DCS Server Control

WebGUI seems to work again since the latest hotfix!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

WebGUI appears to be working after installing latest hot fix... Thank you ED.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Am having a weird issue....if I leave a server or get a timeout....my name is still on the server as connected....but I cannot join the server again....it doesnt release my callsign so I can rejoin...is there a setting that needs to change in the server?

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon. The "Webgui is currently on maintenance", is no longer there when accessing directly but can not use the add mission files "+ button". Just comes up with a blank file manager with no method to add files.

Also when accessing from another pc on the same network I still get the "Webgui is currently on maintenance" error. They must be working on it because now we have different problems. Fingers crossed, won’t be long now...!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

Server cannot load any mission and im unable to change some of settings. I tried repairing dcs and deleting dcs folder in saved games. Any fix?

Hey Bartek, sorry, no answers yet but FYI I’ve personally found with this new server fault that the easiest way for me to load or change missions on the server is to edit the mission file name in the serversettings.lua file, then reboot the server. As I can do this remotely quite easily. Just a thought mate, Ava Good’n...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to load for me after I connect a client to server.. not before hand.

Hi Maestro, I can also get it to load normaly after a client is connected but I find the little "+ button" only loads a blank file management page with no ability to add any missions. See comment above on my current work around.

Ava Good’n Mate...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I know people have the sever files out there, but none of them are showing up for me. DCS isn’t creating them. Also, none of my missions are showing up because they aren’t a .lst file, so how do I get a .lst file if it doesn’t create one.

I need a serversettings.lua file and whatever else is needed. Nothing is creating these files for me. And even if I start a server without any of the command line codes, none of my missions show up to use.

Need help.

Ok, I know people have the sever files out there, but none of them are showing up for me. DCS isn’t creating them. Also, none of my missions are showing up because they aren’t a .lst file, so how do I get a .lst file if it doesn’t create one.

I need a serversettings.lua file and whatever else is needed. Nothing is creating these files for me. And even if I start a server without any of the command line codes, none of my missions show up to use.

Need help.

I believe the file is created when you host a game for the first time. I have attached a copy of mine. Be aware you have to change the paths to the missions to your directory structure. And remove the -org from the file name

serverSettings-org.lua

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Anyone had any luck using the WebGUI from the digitialcombatsimulator.com website?

I have both ports open, one for the Dedicated Server ( 10308 ) and one for the WebGUI ( 8088 ).

I have validated the server is listening on both those ports and have validated I can connect via those ports externally.

On Digitalcombatsimulator.com - Profle - My Servers:

I can see my server listed in the server list, people can connect to the server and play.

If I click on the server it takes me to the WebGUI management page, but it can never connect, I only get "Server is not responding."

If I try to connect directly to the WebGUI port locally 8088, it responds with 405 Method Not Allowed, so I know it's listening.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this work properly? Am I missing something?

Anyone had any luck using the WebGUI from the digitialcombatsimulator.com website?

I have both ports open, one for the Dedicated Server ( 10308 ) and one for the WebGUI ( 8088 ).

I have validated the server is listening on both those ports and have validated I can connect via those ports externally.

On Digitalcombatsimulator.com - Profle - My Servers:

I can see my server listed in the server list, people can connect to the server and play.

If I click on the server it takes me to the WebGUI management page, but it can never connect, I only get "Server is not responding."

If I try to connect directly to the WebGUI port locally 8088, it responds with 405 Method Not Allowed, so I know it's listening.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this work properly? Am I missing something?

not only open those ports on firewall but you need to forward them to the acting server too.

try to connect to webgui via:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eagle%20Dynamics/DCS%20World%20OpenBeta/WebGUI/index.html#/

Edited by maestro72x

not only open those ports on firewall but you need to forward them to the acting server too.

Yes, both port are pointing at the active server. I can connect to them externally via telnet and they respond, so I know they are forwarded properly.

Any other ideas?

Any other ideas?

Do you have 10308 TCP or TCP/UDP forwarded? Needs both.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Yes, both port are pointing at the active server. I can connect to them externally via telnet and they respond, so I know they are forwarded properly.

Any other ideas?

router and firewall ports should be open and forward to your server:

open ports:

10308 UDP & TCP (Main game)

8088 TCP (access to webgui over internet)

FOR SRS RADIO:

5002-5003 TCP

view webgui with:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eagle%20Dynamics/DCS%20World%20OpenBeta/WebGUI/index.html#/en/settings

in a browser or goto:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI

and double click on index.html

once you connect a client to server it will show data from my understanding.

if you have not setup a mission before run dcs as normal then run a multiplayer server and add a mission. that will create a serverSettings.lua in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

once you have that file generated you can run the command line to run server:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --webgui --norender

if your ports are forwarded correctly you should be able to login to your dcs account online and change server settings/missions remotely

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/

*** connect a client to the server first tho to see the page correctly otherwise it will be blank. Test locally first on the local server w any webbrowser:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eagle%20Dynamics/DCS%20World%20OpenBeta/WebGUI/index.html#/en/settings

or again this:

and double click on index.html:

this is a very rudimentary version of the dedicated server so its not going to work like you think it is. Just have to work around the quirks ;-)

I have not found a way yet to access the webgui using an ipaddress/port,, only index.html or when properly connected via internet the dcs server page in your account.

Good luck

Edited by maestro72x

router and firewall ports should be open and forward to your server:

open ports:

10308 UDP & TCP (Main game)

8088 TCP (access to webgui over internet)

FOR SRS RADIO:

5002-5003 TCP

view webgui with:

in a browser or goto:

and double click on index.html

once you connect a client to server it will show data from my understanding.

if you have not setup a mission before run dcs as normal then run a multiplayer server and add a mission. that will create a serverSettings.lua in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

once you have that file generated you can run the command line to run server:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --webgui --norender

if your ports are forwarded correctly you should be able to login to your dcs account online and change server settings/missions remotely

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/

*** connect a client to the server first tho to see the page correctly otherwise it will be blank. Test locally first on the local server w any webbrowser:

or again this:

and double click on index.html:

this is a very rudimentary version of the dedicated server so its not going to work like you think it is. Just have to work around the quirks ;-)

I have not found a way yet to access the webgui using an ipaddress/port,, only index.html or when properly connected via internet the dcs server page in your account.

Good luck

Ok Stepping through each item:

Ports are open and point to the target server:

10308 UDP & TCP are open: I know this works as people can connect to my Dedicated Server and Play.

8088 TCP: I know this is open as I can connect to this port from an external system via telnet, and the target server responds:

6DCKvkn.jpg

I'm not at the point for SRS yet.

When I try to view the webgui locally on the server running the dedicated server I get just a blank page, with or without a client connected.

vK0wKKk.jpg

I have a serverSettings.lua file that I am using that points to the mission I am hosting. This works and autostarts and autounpauses. I know this works because I can connect and play with others that join the server.

I start my DCS Dedicated Server with: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --webgui

When I log into https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/, with a client connected to the dedicated server or not, and access the GUI through the My Servers pages, I get:

fobr4jP.jpg

H7fwUpV.jpg

I feel like I've covered all the bases... am I missing anything? Are there any logs I can check? DCS.log only shows what's happening with the server and the mission.... don't see anything WEBGUI related.

Thanks.

Hello

Sorry ! Can someone imagine what went wrong here ?

Server is a second PC.

Followed all instructions and think im good to go.

I can see and join my DS but friends are not able to see it.

Strange is there is allways a second server when i open mine !?

Klicking on one of these servers seen below gives me a 404 error :cry:

Any ideas ???

VCiQlk7Y.jpg

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

Just asking the obvious question, you have opened the 10308 port for TCP & UDP on your router? can you connect to your second PC?

I had the same problem as my friend could not connect. I did have the port open on my router but for my main PC, not the server PC. You can only open a port to one device at a time. As I had used my main PC as a server before I thought I was good but it did not work as I had to change it to my second PC.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat