Training 6a

mpdugas

I watched the mission through, and I thought the objective was to first use both radar antennas to track and shoot the bomber, then a switch to the track-only radar antenna, to find the low-flying fighter target, using the brilliant Soviet engineering.

I saw what I expected for the bomber, but I never saw the track-only radar in action; it seemed to be just a WAG shoot-fest, visual only, with no tracking radar in sight.

Where was the track-only radar imagery? Did I miss it? The radar simply appeared to be "off" the whole time of the fighter engagement.

A simple time track place showing the tracking antenna in action would be great: thanks!!

:thumbup:

You use the search antenna to fly towards the target. The tracking antenna will lock the first target it detects.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."