VR won't go above 30fps?

hazzer

This hasn't been an issue till very recently and I'm not sure whats causing it, I usually fly in mp and its fine but i noticed things have been a bit janky and its because im only running 30fps most of the time?

My gpu usage isnt high nor is my cpu?

This is really fustrating, even with setting on low and flat shadows any other aircraft or model in the view tanks my fps back to 30.

fps.thumb.png.7759e28c0bc25b224be8bf876c03b318.png

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

This hasn't been an issue till very recently and I'm not sure whats causing it, I usually fly in mp and its fine but i noticed things have been a bit janky and its because im only running 30fps most of the time?

My gpu usage isnt high nor is my cpu?

This is really fustrating, even with setting on low and flat shadows any other aircraft or model in the view tanks my fps back to 30.

I'm pretty sure that's being caused by whatever got changed with version 2.5.4. It does the same thing to me, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to make it happy. So, when I want to actually use DCS, I use my 2.5.3 installation. Sorry I can't be more help, but, you're not alone.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I'm pretty sure that's being caused by whatever got changed with version 2.5.4. It does the same thing to me, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to make it happy. So, when I want to actually use DCS, I use my 2.5.3 installation. Sorry I can't be more help, but, you're not alone.

Well im glad it's not just me I was worried it was a hardware issue. Yeah i've tried every possible setting with the same dreadful results

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Yeah , i have experienced stutters since the 2nd-to-last stable update , particularly when looking to the side . Dropping settings mitigates , but does not entirely remove them . (Sigh) - waiting for another update....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I use VR and don’t have this issue. Have you checked to see if you have vsync enabled? I know I have experimented with it in the past and it has dropped my frames to 30fps.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I , for one , do not have vsync enabled in DCS . . All Nvidea settings default except "power-max performance" . While it is possible that prob started with a settings change (a lot of experimenting in first month of VR) it seemed to be coincident with a DCS update .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I , for one , do not have vsync enabled in DCS . . All Nvidea settings default except "power-max performance" . While it is possible that prob started with a settings change (a lot of experimenting in first month of VR) it seemed to be coincident with a DCS update .

Same with me

No v-sync here either. I started turning that off long ago because it hurts performance and doesn't appear to have any real benefit. The other thing I have found is that the shaders mod for 2.5.4 does what its supposed to do by applying MSAA only to a specific area of the screen, but now it gives no noticeable improvement in performance. I really don't even see a performance improvement when I turn MSAA completely off. Very strange things going on with 2.5.4.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

No v-sync here either. I started turning that off long ago because it hurts performance and doesn't appear to have any real benefit. The other thing I have found is that the shaders mod for 2.5.4 does what its supposed to do by applying MSAA only to a specific area of the screen, but now it gives no noticeable improvement in performance. I really don't even see a performance improvement when I turn MSAA completely off. Very strange things going on with 2.5.4.

Yeah this needs fixing asap, no way I can fly like this

Its like that for me since I have an Oculus. But don't be focalized on FPS.

With 30fps ( all options on the max except the shadows on flat) the flights are fluid and I take pleasure to use DCS. On wide blue sky, when looking only the sky, my fps are going to 45 but never more.

I have disabled ASW for DCS because I prefer to keep around 30 fps and good graphics than around 90 with ghost objects. If you live for fps, you will pass your time to ty to improve fps and missing pleasure moments. The judge must not be the fps number that you can read but your eyes and your feeling.

However, when looking to the sides, you can see a drop of fps if your speed is high. It's caused by the V-synch limits of the VR device.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I would be happy to see a smooth fluctuation of fps . What i see when looking to the side is stutters-this with any combination of ctrl-numberpad . And it was smooth before-at higher graphics settings at that ! Think I'll try reverting to 2.3 & test.....

I would be happy to see a smooth fluctuation of fps . What i see when looking to the side is stutters-this with any combination of ctrl-numberpad . And it was smooth before-at higher graphics settings at that ! Think I'll try reverting to 2.3 & test.....

Yeah please report back as I dont have the time, I could previously be set to a high graphics setting and be completely fine, now i could be on low and 30 fps max and stuttery. It's fine in any other sim.

Its like that for me since I have an Oculus. But don't be focalized on FPS.

With 30fps ( all options on the max except the shadows on flat) the flights are fluid and I take pleasure to use DCS. On wide blue sky, when looking only the sky, my fps are going to 45 but never more.

I have disabled ASW for DCS because I prefer to keep around 30 fps and good graphics than around 90 with ghost objects. If you live for fps, you will pass your time to ty to improve fps and missing pleasure moments. The judge must not be the fps number that you can read but your eyes and your feeling.

However, when looking to the sides, you can see a drop of fps if your speed is high. It's caused by the V-synch limits of the VR device.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not looking at an FPS counter, only at how DCS looks and feels while I fly it. 2.5.4 is significantly worse, performance-wise, and there doesn't appear to be any way to fix that. Its not just when looking to the sides, but also when moving your head from side to side while looking at things in the cockpit. The only fix for me has been to keep my release version install at 2.5.3, while updating my beta of 2.5.4 every week and hoping they fix it

For my Beta install, I'm using version 2.5.4.28090. Just tried it yesterday, and it still has the performance issues. I don't even have to look to the sides when flying over a small city to see the splitting images, and the shaders mod for 2.5.4 still has no noticeable effect. I've tried turning MSAA off, lowering pixel density, turning off AF, and nothing gets it running smoothly. Its very strange, since when I'm on the ground running through my startup procedures in the A-10C, everything is smooth as glass. Its when I start moving that everything starts splitting and jumping back and forth. The pavement jumps back and forth, so does the grass. So, when I want to actually fly, I'm back on my Release install, which I have left at the latest version of 2.5.3. I changed my desktop shortcut for that to the "Run.exe" file in the DCS World folder, so it doesn't keep trying to update itself. Is any of that the same kind of thing you're experiencing? I flew through the jumpiness and found that in some areas it smooths out and starts working normally. I wonder if that's the reason some people say its not giving them problems, and others say that it is.

Yeah i'm experiencing the same problem with the open beta version. I think it may be to do with the optimisation of the shadows as when I disable them permanently the problem goes away, then when they are added fps drops by more than half

Yeah this needs fixing asap, no way I can fly like this

Better performance than ever here. You sure that mod isn't interfering with things? I don't fly with shadows though either.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Better performance than ever here. You sure that mod isn't interfering with things? I don't fly with shadows though either.

Tried it with and without mods, all possible conditions! Before I could have the same fps and smoothness with shadows and now that's not possible.

When i had the rift i could have pd 1.3 and almost anything on high including visibility radius...now i have the odyssey + and i need to set the screen refresh rate to 60hz to mantain decent settings and performances

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yeah please report back as I dont have the time, I could previously be set to a high graphics setting and be completely fine, now i could be on low and 30 fps max and stuttery. It's fine in any other sim.

I reverted to 2.5.4.26552 , which is the version i had when first running the Rift . It did not help the stuttering , so i'm back to the current stable version . Still working the problem....Oculus update ? That %#*<>_ Fresco driver ? Something left by OTT after i uninstalled it ? Something I did ?

I'm not sure I'm not using rift but Odyssey and wmr and having this issue so it can't be occulus related

@eaglecash I am having the same issue, just did a repair. I will not know if that does anything until later when I get to play. If not I am going to do a fresh install, if that doesn’t fix it, then I will file back to stable.

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

@eaglecash I am having the same issue, just did a repair. I will not know if that does anything until later when I get to play. If not I am going to do a fresh install, if that doesn’t fix it, then I will file back to stable.

Hi can you me know the results? Have you tried turning shadows off because that's an issue I noticed

Do you get poor performance in other games as well now or is it just dcs? For me all my other games perform just as good as ever with dcs slow and poor