DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they not put it in the next update if it's going to the Beta build anyway?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

They've said they will announce the release date with plenty of time before so people can take advantage of the pre-sale discount. And a release date for the release date is a few days away... So that would be less than a week between announcement and release if it was next Wednesday. Every time you guys invent a new release date you set yourself up for disappointment and start sharpening your pitchforks. It'll get here when it gets here.

They've said they will announce the release date with plenty of time before so people can take advantage of the pre-sale discount. And a release date for the release date is a few days away... So that would be less than a week between announcement and release if it was next Wednesday. Every time you guys invent a new release date you set yourself up for disappointment and start sharpening your pitchforks. It'll get here when it gets here.

And all I’m saying is that wags has already in a way given a release date when he said end of the month earlier in February . I mean yea I want to fly it as much as the next guy but I’m not going to go sharpen a pitchfork just cause it doesn’t drop that day. If ED had taken even half as long with the hornet as Heatblur is with the Tomcat the hornet wouldn’t be in the bad shape it’s in right now. Now I’ll admit it has gotten better since it’s release but it still doesn’t have a fully functional IFF system which is one of it core functions fully functional which it should have had before it was even really for open beta.

I think Heatblur is doing a great job and wish ED would learn and follow there lead. ED is already saying that the F-16 won’t have a fully functional IFF until it’s almost out of open beta. So take it as you will

if you read the statement, "pending ed approval" that happened with razbam and the mig 19 and its been 3 weeks since it was to be released, so dont hold your breath, as it still could be a late march release as was stated from the start, end of winter.

I dont think that we will run into this with the Tomcat as well...The represented media alone that HB offered us so far is on Top of some of the ED Modules...It´ll fit the Quality Standarts more than 100%...thats for sure.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I respectfully disagree that the Hornet is in a bad shape right now. The features promised as at early release were there and Ed said other features would come in with time.

On a forthnightly bases, the Hornet is getting better and mature as promised.

This was the agreement I signed into when I pre-ordered the Hornet and no bridge of contract on my side.

Same route the Tomcat is taking in development, just that more features is coming with the Tomcat in early access.

Just my perspective.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I HAVE A DREAM

I have a dream...

I have the dream that ED could communicate as well as the people and boss of Heatblur Simulations!

It is gratifying for us to see how Heatblur communicate so effectively with the simers community. Feel that it is worrying to keep everyone informed of the progress of the module (F-14), to have regular updates and to release most likely a module within the announced deadlines.

For info I am a real rotor head, my passion goes to the rotary wings but I didn't take long to order the F-14. The achievement is simply beautiful and I find that it's the best that I can do to thank and to motivate the Heatblur team.

Thanks to you for the work already produced. To have understood that keeping the simers informed of the evolution of a product is an intelligent but also commercial approach that generates a simple "Win Win" effect.

What is sometimes really missing with ED.

Thx a lot guys and long life to the Sweden magic team !

A Belgian fan !

Edited by Razorback

I have a dream...

I have the dream that ED could communicate as well as the people and boss of Heatblur Simulations!

It is gratifying for us to see how Heatblur communicate so effectively with the simers community. Feel that it is worrying to keep everyone informed of the progress of the module (F-14), to have regular updates and to release most likely a module within the announced deadlines.

For info I am a real rotor head, my passion goes to the rotary wings but I didn't take long to order the F-14. The achievement is simply beautiful and I find that it's the best that I can do to thank and to motivate the Heatblur team.

Thanks to you for the work already produced. To have understood that keeping the simers informed of the evolution of a product is an intelligent but also commercial approach that generates a simple "Win Win" effect.

What is sometimes really missing with ED.

Thx a lot guys and long life to the Sweden magic team !

A Belgian fan !

To be fair to ED, the communication from Wags regarding the Hornet has been very good lately. Mini updates at least every week...

To be fair to ED, the communication from Wags regarding the Hornet has been very good lately. Mini updates at least every week...

FWIW, it was almost a year from pre-purchase date until we could launch an A-G missile in the F-18.... that's pretty slow. They lost a big chunk of time when a lead developer passed away, and much of the hornet development has been systems that will be used by multiple aircraft. I expect the F-16 EA period to see much more rapid updates because the back-bone was created during the f-18 development.

But this is an F-14 thread... I'm super hyped, and think being a RIO may actually be more fun than pilot. :joystick:

[...]

[...]

:thumbup:

I don't want to go outside of this topic (F-14 Status Update) but I wrote : "what is "SOMETIMES" really missing with ED".

If you want some examples :

- Mi-24, AH-1, BO-105 ( yes all rotary wings).

- F4 announced and then abandoned

- New priorities like the YAK-52 and the F-16 who have totally surprised the community.

All is subject to change and that's another debate ;)

Edited by Razorback

Well if it’s not the 27th the next open best patch is March the 16 but I’m hoping for next week myself been waiting on a good Tomcat since the days of top gun on the NES and Jane’s USNF

March 13th:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Sorry was anything actually announced in this update or is this another update saying they’ll announce stuff in a future update?

I expect the F-16 EA period to see much more rapid updates because the back-bone was created during the f-18 development.

Wags is already walking back the “EA in 2019” YouTube statements. It’s gonna be awhile.

Sorry was anything actually announced in this update or is this another update saying they’ll announce stuff in a future update?

Wags is already walking back the “EA in 2019” YouTube statements. It’s gonna be awhile.

its an update about the upcoming announcement of the release date.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog