DCS Server Control

I've looked through the thread and can't find an answer thus far. Does anyone know the IP range to the DCS centralized servers? I would like to allow the remote management feature of our server with minimal security risk. I personally don't feel 100% comfortable with 8088, secondary, to the n-th range of ports being opened to the entire world.

This ^^

Would much prefer to restrict inbound 8088 to only the external IPs that require it. ED seem not to have given much consideration to the security side of things. And before anyone says "beta", security should be first on the list, not last. Especially when it's your customers.

I use Windows' MKLINK /J command to create links to centralized folders ... very useful not only for the Mods folder, but also for the Missions and Liveries folders.

Hey thanks for this I’ll look into it.

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I seem to have no luck running two servers. I am using the --Server1/--Server2 and I am getting the folders. This thread has become so long it is becoming ineffective and I hate to ask a question that may have been answered.

Can I run two servers using two WebGUI pages? It seems to only run one server at a time. When I try to open another WebGUI server it defaults back to only the server it saw the first time. I am using 10308 and 10309.

Thanks a million!!

I seem to have no luck running two servers. I am using the --Server1/--Server2 and I am getting the folders. This thread has become so long it is becoming ineffective and I hate to ask a question that may have been answered.

Can I run two servers using two WebGUI pages? It seems to only run one server at a time. When I try to open another WebGUI server it defaults back to only the server it saw the first time. I am using 10308 and 10309.

Thanks a million!!

Have you set a different webgui port for each instance in the autoexec.cfg file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling your pain as well. I am hoping that maybe there will be a FAQ thread or something similar to compile a lot of the questions with answers here.

Like this for example...

Have you set a different webgui port for each instance in the autoexec.cfg file?

There was a question earlier on how to locate this file.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I have not. That must be why it can't see the server running already. And where would I find the autoexec.cfg file again?

Thank you again!!

I have not. That must be why it can't see the server running already. And where would I find the autoexec.cfg file again?

Thank you again!!

You’ll need to create it in the instance folder for each instance. You need to add a line in that file (look at the second post on this thread for the syntax). Then add a port forward rule for each of those two ports.

I'm having an interesting issue....

When I run a particular very large mission (lots of scripts, objects, etc) the standard way, by starting DCS, going into MP and starting a server, it runs fine.

When I start this exact same mission using the dedicated server (dcs --server), it crashes the entire computer dark, in about 2-3 hours with no clients connecting. This is true with or without --norender and/or --webgui.

Anyone see this behavior? I haven't tried with a different mission yet but I will.

ETA - same behavior with a second mission (caucasus vs. PG)

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Q: Servers are limited to 20 players, any way to increase the limit?

If you have the dedicated server running, connect to the Web UI and use the 'cogs' symbol on the right to change the server settings. You can set the player count there.

If you have the dedicated server running, connect to the Web UI and use the 'cogs' symbol on the right to change the server settings. You can set the player count there.

That won't actually work, because the player limit is coded into webgui software (script). It can be overridden in the serversettings lua, but the webgui setting won't let you make changes with an invalid player limit. You can override the webgui though by going to your DCS install folder into the WEBGUI\js folder and editing app.js. The entry to search for is max_value:20, in 2 places.

That won't actually work, because the player limit is coded into webgui software (script). It can be overridden in the serversettings lua, but the webgui setting won't let you make changes with an invalid player limit. You can override the webgui though by going to your DCS install folder into the WEBGUI\js folder and editing app.js. The entry to search for is max_value:20, in 2 places.

Interesting. Good info, thanks!

I've looked through the thread and can't find an answer thus far. Does anyone know the IP range to the DCS centralized servers? I would like to allow the remote management feature of our server with minimal security risk. I personally don't feel 100% comfortable with 8088, secondary, to the n-th range of ports being opened to the entire world.

Inside the app.js file I mentioned is the hostname for the ED's server (which i forget atm). Run that in nslookup for the IPs.

• ED Team
This ^^

Would much prefer to restrict inbound 8088 to only the external IPs that require it. ED seem not to have given much consideration to the security side of things. And before anyone says "beta", security should be first on the list, not last. Especially when it's your customers.

All data exchange between DCS server and WebGUI is encrypted. There's a fixed key for the localhost interface and a dynamic key for the outer interfaces. That's why we host the WebGUI: data exchange is HTTPS-protected between your browser and site-hosted WebGUI and custom-encrypted between the site and the DCS server.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

All data exchange between DCS server and WebGUI is encrypted. There's a fixed key for the localhost interface and a dynamic key for the outer interfaces. That's why we host the WebGUI: data exchange is HTTPS-protected between your browser and site-hosted WebGUI and custom-encrypted between the site and the DCS server.

Good to know. Useful info is trickling out, which helps improve confidence. Thank you.

I can't get remote control to our server to work.

The remote server is logged on to DCS Home page with the same account as my local PC which also logged on and viewing the "Server" page but there is nothing in the "My Server" tab.

Our Server shows up in the "All Servers" tab and is accessible to clients.

Local Web control works fine but doing this through "TeamViewer" is cumbersome as I have a 260mS ping time to the remote server.

I have no idea why its not showing up or accessible via my local WebGUI.

What am I missing....... ?

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I can't get remote control to our server to work.

The remote server is logged on to DCS Home page with the same account as my local PC which also logged on and viewing the "Server" page but there is nothing in the "My Server" tab.

Our Server shows up in the "All Servers" tab and is accessible to clients.

Local Web control works fine but doing this through "TeamViewer" is cumbersome as I have a 260mS ping time to the remote server.

I have no idea why its not showing up or accessible via my local WebGUI.

What am I missing....... ?

Two questions:

Which switches are you using in the shortcut to load your server and which ports have you forwarded on your router?

Two questions:

Which switches are you using in the shortcut to load your server and which ports have you forwarded on your router?

Using both --server --norender

server router is inaccessible but is dmz I believe as it sits on a 1Gb up/down trunk line at a friends ISP in a central US state.

8094050476.png

I did create some inbound rules for 8088 in Windows Firewall. TCP & UDP

And local Router 8088 in/out TCP & UDP

:doh:

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

How do you chance a server's in game name? Mine is stuck at "player" when I use --server.

At the moment it is not changeable. But ED ist working on that.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

How do you chance a server's in game name? Mine is stuck at "player" when I use --server.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3821064&postcount=208

Hi there.

Until we find the tag just do the following :

On server, open file in <DCS INSTALLATION FOLDER>\MissionEditor\dedicatedServerGUI.lua

About line 65 and before the existing : "local res = net.start_server(s)" add :

net.set_name("JDF-Flighter") -- ADD THIS LINE. Change nickname "JDF-Flighter" to your liking eg "Admin" 

Mine looks like this :

--log.write('WebGUI', log.DEBUG, 'Server settings:', s)
       net.set_name("JDF-Flighter")        -- ADD THIS LINE. Change nickname "JDF-Flighter" to your liking eg "Admin"
        local res = net.start_server(s)

Cheers !!

Thank you! I missed that.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN