RIO seat...first moving pictures :-)

Elefant1301

It is always easy to criticize when you are confortably waiting for more contents but I am a bit surprised by what I heard when somebody asked for more RIO stuff during this stream : the steamer (Jabbers) simply justified this lack of content by the fact he had not yet practiced and mastered the RIO seat.

Ok, this station must be quite complicate to handle, the AN/AWG-9 looks like a difficult and unintuitive radar system but why not still trying to show us more ? This privilege of getting an early access to a product implies a pretty big personal investment, it is of course time consuming. It is not only having this incredible luck to “play” before the official release.

I must admit I am pretty disappointed by what I saw from the lucky ones for the moment. I know they are not professional and gave us of their time but I would have expected a little bit more.

It is always easy to criticize when you are confortably waiting for more contents but I am a bit surprised by what I heard when somebody asked for more RIO stuff during this stream : the steamer (Jabbers) simply justified this lack of content by the fact he had not yet practiced and mastered the RIO seat.

Ok, this station must be quite complicate to handle, the AN/AWG-9 looks like a difficult and unintuitive radar system but why not still trying to show us more ? This privilege of getting an early access to a product implies a pretty big personal investment, it is of course time consuming. It is not only having this incredible luck to “play” before the official release.

I must admit I am pretty disappointed by what I saw from the lucky ones for the moment. I know they are not professional and gave us of their time but I would have expected a little bit more.

he also said that he can only show a few seconds of the RIO. So maybe they just can't show more bc HS.

I think there’s an unofficial gentleman’s agreement that Heatblur themselves will be the first to show off the RIO pit.

In principle though I agree that the privilege of access hasn’t exactly been met with a torrent of useful videos for the cummunity. If you remember Bunyaps video series for the Viggen two years ago...a very informative exploration and experimentation of all its systems and quirks.

I think there’s an unofficial gentleman’s agreement that Heatblur themselves will be the first to show off the RIO pit.

Unless you have something to substantiate that thought rather than it just being a WAG, the community really doesn't benefit from such contrived/off-the-cuff speculation.

Unless you have something to substantiate that thought rather than it just being a WAG, the community really doesn't benefit from such contrived/off-the-cuff speculation.

He said as much in the stream.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Not sure what’s contrived or controversial about that mate, Jabbers said so himself in the steam.

I have to put things right and apology to the streamer : as a previous poster wrote, it is not just his lack of practice of the RIO pit that restrained him to show us more but a demand from HB themselves.

Ok...now let’s wait for the HB official presentation of the RIO seat.

And the announcement of the official release date...

...and the EA release itself.

I would not count on anything sooner than the end of the “winter range”. :D

We were told to wait...

We were told to manage our expectations...

Believe me, I'm dying just as much as you are to get my claws on this bird and do carrier takeoff contests as no man has ever done before. But patience is virtue, and in a time like this, we have to hold ourselves back until the latest of March 21st. :) Only then can we raise our pitchforks in protest.

I did say during the stream Cobra asked me not to mess around with the RIO pit because he wanted to show it to everyone in a more formal way... which I respect. A stream of me flicking switches trying to figure out what everything does is not the most intreging way to be introduced to the RIO pit.

I myself havent had time (as I stated) to learn it, not so much because of its complexity (though it is rather complex) but because I had been working on the Cockpit Tour and Cold Start videos for HB for the past week or so. Now that those are done, I plan on diving in and seeing what it is all about.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord