Surv and F/F tracks?

AvroLanc

So I'm testing out the new update...can't seem to make AWACS SURV or F/F tracks show up on the SA page.

I've turned on the D/L with the UFC and have an awacs and wingmen in the mission. SURV and F/F are boxed on the sensor page.

No symbols show up on the SA page, I'm expecting at least diamonds from the AWACS? I'm talking to AWACS and he has hostile contacts etc.

Tried now with a couple of different self made missions.

Anything I've missed?

(I'll add that I've tried with both my own radar active and silent, still no Awacs data)

Edited by AvroLanc

• ED Team

Working okay here in the Open Beta. Please re-save your misions, some missions may require re-saving.

I've also included the attached.

Also, please watch the instruction video:

Thanks

SA-SAM-Test-Caucasus.miz

Edited by Wags

I can't get NCTR to work...

I think now you need to lock with STT (later LTWS / TWS will also work). In addition to being within 20-25 miles with your target having a low aspect angle (hot towards you).

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

• ED Team
I think now you need to lock with STT (later LTWS / TWS will also work). In addition to being within 20-25 miles with your target having a low aspect angle (hot towards you).

Correct, and NCTR must be boxed from the radar format page.

The NCTR is not magic and requires certain aspect and range parameters to be met.

Will try to resave. So far I cannot make it to work with missions created with older version of game.

EDIT: I resaved mission. Still doesnt work.

UFC D/L is ON

SA screen is set: RWR ALL, FRIEND RWR ID, UNK, F/F, PPLI, SURV.

Radar on silent.

I cannot see D/L data and friendly RWR spikes on SA page.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

• ED Team
Wags how do we delete old contacts on the SA. Downed aircraft are still shown.

Not seeing this after D/L has time to update. Enter a bug report with a short track file the demonstrates it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=594

All seems to be working as intended now Wags.

I'm seeing a few issues with F/F displaying icons in the wrong position. Will try to get track.

Also,

The E2 / E3 don't generate a Friendly RWR symbol on the SA page - might be as designed? The other Friendlies do.

Friend RWR Option - ID and No ID produces exact same symbol?

Should the Radar Cursor and SA cursur sync up and move together? Would help to correlate what we're seeing between both displays. Appreciate this might be a Boeing issue.

Will try to resave. So far I cannot make it to work with missions created with older version of game.

EDIT: I resaved mission. Still doesnt work.

UFC D/L is ON

SA screen is set: RWR ALL, FRIEND RWR ID, UNK, F/F, PPLI, SURV.

Radar on silent.

I cannot see D/L data and friendly RWR spikes on SA page.

Same issue for our server mission.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team
All seems to be working as intended now Wags.

I'm seeing a few issues with F/F displaying icons in the wrong position. Will try to get track.

Also,

The E2 / E3 don't generate a Friendly RWR symbol on the SA page - might be as designed? The other Friendlies do.

Friend RWR Option - ID and No ID produces exact same symbol?

Should the Radar Cursor and SA cursur sync up and move together? Would help to correlate what we're seeing between both displays. Appreciate this might be a Boeing issue.

Yes, please provided a track in the bugs and problems sub-forum.

No, they should NOT be in sync.

I tried to edit mission with added new client F-18 aircraft and new E-3 and resave it. Doesn't work.

Do I need to save it with "save as"?

Cannot see E3 rwr indication on SA with FRIENDS RWR ID ON as well.

Newly built missions work.

Do not expect fairness.

After made some test, it seems that the data link does not work if there is a tanker, with a tacan, in the mission

Tanks for the test. Gonna try it now.

EDIT: I confirm. Tanker with active tacan inhibits d/l

Can you report it as a bug?

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

Confirmed, no problem with tanker without TACAN. Not working with TACAN. Anybody tried the carrier's TACAN ?

Edit : no problem with Stennis' TACAN

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Tanks for the test. Gonna try it now.

EDIT: I confirm. Tanker with active tacan inhibits d/l

Can you report it as a bug?

I'm not seeing this at all. Just tried with an S-3 with a TACAN. D/L still working fine.

(A-A Tacan still incorrectly showing bearing though.....)