DCS crash when hitting FLY button

Pochi

Hi,

I am unable to fly a mission using AJS37 since last update.

The game just crash when I hit the FLY button on briefing screen. Trackir was working fine because I could see the view moving in the background. As soon as I hit FLY, the game freeze. I have no way to exit the game properly, for some reason, I can not access task manager window to kill the game process. I need to shut down the PC.

This bug really pisses me off because I have little time and here it goes in trouble shooting bugs instead of flying :mad:

Well, I hope someone may help me on this one, or the F14 dream will not come true:thumbup:

I already tried the repair option, as well as deleting the shaders folders with no luck. I still have to try flying another mission. I was trying the BK90 MJ2 mission from this package : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302241/

Here is attached the last log :

Best regards,

Pierre

DCS log.txt

Edited by Pochi

Thanks for your advice.

I tried renaming the Saved game folder to start new and I managed to launch the mission past the FLY button. But just when I switched to external view, DCS froze again. Since then, it freezes again as soon as I click the FLY button.

Will try to post the last lines of log on Heatblur sub-forum because it seems to be directly related to the Viggen...

Thanks anyway,

Pierre

Ok, seems it was the “synchronize HOTAS commands” option that was crashing the game. Just when the crash occurred I heared some switches being switched, that was the hint ^^

I am relieved !

Hope it will help others to know that.

Pierre

good find !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have altitude hold and attitude hold assigned to a HOTAS switch (LASTE: ATH--ALT/HDG--ALT on the warthog throttle), I have found that when I enable "synchronize cockpit controls with HOTAS" if that switch is left in altitude (UP: PATH) or attitude hold (DOWN:ALT) it freezes DCS when starting with a hot start.