SA tracks false tracks and AACQ bug

Harker

Two bugs I've noticed, apart from the ones mentioned before. Track included.

1. Once a hostile aircraft is lost from a friendly F-18's (Lot 20) radar, that is contributing to SA as F/F, its track on the SA page will keep showing and appear at a wrong place, even if it's destroyed, as an F/F hostile track (red V only). Disabling F/F donors removes this. It doesn't appear from SURV and ownship sensors.

This also happens if ownship sensors detect the contact (generating a correct track), while the friendly F-18 does not; in this case, there are two tracks, one correct and one false. This remains after destruction of the friendly F/F donor.

Steps: Set up a Player F-18, a friendly AI F-18 (a friendly AWACS if you want, I did) and an enemy aircraft. Shoot the enemy aircraft down and observe an F/F track still remaining on the SA page

2. While in AA mode, with the radar on the Left DDI and SA page on the Right DDI, pressing SSS Right will put the radar on AACQ mode for a split second, before assigning the TDC on the SA page. This can result in unwillingly locking a contact, if the radar detects one. Pressing SSS Left with the radar on the Left DDI does not engage AACQ mode.

FA-18C_SA remaining tracks bug and AACQ bug.trk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I've noticed the same and I've done a similar test. Didn't shoot my target but my track shows how the F/F track is not updated correctly etc. Track below with approx times stamps.

00:00 Starts with ownship contact on TU-160 at approx 60nm

01:00 AI radar comes on. Detects target but doesn't update SA page with F/F data

02:10 Ownship IFF

03:40 AI Wingman updates his F/F link with the HAFU V at approx 12 nm (seems very close?)

04:35 I turn flight away from bandit. The F/F link stays on screen - Why? My radar can't see him - why can AI?

05:35 Require bandit and regain F/F data

06:20 I go radar SIL and turn away - F/F appears to update as it should

07:40 Weird jumping of F/F data symbol

I then turn away and lose ownship radar contact for a while. The F/F datalink symbols continues to display in the incorrect postion until I turn on the the correct heading, require bandit and at this point the F/F updates.

I think the main issue (in addition / related to the above posts) is that the wingman target stays on display even when your wingman clearly has lost radar contact. Maybe the wingman has extrapolated the data to a predicted position, but this position is very clearly wrong.

Hornet FF Datalink error.trk