Cryptocurrency

CAmastersgt

Hey, I'm for untraceable and I'm not a criminal (at least I don't think I am:unsure:)

Crap it took me a while to get used to credit cards... Tax collectors are criminals too:P

On a side note: I've heard of some clever virus codes that do mining on your rig without you even knowing:huh:

Cryptocurrency can be used for that although it is not hacking, they use BONJOUR in Windows to interfere with peoples computers. They use Kaligula to access an interface, pay bitcoin and favour in order to enter a victims computer and commit crime. If you are planning on using a virus on me then you may find that worse is coming your way in the form of prison. We'll get you eventually.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Can't say as I care if anybody likes me, or what they think of me.

Also, English is his first language, he's New Zealander. Well, I dunno, he also claims to be an Arkangel from Ceti Alpha Six or something, so who knows? Maybe they speak Welsh in Kiwi heaven?

I'll have you know that I am known in Wales as BASTARD, but even in Wales I only speak English.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

.... ''execter''...

I tried to run that though a translator and checked various dicts. Only result was that the word probably meant was "exeter" which translates exactly to "exeter" in my language, which didn't help me understand it at all as the only meaning of it I could find was a town in England named Exeter.

Maybe you could spread yor wisdom here?

BTW:

Are you aware that Crypto-currency is for criminals, it is used for illegal activities [...]

You're completely wrong! CC's main use is to skyrocket the price tag of graphics cards as we all know well enough icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Cryptocurrency can be used for that although it is not hacking, they use BONJOUR in Windows to interfere with peoples computers. They use Kaligula to access an interface, pay bitcoin and favour in order to enter a victims computer and commit crime. If you are planning on using a virus on me then you may find that worse is coming your way in the form of prison. We'll get you eventually.:thumbup:

I stay away from all this bs... and who's we? :detective::glare:

The voices in his head telling him to write on those greaseboards.

@Eldur

Maybe it's Angelic for crikey or something? But... then his sentence doesn't make sense. He knows a crikey?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The Police and Law Enforcement Agencies, John you are an Offender and on the to do list, you touch that currency and you'll wind up in Prison.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The voices in his head telling him to write on those greaseboards.

@Eldur

Maybe it's Angelic for crikey or something? But... then his sentence doesn't make sense. He knows a crikey?

If I seem to recall Mike you signed something! And what you do not know is on the back of that sheet of paper was words to the effect of "in the event that ****y ********y is decoupled from the Hub you have to report to the Lab for SYMBIOSIS." You made a contract did you not and on the fine print it says that it is your turn unseated one! .....lol YOU WACKY CULT YOU!:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This thread has gone to places i did not know existed...and prolly would have been better off not knowing :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

If I seem to recall Mike you signed something! And what you do not know is on the back of that sheet of paper was words to the effect of "in the event that ****y ********y is decoupled from the Hub you have to report to the Lab for SYMBIOSIS." You made a contract did you not and on the fine print it says that it is your turn unseated one! .....lol YOU WACKY CULT YOU!:doh:

tenor.gif

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

Big things been going on behind the scenes while this Corona is going on, that's all you see on tv or Trump noise.

Paypal Begins Crypto Service: CEO Reveals Increased Limits, Expansion Plans, Venmo Rollout

(Blockchain Technology) is our 4rd industrial revolution as big as the internet itself. (Internet of finance / Internet of value)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

No, it isn't. Blockchain is a buzzword-laden fad, a very neat solution that is still in dire need of a problem. See here for a comprehensive analysis of why claims of "4th industrial revolution" and other hype are a bunch of malarkey:

https://thecorrespondent.com/655/blockchain-the-amazing-solution-for-almost-nothing/86649455475-f933fe63

It becomes obvious when you actually know how it works. It's a way of doing databases, basically, one that's perfectly transparent, slow as molasses, and permits no removal of data. It's good for cryptocurrencies and... nothing else thus far. Even its advantages can easily become major liabilities. Most people who set out to use blockchain for anything end up abandoning it in favor of a solution that, you know, works. Usually, a normal database does just fine, without all the blockchain's hassle and performance penalties.

No, it isn't. Blockchain is a buzzword-laden fad, a very neat solution that is still in dire need of a problem. See here for a comprehensive analysis of why claims of "4th industrial revolution" and other hype are a bunch of malarkey:

https://thecorrespondent.com/655/blo...55475-f933fe63

It becomes obvious when you actually know how it works. It's a way of doing databases, basically, one that's perfectly transparent, slow as molasses, and permits no removal of data. It's good for cryptocurrencies and... nothing else thus far. Even its advantages can easily become major liabilities. Most people who set out to use blockchain for anything end up abandoning it in favor of a solution that, you know, works. Usually, a normal database does just fine, without all the blockchain's hassle and performance penalties.

Here is just a few examples of blockchain. Many many more if you like.

Australian stock exchange ASX

https://www2.asx.com.au/markets/clea...ss-replacement

"ASX commenced a process of evaluating replacement options for CHESS in 2015. In January 2016, ASX selected Digital Asset as a technology partner to develop, test and demonstrate to ASX a working prototype of a post-trade platform for the cash equity market using DLT (one example of which is commonly referred to as ‘blockchain'). This initial phase of work was completed in mid-2016. By the end of 2017, ASX completed its own analysis and assessment of the technology which included:

• Comprehensive functional testing of the critical clearing and settlement functions currently performed by CHESS
  • Comprehensive non-functional testing (scalability, security and performance requirements) for a replacement system when deployed in a permissioned private network
  • A broad industry engagement process to capture users’ input on the desired new features and functions of a replacement solution
  • Third party security reviews of the Digital Asset DLT based system.

In December 2017, ASX announced that CHESS would be replaced with distributed ledger technology developed by Digital Asset. A copy of the announcement is available on the ASX media release web page."

iohk announces partnership with georgian government and universities

One of the core goals of the MoUs signed this week is to enable the use of Cardano-backed blockchain technology to store, track, and verify educational credentials such as degree certificates, removing the need for time-consuming and expensive manual verification.

https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2019/0...-universities/

How does China's digital yuan work?

Bank of America exec lifts lid on Ripple partnership

It's also not just a database, it's about decentralization (No central power of control and manipulation) China is trying for more control tho lol.

I.E Central banks. If you read the original Bitcoin white paper you would no this. It's why it was created and there are a lot better, fast, blockchain tech these days. Bitcoin just got mathematicians, cryptographers and scientists thinking. Because voting will not fix the corrupt financial problems, this tech will / has forced the change.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Except if you read the article, you'll see that those are not blockchain. DLT=/=blockchain, in fact, the former is a much wider term. These are nothing more than decentralized databases, "China is trying for more control" should give you a hint. These systems are typically curated by some centralized entity (like a bank, or stock exchange), therefore removing blockchain's most notable feature. Even Bitcoin is getting more and more dependent on large, corporate-run farms, because economics of scale mean it's cheaper that way. Most problems with databases are not with curator fraud, they are with input fraud, so it works just as well. There's a reason Bitcoin has very limited practical applications.

Blockchain has its uses, stock exchanges being one of them. ALX is still going with something they describe as blockchain, which is better than 92% of attempts. However, in most other uses, it's extremely inefficient. It's no more a 4th industrial revolution than Nvidia's new line of GPUs and their novel graphics algorithms. You could, probably, shoehorn an RTX3000-series based chip into a voting machine and have it run encryption and count the votes. It wouldn't be very good at it, but you could brag about having a very high-tech voting system. Same with using actual blockchain. Some problems are better served with traditional databases+Merkle trees for verifying them, and some people would call that blockchain, but it's not.

Except if you read the article, you'll see that those are not blockchain. DLT=/=blockchain, in fact, the former is a much wider term. These are nothing more than decentralized databases, "China is trying for more control" should give you a hint. These systems are typically curated by some centralized entity (like a bank, or stock exchange), therefore removing blockchain's most notable feature. Even Bitcoin is getting more and more dependent on large, corporate-run farms, because economics of scale mean it's cheaper that way. Most problems with databases are not with curator fraud, they are with input fraud, so it works just as well. There's a reason Bitcoin has very limited practical applications.

Blockchain has its uses, stock exchanges being one of them. ALX is still going with something they describe as blockchain, which is better than 92% of attempts. However, in most other uses, it's extremely inefficient. It's no more a 4th industrial revolution than Nvidia's new line of GPUs and their novel graphics algorithms. You could, probably, shoehorn an RTX3000-series based chip into a voting machine and have it run encryption and count the votes. It wouldn't be very good at it, but you could brag about having a very high-tech voting system. Same with using actual blockchain. Some problems are better served with traditional databases+Merkle trees for verifying them, and some people would call that blockchain, but it's not.

Just putting it out there, believe what you want to believe. It's coming big time.

I'm following many projects.

All the scientific research is right here to read. By many scientist

https://iohk.io/en/research/library/

Not proof of work tho. (consensus algorithm) for Cardano https://cardano.org

Live updates https://cardanoupdates.com

The road map

https://roadmap.cardano.org/en/

Big hopes for this project and fully decentralized.

Plus all the Defi that's also coming.

https://www.coindesk.com/what-is-defi

“XRP is not centralized,” Treacher commented, matter-of-factly. “It’s a decentralized, open-source digital asset, and the XRP Ledger is based on an inherently decentralized, democratic, consensus mechanism — meaning no one party can control it, not even Ripple.”

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryp...ity-criticism/

Ripple partners

https://itsblockchain.com/ripple-partners/

Japanese esports company to pay its players in XRP

Big things been going on behind the scenes while this Corona is going on, that's all you see on tv or Trump noise.

Paypal Begins Crypto Service: CEO Reveals Increased Limits, Expansion Plans, Venmo Rollout

(Blockchain Technology) is our 4rd industrial revolution as big as the internet itself. (Internet of finance / Internet of value)

COVID19 was funded by bitcoin and favor(kidnapped children) for someone in the New Zealand GCSB's drug habit. He earns drugs for each life affected by COVID19.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Just putting it out there, believe what you want to believe. It's coming big time.

In 92% of cases, it was "coming big time" and then was abandoned. It's not coming big time. It's a tool, one that has some applications. It's also a buzzword, meaning a lot of people are looking for ways to use it for things it's not good for. When you have a really nice, new hammer, you might be inclined to think off ways to use it to turn screws, because your screwdriver is old and rusty. Except when you actually start working, you'll find that the screwdriver, old and rusty as it might be, still turns screws better than the new shiny hammer does.

This is what's happening. Those who understand what blockchain actually is aren't so taken in by it. Big hopes will be dashed, projects will be canned, or switch to a more sensible technology. Buzzwords might remain, despite no longer being descriptive of the project, but make no mistake, most of the "blockchain" projects abandoned the actual technology. Even Bitcoin, the poster child of the blockchain (as well as one example of it actually working somewhat well), has serious problems and disadvantages, most notably no way to cancel a transaction made in error, lack of anonymity (yes!*), extreme slowness and vulnerability to centralization.

*I'll use this place to warn anyone who thinks Bitcoin is good for their privacy. It's not, and inherently so. It's pseudonymous, not anonymous. Every Bitcoin user has a record of every single transaction you ever made. The moment someone can connect just one transaction with your person (or determine who you are IRL from multiple transactions), everything you ever did with Bitcoin will be possible to connect to you. By design, your transaction data cannot be scrubbed from the record, it's there forever. I'd sooner trust a bank (especially since I'm in Europe, so I have GDPR to hide behind if I need to).

In 92% of cases, it was "coming big time" and then was abandoned. It's not coming big time. It's a tool, one that has some applications. It's also a buzzword, meaning a lot of people are looking for ways to use it for things it's not good for. When you have a really nice, new hammer, you might be inclined to think off ways to use it to turn screws, because your screwdriver is old and rusty. Except when you actually start working, you'll find that the screwdriver, old and rusty as it might be, still turns screws better than the new shiny hammer does.

This is what's happening. Those who understand what blockchain actually is aren't so taken in by it. Big hopes will be dashed, projects will be canned, or switch to a more sensible technology. Buzzwords might remain, despite no longer being descriptive of the project, but make no mistake, most of the "blockchain" projects abandoned the actual technology. Even Bitcoin, the poster child of the blockchain (as well as one example of it actually working somewhat well), has serious problems and disadvantages, most notably no way to cancel a transaction made in error, lack of anonymity (yes!*), extreme slowness and vulnerability to centralization.

*I'll use this place to warn anyone who thinks Bitcoin is good for their privacy. It's not, and inherently so. It's pseudonymous, not anonymous. Every Bitcoin user has a record of every single transaction you ever made. The moment someone can connect just one transaction with your person (or determine who you are IRL from multiple transactions), everything you ever did with Bitcoin will be possible to connect to you. By design, your transaction data cannot be scrubbed from the record, it's there forever. I'd sooner trust a bank (especially since I'm in Europe, so I have GDPR to hide behind if I need to).

You'll still be on the chain I'm afraid in the end. Or start putting your cash notes under your pillow.

This is just a few of many Euro websites

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-...n-technologies

https://www.ledgerinsights.com/eu-blockchain-report/

Lean more about smart contracts also. It's not about just crypto money anymore. Everything with be tokenized.

ED could tokenize your modules license on a blockchain for an example.

See time 54:30

SUBS17

Banks are way worse than any of that.

https://www.globalwitness.org/en/cam...ndering/banks/

If the banks are on a blockchain, it would be difficult to get away with also.

and here lies the problem....., it IS coming and I do understand the pro's and con's of this. I / we cannot stop them or the tech companies.

So I'm backing the good decentralized ones. The ones that are going to bank the 1.7 billion unbanked population in this world etc.

Because it's not been worth it to the banks to bank them. https://www.worlddata.info/average-income.php

https://emurgo.io/en/blog/cardano-strategy-africa

This is just a few of many Euro websites

Big words, big promises, zero actual implementation. Everything you linked to is made by marketers for laypeople. I linked you to one article, by an engineer. None of your "sources" to refute a single point that he raised. Not everything will be tokenized, because not everything has a reason to. Until someone can address that, nine out of ten blockchain projects will be abandoned.

How, for example, would blockchain improve anything with regards to how the module licenses are handled? How is it better than what we have now? There's no problem with ED taking modules away from their users. There's no problem with verifying who owns which module. There's no problem with people adding pirated modules. Tell me a question, which ED is or should be asking, and which is most efficiently answered with "blockchain"?

For banks, it might cut down on shady business practices, but it won't affect most customers in a significant way (in fact, Merle trees and other "blockchain-associated" tech is already in common use). The European bureaucracy does have a few places where relying on blockchain would be better than relying on trust and mountains of paperwork. Blockchain has its place in keeping track of stock markets and other official communications where privacy is not only not a concern, but outright undesired. However, in most situations like an online store, customer trust backed by treats of litigation in case of any irregularities is sufficient. Blockchain is best when you can't trust someone to curate the data. When you can (and this is the case most of the time), other approaches outperform it.