DCS Server Control

Are you sure you are running a ED's shop user that is not your regular player account? If not then create a new user at ED's shop and use that to start the server. Just a thought.

yes, i created another dcs and google account just for the server, still it asks for authorization when the server logs in.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Without trawling through this thread, is it possible to run a standard client AND a dedicated server on the same PC? Yes, I appreciate that this would mean having a spare core and some RAM, but I'm curious if it's possible given a sufficiently grunty PC.
apparently yes, i think maestro has 2 or 3 running

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Hello guys,

I found a bug for baguette people, but I have also found a way to avoid it temporarily

When I click on the server name to manage it, from here:

Capture.PNG

I have a 404 error:

404.PNG

And the way to fix it (temporarily), is by changing the "fr" to "en" in the URL:

fr.PNG

to

en.PNG

And after only you can access to the UI:

tada.PNG

I hope it will help people to do remote server management waiting a fix.

Enjoy!

Fixed :smilewink:

Thank you ED :thumbup:

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

In progress.

In progress also

Good note, will ask programmers.

Regarding server restart scripts whicj doesn't works. Please attach here (or send me) simple (very simple) mission and necessary script for testing purposes. Bug-feature is added to bugtracker but we need several examples for check.

Sorry for late reply but I was really busy.

I've finally rebuild my powershell script to use CommandLie instead process name. Using this method you can "easly" grab the correct DCS instance by name that you give it launching the server ( the glorious option -w "servername" to run multiple server instances )

Get inspired by something like:

Get-WmiObject Win32_Process -Filter "name = 'DCS.exe'" | Select-Object CommandLine

2LkEFLgHSZ0ncCd2WglEj3Kb7S4tYL.png

cheers

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

so i run the server as per instructions, Thanks to all the help i have recived from members here it now runs and links with the gui controller.

but is not seen in the multiplayer listing,

and i still cant use any map other than Caucasus. it asks me to authorize Nevada.

Any ideas ?

so i run the server as per instructions, Thanks to all the help i have recived from members here it now runs and links with the gui controller.

but is not seen in the multiplayer listing,

and i still cant use any map other than Caucasus. it asks me to authorize Nevada.

Any ideas ?

Make sure your ports are open and forwarded to your server.

TCP/UDP (*both protocols)

Make sure your ports are open and forwarded to your server.

TCP/UDP (*both protocols)

yep just checked. ports open and directed straight to the server .

so , a quick recap.

created new gmail account just for the server and a new dcs account for same.

both mine and my server are connected by Ethernet.

installed dcs world on laptop.

dl nevada map via updater(but cant use as it needs to authorize)

opened ports

started via cmd with --server --norender

started gui

connected gui to server

selected Caucasus based map and click run

server loads map and goes green.

start dcs

select multiplayer

my server does not show in the listings :no_sad:

Edited by GunnyCook

yep just checked. ports open and directed straight to the server .

so , a quick recap.

created new gmail account just for the server and a new dcs account for same.

both mine and my server are connected by Ethernet.

installed dcs world on laptop.

dl nevada map via updater(but cant use as it needs to authorize)

opened ports

started via cmd with --server --norender

started gui

connected gui to server

selected Caucasus based map and click run

server loads map and goes green.

start dcs

select multiplayer

my server does not show in the listings :cry_2:

doesnt mean its not running..

goto

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

login

then goto profile

on the left you will see "Game servers"

Click on "my servers"

if you see it there its good.. just connect to the server locally via its internal lan IP

What would keep the local machine the Dedicated server is running on from seeing the server when using that machines local index file (..\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html)?

Default port of 8088 was entered, we even tried to configure it to a custom port, but no change so took that back out.

It works fine on my own machine, but a friend's server is having this problem.

What would keep the local machine the Dedicated server is running on from seeing the server when using that machines local index file (..\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html)?

Default port of 8088 was entered, we even tried to configure it to a custom port, but no change so took that back out.

It works fine on my own machine, but a friend's server is having this problem.

Try to delete the server folder in saved games and try again.. default port should be 8088

or just create an autoexec.cfg in

savedgames\{servername}\Config\

options.graphics.fullScreen = false

options.graphics.render3D = false

webgui_port = 8088

net.name = "Serverplayername"

doesnt mean its not running..

goto

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

login

then goto profile

on the left you will see "Game servers"

Click on "my servers"

if you see it there its good.. just connect to the server locally via its internal lan IP

Exhaling a deep sigh........ says its running in your link. tried connecting via lan... nothing still says server offline.

thanks for your help, i really do appreciate how far you have got me so far. But i fell i must give up the ghost and continue hosting through the game. shame as i was looking forward to online VR on my server.

Exhaling a deep sigh........ says its running in your link. tried connecting via lan... nothing still says server offline.

thanks for your help, i really do appreciate how far you have got me so far. But i fell i must give up the ghost and continue hosting through the game. shame as i was looking forward to online VR on my server.

when you connect via lan

in multiplayer menu top right you will see "connect via IP"

make sure you put in port:

ie:

10.0.1.121:10308

does it show up when you open the gui?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

default port for servergui is 8088 (not the port your server is running on)

when you connect via lan

in multiplayer menu top right you will see "connect via IP"

make sure you put in port:

ie:

10.0.1.121:10308

does it show up when you open the gui?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

default port for servergui is 8088 (not the port your server is running on)

yeah, i start the server , then gui to load the map. gui says its runnin in green but the timer(also in green) does not start. and then in the dcs server page you linked me, it says its running there also

Try to delete the server folder in saved games and try again.. default port should be 8088

or just create an autoexec.cfg in

savedgames\{servername}\Config\

options.graphics.fullScreen = false

options.graphics.render3D = false

webgui_port = 8088

net.name = "Serverplayername"

Thanks, my friend tried the autoexec.cfg but still has the same problem. Server is up and can be joined, but can not connect the WEBGui to the server via the local index file. Says "Server not responding"

For admins that need a local webGUI console running, I can confirm that running the webGUI through SOCKS proxy 5 works fine. You need OpenSSH and plink to set it up, all for free. Change OpenSSH config to allow TCP forwarding and to open tunnels. This is a simple way to open up the webGUI console without giving access to your ED shop account and you can develop your own connection package to use for other alternative admins. When done you just set up Firefox with SOCKS proxy and remove the localhost override. Then just click the index.html file in your local DCS install and type in the port you tunnelled.

Edited by HiJack

Hello everyone, I have a question for installation and maps on the dedicated server, when this is launched in --server or -webgui there is a warning with the product not activated and consequently disabled, they can be used equally for the server orho something wrong?

I have the same. on our dedicated server, when I start the machine via teamviewer, I can host a local game just fine. All mods are installed and registered as green, all is working.

when I use the dedicated server by creating a shortcut to dcs.exe I get this popup:

Authorization is valid for 3d 0h 0m

The following DLCs are not authorized and will be

disabled:

Combined Arms

I have the same. on our dedicated server, when I start the machine via teamviewer, I can host a local game just fine. All mods are installed and registered as green, all is working.

when I use the dedicated server by creating a shortcut to dcs.exe I get this popup:

Authorization is valid for 3d 0h 0m

The following DLCs are not authorized and will be

disabled:

Combined Arms

Because when you run as dedicated server ED disables everything else than all the maps. Uninstall the CA module and you are fine.

So you confirm me to install and use the maps on the server you currently need to buy them

No! Just create a new clean user on ED shop and use that as your server logon. Then download all maps and run whatever map you want!

So Im running into the same problem with authorization failed. I created a new id in DCS but I turned on automatic authorization on server start up. Now I cant get into change my id because it tries to automatically start. How do I turn that off. Thanks

Figured it out. No Mods are allowed.

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• ED Team

Description for changing server player's name added to 2nd post.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы