[WOULD NOT BE ACCURATE] MFD page scrolling...non-existant or coming soon?

Rainmaker

With more and more MFD pages becoming functional, it begs the question of whether or not the real aircraft has any sort of page scrolling feature, like the F-15/F-16through switch functions like the castle switch and DMS respectively. Seems like if there isn’t, they really missed the boat on the HOTAS integration. Pretty common feature amongst many MDSs out there. I realize that this is still a work in progress so wondering if it’s something that’s potentially coming down the road if it’s part of the HOTAS functions in the real jet.

You can only use the tdc like a mouse to hover over a label and “click” it with the tdc depress

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You can only use the tdc like a mouse to hover over a label and “click” it with the tdc depress

I think you are missing my question. I’m referring to MFD page scrolling, that is using the HOTAS controls to cycle different pages on the displays. It’s not related to the TDC.

I think you are missing my question. I’m referring to MFD page scrolling, that is using the HOTAS controls to cycle different pages on the displays. It’s not related to the TDC.

This aircraft Hotas doesn't work the way like the A-10c does. it's simply because it uses different throttles and stick. the answer is no, you cannot cycle the pages.

This aircraft Hotas doesn't work the way like the A-10c does. it's simply because it uses different throttles and stick. the answer is no, you cannot cycle the pages.

Are you stating that based on personal knowledge/experience with the real aircraft or are you just guessing based on what’s currently implemented in the sim? Honest question.

This is incorrect. There is a limited amount of page scrolling available but it depends on the specific pages. For example, I believe you can cycle between the HSI / SA page / Slew function with successive presses of the castle switch towards the ddi displaying these pages.

There are most problably other functions similar to this, the problem is the basic NATOPs doesn’t mention many.

In either case, none appear to be implemented yet.

This is incorrect. There is a limited amount of page scrolling available but it depends on the specific pages. For example, I believe you can cycle between the HSI / SA page / Slew function with successive presses of the castle switch towards the ddi displaying these pages.

There are most problably other functions similar to this, the problem is the basic NATOPs doesn’t mention many.

In either case, none appear to be implemented yet.

This is what I would be hoping for. Perhaps programmed/integrated with the MUMI implementation? If in fact it is real fuctionality of course...

Thanks Wags!

Suprising that would make you fumble through display pushbuttons to cycle screens but it is what it is. The AF was smart on that one, the Navy was silly.

I was hoping the Hornet had this, as that is the purpose of the HOTAS. Oh well, makes the upcoming Viper even more superior.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I'm pretty the Super Hornet has the ability to call up specific pages with certain switch presses based on things like current master mode or what page you already have up on the DDI. Is this something that exists in the legacy Hornet or does this fall under what you guys are already talking about?

Yup, that’s what we were asking about. Pretty common feature in the AF, and possibly the later varient of the hornet, but from what Wags said, not a thing in the legacy hornet. Makes the decision of which 3 displays you want up at any given time a little more important.

Yup, that’s what we were asking about. Pretty common feature in the AF, and possibly the later varient of the hornet, but from what Wags said, not a thing in the legacy hornet. Makes the decision of which 3 displays you want up at any given time a little more important.

Thank you! :P

• 1 month later...

This is an old thread, but just thought of it while reading the Hornet manual.

Such a capability does not exisit in the legacy Hornet.
From the DCS F/A-18 early access manual -- "If in NAV mode, [sensor control switch aft] toggles the

AMPCD between the HSI, SLEW, and SA pages in that order." Just to clarify, this is still accurate to our Hornet and will be implemented, right?

This is an old thread, but just thought of it while reading the Hornet manual.

From the DCS F/A-18 early access manual -- "If in NAV mode, [sensor control switch aft] toggles the

AMPCD between the HSI, SLEW, and SA pages in that order." Just to clarify, this is still accurate to our Hornet and will be implemented, right?

Wait a minute, this is from the DCS early access manual and still Wags says it is not gonna be implemented? Why?