DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachment.php?attachmentid=204818&stc=1&d=1550669961

I stand corrected.

First you were basically correct and not "comlpletely wrong".

Second: "Well in advance" does sound to me like more than a day or two before release... a week or more does not sound unreasonable. :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

First you were basically correct and not "comlpletely wrong".

Second: "Well in advance" does sound to me like more than a day or two before release... a week or more does not sound unreasonable. :music_whistling:

No he was completely wrong. He stated that Heatblur would cancel preorders a week before EA release. That statement was wrong. He even went to the trouble of finding the correct information and posting it. Im sorry if I came accross as being a hardass but these things need to be addresed as soon as they appear since this is the way that rumours get started and this close to release I don't think anyone wants that.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

oh, yep, sorry. Totally different meaning.

I was fixated on "announcing the end of pre-order" in advance....

No he was completely wrong. He stated that Heatblur would cancel preorders a week before EA release. That statement was wrong. He even went to the trouble of finding the correct information and posting it. Im sorry if I came accross as being a hardass but these things need to be addresed as soon as they appear since this is the way that rumours get started and this close to release I don't think anyone wants that.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Looking forward to the F14's release.

I'm sure the folks at Heatblur are just as excited to release their product to the public as many are to get it.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

i have no joke spent $1000+ in anticipation of this module..... cant wait, thanks for the update.

Haha, that makes two of us. I invested in all new flightsim control gear and a video card upgrade, pretty much just because of this module.

c'mon ED make the announcement <3

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I bought a whole new PC and HOTAS set-up and custom-built a simming chair for the F-14 back when the preorder hit expecting it to maybe be a couple of months before we had the module. All told, I've dropped around $3200 in preparation for this module. I don't feel like my enthusiasm exceeds anyone else's, but my bit certainly has it's share of teeth marks.

I've been awaiting this module since Fleet Defender became obsolete. In the intervening time, I bought flight sims based almost solely on whether Tomcat mods existed, only to be disappointed in some shape or form every time. I'm ready to rock, Heatblur.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Well,you can always open a thread and wait for the ED team to respond:megalol:

I mean sure, but i was hoping more to know if there was an organized way to in which do it. I don't want to be a jerk about it, I just want to help make the product better.

I know this is a F-14 thread, but I have a question relating to your Jester AI technology.

As you appear to have perfected this AI technology, do you think that HB are now the leading contender to bring an RAF Tornado to life for the DCS World?

The Tornado IDS is their next module, just in before the A-6E. They just didn't tell us yet dealwithit.png

I might have booked holiday at the wrong time though! I went for 18th-22nd march....

If it's here earlier, you can still use those days exclusively for flying. And it's even better than a Mar 20th release where you'd have to wait on 2 of your days off rainbowdashwink.png

My mustache is ready.

Here's another one... who's happy to grade some traps dealwithit.png

b5bnwkq6.png

But what's more important: Is the Danger Zone ready as well? rdlaugh.png

AYYYY my group of friends got some Tomcat art too!

1550650825.blueions_chlopaki_upversion.png

also GREAT NEWS! been looking forward to it for ages!

cl-rd-clap.png fluttershy_clap.png cl-ts-clap.png

Or a GAF Tornado wink.gif

I'd take both. Early ones shouldn't be too different. But then trying to compare the evolved ones really gets tricky twilightsmile.png

Awesome. Pretty soon I'll be able to change my signature!

sig.replace(/Tomcat/, "Tornado");

rainbowdashwink.png

Don't forget! You said few days, not few weeks biggrin.gif Winter will end on next friday it's already 30°C here hahahahaha

Do you even have winter in Algeria? In the lands of the Tornado IDS, it's been +18°C already, so I'd say it's over already. Spring is in the claw of the cat rdlaugh.png

Yep Tornado GR1 or 4 for me, I know we wont ever see one but a man can dream.

Just don't stop believing. Every "next module?" thread in the HB section is a Tornado thread BTW salute.png

Bottom line: This just is another Tornado thread now rdlaugh.png

Hoping for an announcement by the weekend. Should be in the friday news. And I'd very much appreciate a release in a week nevertheless. Want to spend my days off in style dealwithit.png

If we won't be that lucky, my bet would be on the 13th then rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg