DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry was anything actually announced in this update or is this another update saying they’ll announce stuff in a future update?

Wags is already walking back the “EA in 2019” YouTube statements. It’s gonna be awhile.

This should be unsurprising for anyone who has been around DCS for a while.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

- F4 announced and then abandoned

-

I think the F-4 was just put on the back burner - not abandoned, its just the F-16 is taking precedence at the moment and the F-4 is due to be continued after that (at the moment anyway).

Either way, it could be well over a year before the F-4 comes close to being available.

Wish it was sooner, but hey-ho.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

You guy's better update your wills and write a nice letter to your girlfriend's and/or wives (boyfriends if you are a USAF F15 pilot, not that there is anything wrong with that...). ;)

:megalol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

You do not feel in this announcement a rather commercial gesture for the pre-order.

the F14 will be released March 21 final date and I think he know from the beginning it's my opinion.

Release date March 21st

As far as i understood, it will be released 21th no matter what.

However, they have all features complete and are testing and bug squishing now.

Basically, an earlier release is now determent by

a) how big and complex upcoming bugs are and how much time they need to be fixed and

b) how fast ED can implement the module into the beta build.

Edit: and c) if ED can and want to divert from their beta update schedule

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

FWIW, it was almost a year from pre-purchase date until we could launch an A-G missile in the F-18.... that's pretty slow.

They haven't fixed the utmost basic weapon - the gun - yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223194

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211966

The latter issue will hit the 'cat as well. And it has been in there for as long as the F-15C is flyable, which is more than 15 years already. Nothing ever will beat that in "takes them long to fix". I could do that in ~20 seconds, including hitting the wrong folder and having to go back while trying to get to the proper file, and I'm not fast at all navigating through files and code... well, priorities rainbowdashwink.png

You guy's better update your wills and write a nice letter to your girlfriend's and/or wives

This is one of the few instances I'm glad not having that "issue" at the moment... rdlaugh.png

(boyfriends if you are a USAF F15 pilot, not that there is anything wrong with that...). wink.gif

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Congratulations boys and girls!!

I like many am looking very forward to taking this bird flying.

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

I just watched the hype train pull out of the station. There were people clinging to the sides and on the roof, all cheering when the guard blew his whistle.

It set off with a bit of a lurch and several people fell off the roof and onto the tracks. They are chasing after the train as I watch, waving their arms and shouting up a storm.

In the meantime, several fights have already broken out in the lounge car.

Having had my toes trodden on a few times by the expectant, milling crowd, I decided to wait for the next train..... It took my batman quite awhile to get the polished sheen on my flying boots up to a reasonable standard and I don't want someone spilling tea on them.

I also heard that Murphy and his team of lawyers were looking at the track ahead, armed with clipboards and taking copious notes.

Seriously, people are taking off the cuff comments by a few different people and from several threads and extrapolating these into release times from a day or so, into a couple of weeks.

Once again, the only thing anyone knows for sure is end of winter. Many on here are setting themselves up for a possible disappointment. I hope it is sooner, but I am not taking my hat off just yet.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I just watched the hype train pull out of the station. There were people clinging to the sides and on the roof, all cheering when the guard blew his whistle.

It set off with a bit of a lurch and several people fell off the roof and onto the tracks. They are chasing after the train as I watch, waving their arms and shouting up a storm.

In the meantime, several fights have already broken out in the lounge car.

Having had my toes trodden on a few times by the expectant, milling crowd, I decided to wait for the next train..... It took my batman quite awhile to get the polished sheen on my flying boots up to a reasonable standard and I don't want someone spilling tea on them.

I also heard that Murphy and his team of lawyers were looking at the track ahead, armed with clipboards and taking copious notes.

Seriously, people are taking off the cuff comments by a few different people and from several threads and extrapolating these into release times from a day or so, into a couple of weeks.

Once again, the only thing anyone knows for sure is end of winter. Many on here are setting themselves up for a possible disappointment. I hope it is sooner, but I am not taking my hat off just yet.

"Winters is here..." ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)