are sure our customers will be happy with its release state.

The lack of an F-14 release date as zero to do with the MiG-19.

- Wags

Some folks are really destroying the release experience with their adolescent behavior.

No one forced any of us to pre-order. Everyone had the choice to just wait until it’s ready.

I trust ED and HB that they will put the quality of the product and the customer experience first.

I mean, all these un-chilled guys will probably be the first ones to explode when they find the tiniest bug.

Everyone relax .... the fun will come! Promised!

Nume

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

• ED Team

You are reading too much into this, 3rd Party communication and verification is something that has grown and evolved since the first days of offering 3rd Party products, and it will continue to do so, nothing I have seen HB say goes against this, they seem confident that they will get the F-14 out, and I am sure as skilled as those guys are, any issues the F-14 has will be buttoned up fast.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You are reading too much into this, 3rd Party communication and verification is something that has grown and evolved since the first days of offering 3rd Party products, and it will continue to do so, nothing I have seen HB say goes against this, they seem confident that they will get the F-14 out, and I am sure as skilled as those guys are, any issues the F-14 has will be buttoned up fast.

:thumbup:

I need to appoligize to heatblur. earlier I made a statement about a gate keeper thinking I read that from ED. I was wrong flying off like that and I am sorry. you didn't deserve that. so i'm going to calm down and just get it in my head that I have to wait like the rest of you guy's. could be worse.

i just opened this thread after 5 days...this shit is getting real :baby:

*grabs popcorn*

OMG That emote!!!:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Some folks are really destroying the release experience with their adolescent behavior.

No one forced any of us to pre-order. Everyone had the choice to just wait until it’s ready.

I trust ED and HB that they will put the quality of the product and the customer experience first.

I mean, all these un-chilled guys will probably be the first ones to explode when they find the tiniest bug.

Nume

Forever this... I'd rather wait ***GASP*** till april, if it means the final RC is in a bit better shape. Same with Razbams mig.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Any publication must go through a rigorous process now, based on some missteps in the past. In addition to standard publishing assets, the module must submit a detailed accounting of their flight model’s accuracy based on verifiable data, we must run through all avionics systems to ensure it matches provided documentation, all content must play through correctly, and naturally, there can be no crash issues. All of this applies to the Release Candidate sent from the developer, not development builds. Only after all these items are satisfied can we consider a release date/publication. The F-14 is not there yet.

Wow, this info seems to have flown over everyone’s heads, so to speak. I had no idea the process was now so rigorous. Bumping the FM, systems, procedures against real world documentation and requiring rectification of discrepancies is how it should be done in a study sim. I honestly thought the approval process was closer to

“does it approximate the real aircraft? check. does it crash the game? nope? ok have fun.”

Kudos to ED for upping their quality standards.

It’s extremely cool to learn this is how ED is doing things now. Thanks for the insight Norm.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Nume

This has been my feeling too. I've been with DCS since the KA-50's boxed release and it's never been this wild. I was, and still am, fairly shocked to see Wags post after all the insanity that's been going on, which is frankly telling that people should really calm themselves.

I'll admit I'm a very impatient person for sure, but I've been fairly entertained having the manual in the meantime. Plus we're evidently getting the Mig-19 so I'll have something else besides the manual to enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn what a meltdown this post is suddenly having.

I can see the future now, ED gives in and releases the F14.

The next month of posts will be the same people complaining that the F14 has bugs, and What are ED doing, it wasn’t ready for release.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don’t.

ED / HB please do not give in, do not release if there are issues that need to be fixed. Do this right, she’s gonna be amazing, we will be flying her for years to come, and from all accounts she’s gonna push DCS In terms of technology.

To be honest, I’m actually quite happy about this situation and the fact ED are communicating with us on here, as it’s meaning we are getting a better idea of just how much work goes into making sure the Modules are stunning.

This can only be a positive thing for the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: