Radio bug in training mission 2?

schurem

I am doing training mission 2, cold start.

I have followed instructions and now the instructor tells me to turn up radio volume, press channel 2 then ask tower for startup clearance. Tower never answers. Is the radio configured wrong? The two switches above the volume control knob are down and up, but I tried all four permutations of switch positions for those two. None works! Halp?!

Edit: Turns out the tower is on channel 1 not 2 as instructed.

Edited by schurem
fix found!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

yeah, confirming. its a skill check. figure whats wrong:-) tricky lector

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Yes, it's a test of pilot's resourcefulness and problem-solving skills ;) Press button '1' instead of '2'. You can check the radio button settings listed on your kneeboard, and check your airport ATC frequencies on the F10 map (click on the airport symbol in middle of runway on the map to see ATC frequencies) to find the match.

Yes, it's a test of pilot's resourcefulness and problem-solving skills ;) Press button '1' instead of '2'. You can check the radio button settings listed on your kneeboard, and check your airport ATC frequencies on the F10 map (click on the airport symbol in middle of runway on the map to see ATC frequencies) to find the match.

Fair point. Only the kneeboard is currently not working ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

What is wrong with the kneeboard?

And I will change the channel, no problem :)

Nothing related to the missions. After discussing that with others, it's apparently a transient glitch, so forget I even mentioned it :) There were duplicated commands for each item in the kneeboard command list, with an obvious conflict between the two sets. After two or three DCS quit/restart, it disappeared on its own.

After installing the MiG-19P, several people had a few configuration issues, but it really looks like it's DCS acting up and not a particular module.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yup it's radio 1 not 2. Figured it out a lot later after doing the cold start several times.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz