DCS Server Control

Are you able to run both instances on the same account?

If so... maybe I can use my main account to run my dedi server, and play (on a separate computer) with a second instance, using the same account?

This might allow me to use the same map license to both run the server and my client?

Yes, both instances are running on the same account. And I can use my gaming PC (also on the same account) to log in and play.

Hi awjudge, could you give me some advise on how you managed to run multiple instances on the same server?

Thanks

Just do dcs.exe --server --norender -w <instance_name>

DCS will create a folder in your Saved Games directory for each instance. You can tweak the settings for the server there.

Now I am disappointed. :(

I wanted something like software of size no more than 1GB for hosting servers.

You had very high expectations ...

The server still needs to run the simulations, calculate hits, radar oclusion, etc !!!!

Edited by cercata

So my server is named "player". Where can i change this?

Same here,

Switched our 24/7 to -norender but i can't change "player" nickname of the server.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

ED, I noticed critical issue.

If somebody login DCS dashboard.

He can see all folder structure in the server machine from mission loader.

It should be limited by server host.

Can I limit access permittion already?

Edited by crow0827

• ED Team
I was hoping for a linux based server app. Hopefully this is just the first baby step in the right direction...

I don't know of any plans for a linux version, but yes, this is the first public version, I am sure it will evolve and expand with constructive and mature feedback.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You had very high expectations ...

The server still needs to run the simulations, calculate hits, radar oclusion, etc !!!!

Doesn't mean you need to download 100+ gb of map textures... Or even buy the damn maps. I won't lie this is a shame.

Linux support couldn't have been nice too, windows isn't cheap

Just do dcs.exe --server --norender -w <instance_name>

Thanks for the info ... I also had to add the --force_disable_VR parameter, so it doesnt try to use my Oculus.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

has anyone put any JSON together to host this in AWS or Azure

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes, both instances are running on the same account. And I can use my gaming PC (also on the same account) to log in and play.

Awesome, that's great news, thank you!

I'll have to try this tonight. If we can use the maps we've all purchased in MP now, that would be amazing.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I appreciate that ED is putting the effort in to give us who play MP a better server experience. And I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but this dedicated server was way over hyped and a major letdown.

First off, the main point. You are really misrepresenting what this actually is. This is not a dedicated server client. What you released to us was a game client that has a flag that changes the User Interface. Instead of being a "Player" interface its a "Server" interface that makes it easier to manage users and the map. But in no way is this a "Dedicated Server Client".

Literally, not figuratively, you just gave the user client a different UI based on a flag setting...

A Dedicated server client shouldn't require me to download all of the games assets to run. I shouldn't need to download all of the 3D models of the aircraft, I shouldn't need to download hundreds of gigs of terrain data, I shouldn't need to download all of the audio files related.

I also shouldn't need to tie an account to it. Now, I know you are saying you are working on this in the future, however, that only helps if I still don't need to download the maps.

I have run dedicated servers for nearly 20 years on various games. I have never had an official dedicated server client be 120 gigs of HDD space.

Again, I think some of the features are heading in the right direction, like the RCON is a good step, and seeing you are going to make it to where I don't need to be logged in as the server use to manage it will be good.

But really, what we need is a light weight client that doesn't need 120 gigs of SSD space.

On the topic of future suggestions,

I would like some form of API that makes it easier to integrate and automate the host. The RCON is a step in that direction, but I would also like an easier way to send commands to the server via code, like maybe via some sort of rest API or something. Making it easier to get stats from the server and send commands to the server remotely for things like bots.

I'm pretty sure we all know what a dedicated server should look like. I can understand your disappointment, but from the information we had from ED, I didn't expect much more than what we have been given. It's day 1. More features will follow. The removal of the GPU requirement is huge (IMO) running servers has been difficult just because of the hardware requirements up until now. I have both our DCS instances running on a single host now, I can decommission a server. That's a win for me. Also, our admins can manage the servers without RDP, also a big win as far as I'm concerned.

error

Hello

I have an error when i try to start the dcs server saying..

( popup window )

Can't run

Sorry, only one instance per write dir is allowed

I have a feeling the problem might be that I have in the past started my gaming computer and hosted a server.. And then when i now try to run the server software it see the old "server" and that maybe conflict.

But it just a thought that might be the issue.

I am using this command to startup the server ( i use VR so i had to disable it so it dont launch the vr software )

"D:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --force_disable_VR -w <Delle-Server>

Do anyone know how to fix this ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I have an error when i try to start the dcs server saying..

( popup window )

Can't run

Sorry, only one instance per write dir is allowed

I have a feeling the problem might be that I have in the past started my gaming computer and hosted a server.. And then when i now try to run the server software it see the old "server" and that maybe conflict.

But it just a thought that might be the issue.

I am using this command to startup the server

"D:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --force_disable_VR -w <Delle-Server>

Do anyone know how to fix this ?

Thank you in advance.

if you look in your Saved Games folder do you see a Delle-Server folder? Also, do you have the <> symbols around the folder name? If so, remove them.

3D rendering was possible to turn off long time before this update:

This one guide is about 5 years old:

New method for overriding options is to create (or edit) a file

C:\Users\<YOUR-LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg

or

C:\Users\<YOUR-LOGIN>\Saved Games\edModelViewer\Config\autoexec.cfg

(for model viewer)

and place your changes there.

Note:

- autoexec.cfg settings will override the options set via GUI.

- Graphic options in autoexec.cfg should be prefixed with options.graphics.

- file encoding should be UTF-8 without BOM

Example autoexec.cfg:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

options.graphics.render3D = false

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 75

-- add custom texture path

-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "c:/Users/<LOGIN>/Saved Games/DCS/MyTextures")

Edited by AJaromir