DCS Server Control

Hi guys, QQ can we ban someone that isn't on the server at that moment, we are getting lots of reports of griefing on the 504 free flight server, most of them we manage to get whilst they are still on, but during the night we miss a few.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

We use SLMod for this. Auto kick/ban makes a good job, but also belated manual ban is possible by unique id, which can be found in the slmod stats file.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Hi everyone ,

Is there a way when running a dedicated server to change mission in-game without having to access the webGUI ? Maybe possible to write something in the chatbox as a command of the game the mission change?

Thanks

I was able to add missions to the list using the server list in your profile https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/#myservers

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi everyone ,

Is there a way when running a dedicated server to change mission in-game without having to access the webGUI ? Maybe possible to write something in the chatbox as a command of the game the mission change?

Thanks

Hi, there are two ways of doing this:

1. SLMOD admin commands via the chat menu

2. Using a trigger based on an "Add Radio Item" option in the "F10 Other" radio menu. Either "End Mission" (which will end the mission and load the next mission according to the list of missions and other settings you have in the webgui options and/or the server's playlist) or "Load Mission" which will load a specific mission.

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• 4 weeks later...

when ever i fore up my server, it forces me to renter the username and password ? even though i check remember password ? am i missing something ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

when ever i fore up my server, it forces me to renter the username and password ? even though i check remember password ? am i missing something ?

You should also check the "Log in automatically"

It will create a file called "network.vault" in "C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config" folder.

If its not creating this file its probably admin rights denying dcs.exe to write to the user folder. Just run DCS as admin.

Hope this helps!

IAF.ViFF

You should also check the "Log in automatically"

It will create a file called "network.vault" in "C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config" folder.

If its not creating this file its probably admin rights denying dcs.exe to write to the user folder. Just run DCS as admin.

Hope this helps!

so i was doing that, forgot to mention it, sorry.

and it does create a network.vault file.

I will see if running as admin makes any difference

nope after shutting the server down for a coupe of days and restarting i get prompted again

To run a server with an old version use DCS_Updater.exe to go back to specific version:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1876747&postcount=1

After that start your server with "DCS.exe --norender --server" instead of DCS_updater.exe.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

To run a server with an old version use DCS_Updater.exe to go back to specific version:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1876747&postcount=1

After that start your server with "DCS.exe --norender --server" instead of DCS_updater.exe.

Thanks, Just to be sure, I am talking about the Dedicated Server and where is a listing of the lastest Dedicated Server for 2.5.5 . . . Thanks Again

... where is a listing of the lastest Dedicated Server for 2.5.5 . . . Thanks Again

??? I don't understand your question.

Download Dedicated Server here and install it:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

It will install the newest version.

Then downgrade it to any version you want with DCS_updater.exe.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with a question. I'm new to hosting etc. I've got a dedicated server and a couple of missions etc.

How does one get the server to restart either the same map or start the next mission after a set amount of time? Say 4 hours?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a help section or advice etc?

Cheers everyone. Stay safe.

Matt

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with a question. I'm new to hosting etc. I've got a dedicated server and a couple of missions etc.

How does one get the server to restart either the same map or start the next mission after a set amount of time? Say 4 hours?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a help section or advice etc?

Cheers everyone. Stay safe.

Matt

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Hi!

There are several ways to do this, but the most simple way is to add an "END MISSION" trigger conditioned to a timer (4 hours is 14,400 seconds) in all the missions you have on the server.

Unless its bugged again (it used to be broken but was fixed AFAIK) the End Mission trigger will order the server to load the next mission from the playlist. If the shuffle button is activated it will randomly pick a mission from the playlist.

If you want a specific mission to be loaded use the "Load Mission" trigger instead of the "End Mission" trigger and just make sure the file name of the miz file to be loaded is correct syntax.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Like 2

IAF.ViFF

How do you ban a player if they are no longer in the server? I only have the option to ban them while they are connected. Is there a LUA file somewhere where I can add their name and/or UCID to a banned list?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 months later...
How do you ban a player if they are no longer in the server? I only have the option to ban them while they are connected. Is there a LUA file somewhere where I can add their name and/or UCID to a banned list?
Install SLmod

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is it possible to "un-register" my dedicated server and change it to another email-adress?

I have got it running on my laptop as dedicated server, but I want it to run under a another email-adress.
Because we are some well known friends playing together and when I'm not at home, they should be able to change the maps.
But without knowing my account-data.

50 minutes ago, Purzel said:

Hi,

Is it possible to "un-register" my dedicated server and change it to another email-adress?

I have got it running on my laptop as dedicated server, but I want it to run under a another email-adress.
Because we are some well known friends playing together and when I'm not at home, they should be able to change the maps.
But without knowing my account-data.

DCS control page it will always chained with the account used to start the server. Since release of dedicated standalone binaries, you can also create a new free account and use that one to run server, so it will be safe to share credentials with your friends.  Or even better, if it's a really trusted friend and the laptop is dedicated only to run DCS server, you can directly give remote access to the whole laptop so it will also able to restart completely dcs if it will be required for some reason.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 4 months later...

Hello All, 

I am running several dedicated servers and I want to allow the remote access to administer via the webgui.  I can't seem to get the webgui port to change.   I want to assign a webgui port for each dedicated server on the same ip address.  How can I do that?

Because I am running several servers on the same IP address, the webgui will not work for all servers.

Thanks!

Edited by lucktsm

46 minutes ago, lucktsm said:

Hello All, 

I am running several dedicated servers and I want to allow the remote access to administer via the webgui.  I can't seem to get the webgui port to change.   I want to assign a webgui port for each dedicated server on the same ip address.  How can I do that?

Because I am running several servers on the same IP address, the webgui will not work for all servers.

Thanks!

You can change your local webgui port adding to the Config\autoexec.cfg the line webgui_port = 8087
Please note that self hosting ( expose ) the local webadmin page is not safe, it's not password protected.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Thank you for the response I am looking for the Config/autoexec.cfg file.  I don't see it in save games\DCS\ or Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\...

Am I missing something?

I created autoexec.cfg in the config directory under the save games folder.  Testing it now.

Edited by lucktsm
update