DCS Server Control

I tested Slmod on Hollo Pointe on the dedicated server and it worked fine to show -admin commands and to list the available missions with -admin load. No problems as of yet.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I'm trying to run multiple instances of the server using the dedicated server software in a VM on esxi. Can anyone confirm that SLMOD crashes the server?

Otherwise I have a different problem.

with --server --norender SLMOD on my system caused a code exception and hung. No SLMod and all is good... There are varients of the MOD and user config too so results may not be standard.

SIGBLOCK.png

I have heard from several people who reported that DCS --server --norender crashes at launch. I was one of them. With Gizzy's help I could track down the problem. If you run a LotATC server, you must disable it in the DCS options special tab. Then DCS --server --norender works perfectly... Hope that helps some people out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I've got the dedicated server running alright on my server. However, I cannot seem to be able to force the server to start un-paused. I have both serverSettings.cfg and serverSettings.lua set with "pause_on_load=FALSE" but it doesn't make a difference.

Apparently I'm missing something somewhere... could someone enlighten me?

Players tab:

Show player list, banned list

Kick or ban any player

Unban any player

attachment.php?attachmentid=205322&stc=1&d=1551446412

Hello,

Please, can you tell us how do you get the Server player to show up as "I'mMinskServer" ? I cant seem to find where to name it :(

Thanks a lot,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does this mean that you don't need an extreme graphics card to run host?

:pilotfly:

i7-920, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte x58 ud3r, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, 2x500GB SSD+1x250ssd, TrackIR 5 clip, screen 42 inches, and 21 inches, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick,t500rs,th8 shifter, Saitek Pro throttle, x controller, G11 keys

Does this mean that you don't need an extreme graphics card to run host?

Also on the previous "full client host" configuration, a recent integrated graphics card was enough, like intel hd 4000 os similar.

For sure now it's take a less resources, the CPU load is completely offloaded of making useless drawcall et similar rendering stuff.

however, seems you can't run the actual dedicated server without a DX11 3D graphics card, so, you must have an integrated os software graphics adapter dx11 capable.

Hello,

Please, can you tell us how do you get the Server player to show up as "I'mMinskServer" ? I cant seem to find where to name it :(

Thanks a lot,

+1 let us change the terrible player name for server account!

Someone says it's inside Config/serverSettings.lua but I can't find the line relative to the name of the server account shown in the player list

Personal Feedback after one day:

Good performance boost, and some really cool feature! Thanks ED!

What is missing:

1) Find a way to "identify" instances:

nk7QScuQsPP70O643ecW2xbRxP2lU0.png

Put something like the port number or mission name in the windows title, I'm pretty sure you can do it, think about all your office application where you can see the current opened filename in the title bar.

2)

4. How to shut down a dedicated server?

Currently, to shut down the dedicated server, the DCS process has to be killed via Windows task manager - a proper shutdown procedure does not exist yet.

All of server Admins has already "tons" of script working for that, to set in place auto restart every X hours to keep the server smooth as possible, it's not a secret! we do it for all of our game server,like arma and so on.

We have now a problem, related to the first point. For example my script works selecting the "full path" executable to kill, I developed a powershell script in that way because its work when in the past we run two pseudo-instances using Stable and OpenBeta version, since they have two different physical path. Now it's impossible to schedule a task to kill the exact instances unless we change all the code to keep trace of PID during startup sequence, but it's really "expensive" coding stuff if you leave server admins without proper documentation and information, maybe we can solve more efficiently "working" together.

For First day it's all! Impressed! Thanks!

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I have heard from several people who reported that DCS --server --norender crashes at launch. I was one of them. With Gizzy's help I could track down the problem. If you run a LotATC server, you must disable it in the DCS options special tab. Then DCS --server --norender works perfectly... Hope that helps some people out.

This is weird because i'm running --server --norender on 2 servers with LOTATC with out any issues one of which has been running for 16 hours

Which lotatc you running? latest Stable or the Beta RC?

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

I've got the dedicated server running alright on my server. However, I cannot seem to be able to force the server to start un-paused. I have both serverSettings.cfg and serverSettings.lua set with "pause_on_load=FALSE" but it doesn't make a difference.

Apparently I'm missing something somewhere... could someone enlighten me?

1) On the web gui's main page, click on the "gears" icon to the right of the Resume/Stop/Restart buttons.

2) Click on Change next to Advanced.

3) Select Resume on load, click Save

1) On the web gui's main page, click on the "gears" icon to the right of the Resume/Stop/Restart buttons.

2) Click on Change next to Advanced.

3) Select Resume on load, click Save

Awesome - thanks. I had been in there before, but didn't realize that would be what fixed it.

I can't seem to connect to the dedicated server, from a PC on the same network. I made a new DCS-account, downloaded and installed DCS. Made an Icon on the desktop to start DCS with the parameters " --server --norender". I then start the server, and launch the web-gui, where everyting looks to me as it should:

Ths screenshot says the server is active and the mission is running, however I cannot connect to the server from my other PC (on the same network). Even if I try to enter the IP of the server I want to conect to, I just get a message saying "Server Offline".

Firewall would be the obvious culpit, but its configured to allow traffic on port 10308 (TCP/UDP). Also I've tried completely disabling the firewalls on both computers, but the problem is still there.

Any Ideas?

I might have an idea, as you are running the server and client on the same network there might be an IP address problem. When I start the server it shows me my external IP address and when I tried to connect to it I got an error message. I looked at the log on the server. Click on the 3 short lines in the upper left corner, a menu opens, underneath you see this symbol </> that is the log look for a line that says ====== end of init. Look below I saw a line that said external ip xxx.xxx.xx.xx is redirected to internal IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. I then used the internal IP on the client and I could connect in MP using connect to IP.

I am not certain this is the same problem you had but I wanted to share it.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

This is weird because i'm running --server --norender on 2 servers with LOTATC with out any issues one of which has been running for 16 hours

Which lotatc you running? latest Stable or the Beta RC?

I'm running 1.1.0. That's not the latest version. Maybe that's the problem, I'll upgrade tomorrow and then try again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Hi there

Can someone do an expample on how to start multiple server instances

I cant seem to get them running.

Greetings Evilfisher

Run two DCS instances with:

dcs.exe --server --norender -w instance1

and

dcs.exe --server --norender -w instance2

You should end up with 2 DCS splash screens running simultaneously.

If you need to define which missions load etc, start DCS normally and start a MP server. Then close it and look in your Saved Games\DCS\Config folder. You need the serverSettings.lua file. Copy that ServerSettings.lua to the instance1\config and instance2\config folders and edit them accordingly.

Should get you going.

I keep getting:

2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Your graphics card does not support DirectX11 features
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer::shutdown()
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: DirectX backend initialization error
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   VISUALIZER: SceneManager initialization failed
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DCS: application shutdown

When trying to start DCS --server --norender

Trying to run on a Windows Server in a vmware environment. Tried some autoexec.cfg stuff I saw earlier in this thread but didn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone know how to get around this DX11 limitation? My entire hope for the dedicated server is that it wouldn't require graphics.

I followed instruections to change the "player" name of the server:

So my server is named "player". Where can i change this?
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\serverSettings.lua

But there is nothing related to this nickname, here is my file.

cfg = 
{
   ["uri"] = "startServer",
   ["description"] = "",
   ["isPublic"] = true,
   ["missionList"] = 
   {
       [1] = "C:\\Users\\user\\Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Missions\\my_awesome_mission.miz",
   }, -- end of ["missionList"]
   ["require_pure_textures"] = true,
   ["version"] = 1,
   ["listShuffle"] = false,
   ["advanced"] = 
   {
       ["allow_change_tailno"] = false,
       ["disable_events"] = false,
       ["allow_ownship_export"] = true,
       ["allow_object_export"] = true,
       ["pause_on_load"] = false,
       ["allow_sensor_export"] = true,
       ["event_Takeoff"] = false,
       ["pause_without_clients"] = true,
       ["client_outbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["client_inbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["event_Role"] = false,
       ["allow_change_skin"] = true,
       ["event_Connect"] = true,
       ["event_Ejecting"] = true,
       ["event_Kill"] = true,
       ["event_Crash"] = true,
       ["resume_mode"] = 2,
       ["maxPing"] = 0,
   }, -- end of ["advanced"]
   ["require_pure_models"] = true,
   ["require_pure_clients"] = true,
   ["name"] = "Dedicated Server + SRS",
   ["port"] = 10308,
   ["password"] = "test",
   ["listLoop"] = false,
   ["bind_address"] = "",
   ["maxPlayers"] = 12,
} -- end of cfg

Can someone please tell us what is the missing tag please? :thumbup:

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

hello guys, i setup a dedicated server, all runs properly (mission, autostart ecc...) but it dont show in the list!

i connect succesfully by IP, and sometimes it appears in the list too, then i close my client, restart, and it is no more in the server list!

whats wrong ?

thanks !

I'm trying to run multiple instances of the server using the dedicated server software in a VM on esxi. Can anyone confirm that SLMOD crashes the server?

Otherwise I have a different problem.

SLMOD does not crash the server, at least in the 6 months I have been using

the "dedicted" server exe start-up parameters

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Anyone know how to get around this DX11 limitation? My entire hope for the dedicated server is that it wouldn't require graphics.

Actually you can't, a DX11 graphics card is still a requirement to run a DCS server, the integrated GPU like Intel HD4000 it's more then enough now with dedicated code.

The only limitation ATM is running inside virtualization environment that has only a software DX9.

If you run directly on the main OS you should able to run on 98% of Server/Computer/Laptop

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I followed instruections to change the "player" name of the server:

But there is nothing related to this nickname, here is my file.

cfg = 
{
   ["uri"] = "startServer",
   ["description"] = "",
   ["isPublic"] = true,
   ["missionList"] = 
   {
       [1] = "C:\\Users\\user\\Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Missions\\my_awesome_mission.miz",
   }, -- end of ["missionList"]
   ["require_pure_textures"] = true,
   ["version"] = 1,
   ["listShuffle"] = false,
   ["advanced"] = 
   {
       ["allow_change_tailno"] = false,
       ["disable_events"] = false,
       ["allow_ownship_export"] = true,
       ["allow_object_export"] = true,
       ["pause_on_load"] = false,
       ["allow_sensor_export"] = true,
       ["event_Takeoff"] = false,
       ["pause_without_clients"] = true,
       ["client_outbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["client_inbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["event_Role"] = false,
       ["allow_change_skin"] = true,
       ["event_Connect"] = true,
       ["event_Ejecting"] = true,
       ["event_Kill"] = true,
       ["event_Crash"] = true,
       ["resume_mode"] = 2,
       ["maxPing"] = 0,
   }, -- end of ["advanced"]
   ["require_pure_models"] = true,
   ["require_pure_clients"] = true,
   ["name"] = "Dedicated Server + SRS",
   ["port"] = 10308,
   ["password"] = "test",
   ["listLoop"] = false,
   ["bind_address"] = "",
   ["maxPlayers"] = 12,
} -- end of cfg

Can someone please tell us what is the missing tag please? :thumbup:

Hi there.

Until we find the tag just do the following :

On server, open file in <DCS INSTALLATION FOLDER>\MissionEditor\dedicatedServerGUI.lua

About line 65 and before the existing : "local res = net.start_server(s)" add :

net.set_name("JDF-Flighter") -- ADD THIS LINE. Change nickname "JDF-Flighter" to your liking eg "Admin" 

Mine looks like this :

--log.write('WebGUI', log.DEBUG, 'Server settings:', s)
       net.set_name("JDF-Flighter")        -- ADD THIS LINE. Change nickname "JDF-Flighter" to your liking eg "Admin"
        local res = net.start_server(s)

Cheers !!

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi there.

Until we find the tag just do the following : ....

Thanks a lot :D ... it worked like a charm:

quZcL2V.jpg

Now I will try to put that dedicatedServerGUI.lua onto Saved Games to see if it still works, if not I will then make a small Mod for it, so it doesnt get overwritten on DCS Updates

Kudos to you :)

Edit: Nop, it doesnt work at Saved Games, so Small Mod it is:

RuUqKCt.jpg

:)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot :D ... it worked like a charm:

quZcL2V.jpg

Now I will try to put that dedicatedServerGUI.lua onto Saved Games to see if it still works, if not I will then make a small Mod for it, so it doesnt get overwritten on DCS Updates

Kudos to you :)

Glad it worked for you too !

I tried in autoexec.cfg but no luck there. I am sure they inform us of the proper way to do it.

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂