Future suggestion

GTFreeFlyer

I love playing your campaigns and love the hours of entertainment it brings. I have one suggestion for your future campaigns since whatever they may be, I'll probably buy them.

Try to mix up the lengths of the missions throughout the campaign, sort of like how a golf course mixes up Par 3's, 4's, and 5's. I've noticed that each time I play TEW 2.2 or 3.0, it's a minimum 2 hours I can expect to play a mission. Like I said, it's all very enjoyable, but it sure would be nice to play some missions that are less than 1 hour long, like takeoff, hit the known assigned target, and RTB. I'm only saying this because when I don't have 2 hours to play, I end up playing boring instant action missions, or perhaps I fire up a different game altogether. I'd much rather be playing your campaign :)

I would get equal enjoyment from a mission whether I take out one target or ten. For me, the satisfaction comes after landing knowing the mission was a success. There's little satisfaction for me during the missions, regardless of the amount of targets, because my adrenaline is up and I'm focused and very busy on the mission and situational awareness, especially with the 2000+ voiceovers which is incredible! Once I land with a successful mission, the satisfaction kicks in.

Disclaimer: I haven't quite finished TEW yet, but I'm seeing the trend and only assuming the remainder missions are also 2 hours each.

Thanks a bunch.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I'd agree with this suggestion. I'd also love to see more campaign missions that don't involve a 70NM ingress/egress to get from your home airbase to the AO. I realize that this might be more realistic, but I internally groan every time I pull up a mission briefing (not just in your campaigns) and see a long cruise segment. I almost always set it on autopilot and crank up the time compression, or even put on autopilot and go do something else for 5 minutes.

Once in awhile long flights are fine, but it's nice to get up in the air and right into the action.

On a side note, I finished TEW 3.0 last night and the entire thing is just phenomenal. I've been flight simming since the days of Microprose, and this might have been one of the best single player sim experiences I've ever had. Really well done, thanks. I'm looking forward to all your future projects.

I'd agree with this suggestion. I'd also love to see more campaign missions that don't involve a 70NM ingress/egress to get from your home airbase to the AO. I realize that this might be more realistic, but I internally groan every time I pull up a mission briefing (not just in your campaigns) and see a long cruise segment. I almost always set it on autopilot and crank up the time compression, or even put on autopilot and go do something else for 5 minutes.

Once in awhile long flights are fine, but it's nice to get up in the air and right into the action.

On a side note, I finished TEW 3.0 last night and the entire thing is just phenomenal. I've been flight simming since the days of Microprose, and this might have been one of the best single player sim experiences I've ever had. Really well done, thanks. I'm looking forward to all your future projects.

Thank you very much for your kind words, appreciate it a lot! I have quite a lot of things on my plate so interesting times ahead for MiG-19, Harrier and Hornet :)

As for the distances traveled - I usually try to keep the logic of the situation / engagement / theatre and that is the main reason of having this homebase or the other. Of course things will change depending whether you fly a Harrier out of a FARP or an A-10C, but I will try to keep that in mind.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

What ever changes you do, please never do airstarts. The exception being the opening mission, that is fine as we don't have a world in DCS World.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

What ever changes you do, please never do airstarts. The exception being the opening mission, that is fine as we don't have a world in DCS World.

I agree. I actually enjoy the whole start-up procedure. It gets me in the mood and mindset. Exception would be a scramble where ground crew has the plane running and ready for you.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

No worries. I find no justification for an air start mission apart from two:

A) first mission as you mentioned

B) splitting the mission in two (as a kind of save game option, going to use it in Iron Flag campaign where avarage sortie may last over 2h. So when you get to a certain checkpoint you can use F10 menu to branch the campaign- if you don’t finish the mission when you come back you will start in air at that checkpoint)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I like realistic ingress/egress distances. For the less patient or if one has to replay a mission there is always time acceleration.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Shorter missions are fine, not every mission needs long loiter time. One pass, haul ass. Having a mix is ideal.

I would argue about shortening the ingress though. You've done a great job with providing interesting dialogue and other tricks to keep us players interested before fence in. The Mirage Red Flag was great in this regard. I would like to see a bit more for the return flight as well, maybe that's harder because it's impossible to know if the AI will survive or not?