Can we get a little appreciation?

atcdrew

As toxic as some of these threads/comments have been the last few weeks, I thought it time for a thread with a different tone.

I’ve tried my best to stay away from the forums and only recently made my Tomcat preorder (Keeps me unemotionally invested if I haven’t spent any money on a product). However it looks like the realease is imminent so I pulled the trigger.

Now to the point of this post. I was hoping we could all just show a little appreciation to all the developers that have spent so much time making these modules so great. The Tomcat literally shaped my career path. I grew up watching TopGun. I regrettably never joined the military so I never got my chance to fly anything like the Tomcat. However I never got rid of the aviation bug. I’ve now been a private pilot for 19 years and an Air Traffic Controller for the past 11 years. This airplane literally shaped my future. So here it is, thank you Heatblur and any and all developers that worked on, tested, or approved of this module. The fact that I get a chance to (simulate) the airplane that changed my life, is just so amazing.

Let’s keep this one POSITIVE. Share a story or two of what this release means to you and send a thank you to the team. I think they more than deserve it. Keep the negative stuff in page 198 of the release discussion thread please. :)

Thanks everyone!

ATCDREW

This is what brought me to flying, no kidding dealwithit.png

I mean, she's literally going to the Danger Zone...

209225__safe_animated_g1_g1+to+g4_firefly_sprite_desktop+ponies_artist-colon-botchan-dash-mlp_aerobatics_double+inside+out+loop.gif

Started out on the Amiga with F/A-18 Interceptor and all the other good sim games back then. My first contact with the F-14 was in Birds of Prey, later on the PC in Jane's USNF (+ the rest of the series) and after that Strike Fighters 2 NA. Didn't have the hi fidelity F-14 Fleet Defender back then... when HB announced the F-14 in 2015, I was just like "yeah, another fighter, I'll get it when it's there, but I wont hype myself up" as I'm mostly a ground pounder. Now that HB is giving her lots of A/G possibilities as the Bombcat, my interest grew and after all it's just an awesome plane I wand to ride. BTW watching Top Gun as a kid didn't give me any special interest in the Tomcat, I rather was the Phantom II guy, always loved it's special shape (dat tail section though)... but now I can't wait for it as I feel the need... dealwithit.png

... the need for speed salute.png

Especially since HB always knows how to raise the bar... and their Jester AI practically is a world premiere in having an artificial second guy in the back 'pit who's actually capable of doing something, even improving my SA in the Danger Zone, plus the chance to have a real one there instead. That's what I'm also looking forward to as I tend to have difficulties spotting other aircraft and keeping track of them... I just appreciate their contribution to DCS and virtual flying in general, makes the whole thing so much better ajmug.png

With real flying being totally out of reach for me, this is probably the closest I can get fsgrin.png

And after the Tomcat, HB will make another (Tornado rainbowdashwink.png) module that's even better technically for sure twilightsmile.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

209225__safe_animated_g1_g1+to+g4_firefly_sprite_desktop+ponies_artist-colon-botchan-dash-mlp_aerobatics_double+inside+out+loop.gif

ection though)... but now I can't wait for it as I feel the need... dealwithit.png

... the need for sp much better ajmug.png

With real flying being totally out of reach for me, this is probably the closest I can get fsgrin.png

And after the Tomcat, HB will make another (Tornado rainbowdashwink.png) module that's even better technically for sure twilightsmile.png

Why are you using... all these mylittleponey emote ? I mean it's getting strange.. Are you ok?

If MLP is their thing so be it. Why does it matter to you? You are in no position to judge.

Back on topic.

The 14 has been a childhood dream to fly for me since the age of 5. Unfortunately I was born in the wrong time period. Even if I hadn't had limiting factors that prevented me from flying for the military, I still wouldn't have been able to as the 14 was retired before I could have finished college.

HB are now giving me the possibility to realize that dream. So, Yes. Thank you HB for putting the time into what will hopefully be the penultimate simulation of this magnificent beast.

If MLP is their thing so be it. Why does it matter to you? You are in no position to judge.

Back on topic.

The 14 has been a childhood dream to fly for me since the age of 5. Unfortunately I was born in the wrong time period. Even if I hadn't had limiting factors that prevented me from flying for the military, I still wouldn't have been able to as the 14 was retired before I could have finished college.

HB are now giving me the possibility to realize that dream. So, Yes. Thank you HB for putting the time into what will hopefully be the penultimate simulation of this magnificent beast.

If i think it is strange who does it matter to you? :music_whistling:

This is what brought me to flying, no kidding dealwithit.png

Started out on the Amiga with F/A-18 Interceptor and all the other good sim games back then. My first contact with the F-14 was in Birds of Prey, later on the PC in Jane's USNF (+ the rest of the series) and after that Strike Fighters 2 NA. Didn't have the hi fidelity F-14 Fleet Defender back then... when HB announced the F-14 in 2015, I was just like "yeah, another fighter, I'll get it when it's there, but I wont hype myself up" as I'm mostly a ground pounder. Now that HB is giving her lots of A/G possibilities as the Bombcat, my interest grew and after all it's just an awesome plane I wand to ride. BTW watching Top Gun as a kid didn't give me any special interest in the Tomcat, I rather was the Phantom II guy, always loved it's special shape (dat tail section though)... but now I can't wait for it as I feel the need... dealwithit.png

... the need for speed salute.png

Especially since HB always knows how to raise the bar... and their Jester AI practically is a world premiere in having an artificial second guy in the back 'pit who's actually capable of doing something, even improving my SA in the Danger Zone, plus the chance to have a real one there instead. That's what I'm also looking forward to as I tend to have difficulties spotting other aircraft and keeping track of them... I just appreciate their contribution to DCS and virtual flying in general, makes the whole thing so much better ajmug.png

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Back on topic.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Thanks!

As toxic as some of these threads/comments have been the last few weeks, I thought it time for a thread with a different tone.

I’ve tried my best to stay away from the forums and only recently made my Tomcat preorder (Keeps me unemotionally invested if I haven’t spent any money on a product). However it looks like the realease is imminent so I pulled the trigger.

Now to the point of this post. I was hoping we could all just show a little appreciation to all the developers that have spent so much time making these modules so great. The Tomcat literally shaped my career path. I grew up watching TopGun. I regrettably never joined the military so I never got my chance to fly anything like the Tomcat. However I never got rid of the aviation bug. I’ve now been a private pilot for 19 years and an Air Traffic Controller for the past 11 years. This airplane literally shaped my future. So here it is, thank you Heatblur and any and all developers that worked on, tested, or approved of this module. The fact that I get a chance to (simulate) the airplane that changed my life, is just so amazing.

Let’s keep this one POSITIVE. Share a story or two of what this release means to you and send a thank you to the team. I think they more than deserve it. Keep the negative stuff in page 198 of the release discussion thread please. :)

Thanks everyone!

ATCDREW

Don't feel alone, it shaped mine too...

Viewpoints are my own.

A thread that is being provided as relief for all the toxicity on the forums gets a 1 star? Alrighty then. :huh:

Back on topic, I feel very much the same about how everything has gone lately. I came into the DCS franchise around mid-2011 when I noticed on Steam a peculiarly ugly plane and wanted to see if the game was good. This game turned out to be the DCS A-10C separate, and I wouldn't touch it until again years later to get into the biggest ride of my life in terms of hobbies. I can safely say now that as of this date, I am now what I consider as a full on flight fanatic, being very well attached to what this game has to offer. I wouldn't say that it is a sense of pride, but that I care a lot in retrospect of what is going on and what will happen in the future.

Looking back into the past, I still can't believe that I could convince my scrawny, obnoxious 12-year-old self to keep waiting for an iconic aircraft like this one. Soon, I will be turning 17, which will mark those 5 years of patiently waiting, lying to myself, and some dreams of actually flying the module. I am very excited for the release, and wouldn't expect anything less out of HB for all of the hard work that they have done. :D

Thanks and good idea.

If everything goes normal it is less then 22 days away, if not bummer, we will have to wait a little longer.

But in the end this module will only getting better over time!

Keep up the good work HB and in the end ED to!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

At the end of the day, none of this has to exist. My hat goes off to those who have put in the work to make sure it does!

BIG +1 on that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).