Blackshark Question????

Ive seen the movies of Blackshark and ive seen that tanks will have machine gunners and the hummers and others with machine guns or 50. cals. My question is when flying the SU25T in Blackshark if we were to do low passing to emeny tanks will the 50. cals shoot at us and able to damage the Frog? Or is this only when flying the Blackshark?:joystick:

Ive seen the movies of Blackshark and ive seen that tanks will have machine gunners and the hummers and others with machine guns or 50. cals. My question is when flying the SU25T in Blackshark if we were to do low passing to emeny tanks will the 50. cals shoot at us and able to damage the Frog? Or is this only when flying the Blackshark?:joystick:

As GG said "wait for announcement" 'cuz you don't even know if you'll be able to fly Su-25T in BS.

• Like 1

Don't ask! WAIT FOR ANNOUNCEMENT. I know nothing. Evryone know nothing. Big mess is here lately. If it will be stand-alone... well. Don't ask.

There's no mess in here, I guess some peeps just got tired of being pushed around and asked the same questions everytime, eventhough I think they over reacted just a wee bit. Not that I'm in any way questioning the mods..:music_whistling:

Anyway, back to topic, perhaps this BIG announcement is a very positive one, anybody ever thought of that? Why would it be a negative one? My guess is ED will surprise us in a good way, not a bad way.

• Like 1

:D

I hope so because when im making missions and I do a ground attack on a convoy of tanks I always put SAM and AAA with them, but after taking them out its pretty easy to kill the tanks. But with the 50. cal shooting you still have to be careful

IRL chances to hit a jet from a tank-mounted MG are very slim.

So it shouldn't matter with the Ka-50, same missile, same backward looking seeker. As long as you pint the laser grid at where you think the target is, the missile will fly all the way to target, without being jammed. Only thing that can stop the Vikhr is an active protection system, like the Drozd. But having those in BS would be too much good news at once. I don't see them making a system only the T-80 would use.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

So it shouldn't matter with the Ka-50, same missile, same backward looking seeker. As long as you pint the laser grid at where you think the target is, the missile will fly all the way to target, without being jammed. Only thing that can stop the Vikhr is an active protection system, like the Drozd. But having those in BS would be too much good news at once. I don't see them making a system only the T-80 would use.

Of course, if you can't see the target, you can't hit it (hence the benefit of firing smoke -even against the Vikhr).

One question: I never understood why people would want this to be stand alone? Wouldn't better terrain, collidable trees, improved ai and warhead modeling benefit everyone?

Of course, if you can't see the target, you can't hit it (hence the benefit of firing smoke -even against the Vikhr).

One question: I never understood why people would want this to be stand alone? Wouldn't better terrain, collidable trees, improved ai and warhead modeling benefit everyone?

Absolutely, Smoke is about the best decoy possible for Armour, not many seekers can penetrate a dense cloud of it it rendering your Vihkr, AGM-65's, Kh-29's, etc... useless whilst the cloud is dense enough.

Your AGM-114M with a MMW seeker on the other hand is another matter :thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IRL chances to hit a jet from a tank-mounted MG are very slim.

When you say Jet

Do you mean 'fast jets' or something like an A-10? A F-16 coming in at 250m/s is going to be pretty hard to hit compared to a warthog struggling to break 90m/s.

(even more ot)

Whilst we all love the A-10, I have serious doubts as to its survivability on the northern European battlefield. Flying low and slow on the modern battlefield, regardless of the level of amour & redundancy is a fools gambit. The US should have gone with the YF-9...the Russian's did :D

Whilst we all love the A-10, I have serious doubts as to its survivability on the northern European battlefield. Flying low and slow on the modern battlefield, regardless of the level of amour & redundancy is a fools gambit. The US should have gone with the YF-9...the Russian's did :D

:megalol:

Another A-10 doubter. You're talking about THE best CAS aircraft that ever flew. Did you ever consider that for its role, flying at a lower airspeed is actually a benefit? Would an F-16 loiter, identify friend from foe on a hot battlefield and then anihilate the bad guys? The survivablility of the Hog in close support is unparalleled.

Goya don't sweat it this is probably coming from some one that has not read up on it and what the A-10 did during the first Gulf war let alone the second.

or what and why it was designed the way it is or the upgrades it is getting for it to provide CAS for the next 20 years.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

:megalol:

Another A-10 doubter. You're talking about THE best CAS aircraft that ever flew. Did you ever consider that for its role, flying at a lower airspeed is actually a benefit? Would an F-16 loiter, identify friend from foe on a hot battlefield and then anihilate the bad guys? The survivablility of the Hog in close support is unparalleled.

And in which high threat environment has the A-10 operated? Hadji's throwing stones and using bad language does not constitute a high threat AO.

Id agree the A-10 is a good system in COIN environments e.g. Its a glorified Bronco.

High intensity warfare is however, a COMPLETELY different ball game.

Its a great plane, but operating with all those 'double-digit' SAMs around, in often bad vis and the biggest air battle ever raging overhead ... I think it's life would be very short. 1970s possibly, 1980s it would have been just too hot over Europe.

Its a great plane, but operating with all those 'double-digit' SAMs around, in often bad vis and the biggest air battle ever raging overhead ... I think it's life would be very short. 1970s possibly, 1980s it would have been just too hot over Europe.

And point me to an airframe that would have survived in that environment...?

If it came down to it, we'd all be kissing our butt's goodbye. Back in the day, I served with a Battlefield helicopter squadron, and they always told us that the book says our life expectancy in a full on WWIII environment was aproximately 27 minutes... so why bother...! :huh:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]