will this college program have me making movies like glowing amraam!!

• ED Team

Anyone can make movies like i do. It's just about using your imagination and be a little creative, that's all. :)

Besides, i started in early 2003 with Movie maker 2.0. Self-learned all the way, with a couple of helpful people giving me tips along the way! :D

In a word, no.

I'm doing elec. engineering at my university and I'm working as a graphics designer at a huge company (I won't tell you but it's got something to do with a cellphone *hint* *hint*). They're paying me way much more than any pre-grad electrical job I would've gotten (plus most 2nd year jobs are like paper pushers or database entry)

Did my university teach me anything for a graphics designer? hell no.

It's something that I love to do, and I'm good at. Going to school never taught me anything. Everything is self learnt in the end, if you think about it.

If you really love it, you should be learning it before anyone needs to push you in that direction.

I don't need to pay a 5000 dollar tuition fee to learn something that I already know.

In a word, no.

I'm doing elec. engineering at my university and I'm working as a graphics designer at a huge company (I won't tell you but it's got something to do with a cellphone *hint* *hint*). They're paying me way much more than any pre-grad electrical job I would've gotten (plus most 2nd year jobs are like paper pushers or database entry)

Did my university teach me anything for a graphics designer? hell no.

It's something that I love to do, and I'm good at. Going to school never taught me anything. Everything is self learnt in the end, if you think about it.

If you really love it, you should be learning it before anyone needs to push you in that direction.

I don't need to pay a 5000 dollar tuition fee to learn something that I already know.

I know what you mean, i've got similar situation. School didnt teach me anything + proper graphic design at advertising is almost impossible in my case. I work in small ad agency which makes advs for local companies and I need to listen their bosses in almost every area. So I make project that Im not happy with it, i dont like it, it's ugly and there are many brakes of designing rules. But the pays are good for Poland.