[REPORTED]So, the ab-212.lods.json ... Huey skins too shiny

ams999

5 hours ago, ams999 said:

Glad you like it 😃  I've always been a bit puzzled why only few people seem to use it and instead fly around with the shiny Huey but I thought maybe priorities are just different for other people. And maybe it's somewhat hard to find as my first post is already over 3 (THREE!!) years old... for something that takes around 5-10 seconds...

Anyway, if you want to include my file in your skin files AFAIAC feel free to do so as I don't see a problem, I simply prefer any skins with this file in use anyway. You can reference me if you want to but I don't care too much about that so I don't mind either way.

I also wouldn't mind too much if it gets used to finally fix the official file after many many years 😆

Your So Kind and Awesome I just love my Skins Now and Will add your file to all my new skins AFAIAC I will also give credit due out of respect. I feel it's  honorable to do so. Thank you lol I'm happy lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the fix, @ams999. I've just tested it, and now I can see the only livery I ever made for the Huey as it always should have been! 👍 🥳

I've just bumped the report.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

Thanks @ams999 for persisting with this.

I can’t believe such a simple thing is still not fixed in game over three years later.

• Like 6

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:22 PM, Ogma said:

This is just my annual check on the topic, to make sure that yet again this year nothing has been done; don't mind me. I will come back next year.

Well, here we are again; another year another nothing; five years after the first report.

Three years since a fix was provided by a community member...

But hey it could be worse, it could be nine years:

@Flappie do you think you could bump it once more please ? I still have hopes.

Edited by Ogma
  • Like 1

I thought this was fixed in 2.8 and after just making a large Vietnam skin pack for the Huey I would go in and out of the game and the Tail section for me would be matching the Body but the Shine was not removed so for me in 2.8 the flat dull tail now matched the shine on the body. (note no other aircraft have this shine just the Huey) I waited till all the skins were made then replaced the ab_212_lods_json file with ams999 made file and the more realistic Military Flat textures just look real and not as bright and the shiny texture. I did this several time to compare DCS file then am999's file and had the same results. I just use ams999's file. They had to of worked on it or done something I feel but it still is not as good as ams999's version. 

• 4 months later...

It looks to me like this fix isn't working anymore. ED seems to have changed something in April which means that while the Huey isn't as shiny anymore by default it very much ignores the spec files (with or without my fix, unlike before), so even the skins that are *supposed* to be shiny aren't now (except the covers, there, it still works lmao).

If someone knows why or rather how to fix this again I'd be grateful!

• Like 2

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

11 hours ago, ams999 said:

It looks to me like this fix isn't working anymore. ED seems to have changed something in April which means that while the Huey isn't as shiny anymore by default it very much ignores the spec files (with or without my fix, unlike before), so even the skins that are *supposed* to be shiny aren't now (except the covers, there, it still works lmao).

If someone knows why or rather how to fix this again I'd be grateful!

Your right I have just been running OB version with no mods till I go back to a stable version so everything is just default. But man your fix was a awesome fix and made my Liveries look way better then they do now. Thanks.

Edited by DishDoggie
spelled now should of been (no)
  • Like 2

I almost got exited when I saw a non-shiny Huey after ED's engine update... and then I realised they just removed all spec for all skins...

Off to another three years before a proper fix 🥲

• Like 3