Ubi Soft Forum Rules Update

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/59110528

While everybody will raise the demons for this post, in light of recent events, this update is necessary if you so choose to still visit the Ubi Soft Boards. Scroll down and thanks!

Flanker562

Ubi Soft Lock On Moderator

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

:) I know far too much and people on every side, to have to brown nose. I just handle my business Kolt40Five.

• Like 1

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

There are a small group of current and EX - members looking for a platfourm from which to sling crap at ED. They can't do it here so they tried SimHQ and the UBI forums - In each case the moderators had to deal with the aftermath of the episodes here ... this is just a handy notice to inform every one here that the crap started here will not be tolorated over there.

There really is no need to be insultive...

There are a small group of current and EX - members looking for a platfourm from which to sling crap at ED. They can't do it here so they tried SimHQ and the UBI forums - In each case the moderators had to deal with the aftermath of the episodes here ... this is just a handy notice to inform every one here that the crap started here will not be tolorated over there.

There really is no need to be insultive...

And that's why I have to come over here. As pointed out, I don't need to rub legs, brown nose anybody. I've been in the community since Flanker 2.0 so for me to get things done is because I get things done, and that's why I had to post this here. As it says, nobody on any forum, regardless of "affiliation" or "company", wants to deal with children trying to understand the concept of banning. You read the terms and forum rules, you got to abide by them, point blank. Nobody forces anybody to come here, and quite frankly, it's pretty sad when an old hand like me remembers back on the Flanker BBS on how moderators? We needed moderators?. Sure some handling of the moderation has been over sensitive, but for Chrissakes people, grow up, be responsible for your actions. The more I deal with ruggbutt's crap, the more I deal with anybody's crap because they can't accept the fact that they can't act in the remotest sense of maturity, doesn't need to post here, or on the Ubi forums. As rockwelder pointed out, I did that post because I felt it was necessary, and even posted bulletins on Myspace, as well as the Lock On group concerning "my" forums. So if you can't accept the fact that people in this world on a daily basis don't want to deal with children on a daily basis, grow up and get thicker skins. It'll do you good for the real world out there.

Here we go again...

:(

Guys chill out... This is a discussion place for us to talk about a simulator that is being made for you to have some fun with.

If you don't agree with what BS will or will not be, don't buy it. If it doesn't do what xyz simulator does or promises, go fly xyz simulator.

If there is something you'd like to see, bring it up, but don't bitch and moan about it. We're all here because we're fans in one way or another, let's discuss, not argue.

Now, I'm going back to hugging my tree... and thanks to TekaTeka, it sure is pretty now :thumbup:

• Like 3

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Inbound rep, thank you man :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think that this position actually sums things up pretty well. A number of people have indeed crossed the line between goods sense to a sense of entitlement and even to just insulting the developers (who are producing one hell of a better product thant would be the case if they didn't care -eg. jetfighter IV and V).

It would be interesting to conduct a plebicite to see how people respond to the new rules:

"4)This forum is a meeting place that includes the producers, developers of LOMAC, beta testers and other representatives of the the simulation. They are very passionate about the sim and want to make it better. They welcome feedback good and bad. They do not shy away from constructive criticism. At the same time they do not need to be harassed. Please show them and their product the respect it deserves. Mature, throught out criticism will be welcomed.

With this in mind attacking them or the simulation will not be tolerated. Posts full of insults and derogatory language will be removed and the posters warned. This is not a customer service avenue to Ubisoft. If you wish to contact Ubisoft because this product fails your expectations please contact Ubisoft directly: http://support.ubi.com/"

• Like 1

I think that this position actually sums things up pretty well. A number of people have indeed crossed the line between goods sense to a sense of entitlement and even to just insulting the developers (who are producing one hell of a better product thant would be the case if they didn't care -eg. jetfighter IV and V).

It would be interesting to conduct a plebicite to see how people respond to the new rules:

"4)This forum is a meeting place that includes the producers, developers of LOMAC, beta testers and other representatives of the the simulation. They are very passionate about the sim and want to make it better. They welcome feedback good and bad. They do not shy away from constructive criticism. At the same time they do not need to be harassed. Please show them and their product the respect it deserves. Mature, throught out criticism will be welcomed.

With this in mind attacking them or the simulation will not be tolerated. Posts full of insults and derogatory language will be removed and the posters warned. This is not a customer service avenue to Ubisoft. If you wish to contact Ubisoft because this product fails your expectations please contact Ubisoft directly: http://support.ubi.com/"

Agree totally!!!

Here we go again...

:(

Guys chill out... This is a discussion place for us to talk about a simulator that is being made for you to have some fun with.

If you don't agree with what BS will or will not be, don't buy it. If it doesn't do what xyz simulator does or promises, go fly xyz simulator.

If there is something you'd like to see, bring it up, but don't bitch and moan about it. We're all here because we're fans in one way or another, let's discuss, not argue.

Now, I'm going back to hugging my tree... and thanks to TekaTeka, it sure is pretty now :thumbup:

Good point, totaly agree whit u on this one..

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

You know, I have been on the sidelines for a long time.I come here daily to see if there's any news on BS..and frankly there's been nothing but good reads on BS........other than news.

I support both sides of this argument, I call it being Neutral !!

I really wouldn't care if BS is stand alone or addon. It dosen't bother me either way. I will still buy this simulator and I have no complaints for a game I paid 50 dollars for.

ED owes us nothing !!

We get a patch or two that fixes some issues but, that's more than enough for a game that cost 50 bucks. What some of you guys expect is for ED to forever support Lock-On FC and stop their work on a game that for some will be a God sent.

Weather you buy it or not we need BS to sell well, or we will find that we have lost a good Producer for the American market of Flight Sims and one of the main reasons, is Childish posts brought on my a misjudgment of a few badly ________ sections of this forum.

Now let's get on with the show and give us some news we can all enjoy ED..

We're waiting !!!

Well you could not have been apart of the UBI forums over the past few days and come to the conclusion that Eric is being unreasonable. In fact he has allowed us to discuss the matter longer than any other Mod would have and has also shown more understanding for the entire situation than anyone else. I mean even when his integrity was under fire he still kept his head and let the thread/s go on, that was until it become clear that the event was just getting worse and then the inevitable had to happen which brings us to this thread here.

Long live Eric :v:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

What some of you guys expect is for ED to forever support Lock-On FC and stop their work on a game that for some will be a God sent.

!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm a 'sideliner' too, I come here to just check news on LO or BS cause I'm a fan as well. FWIW, I think the entire flight simming community has been spoiled by IL-2. Not all of us our fanboys of both IL2 and LO but a good deal of people play both. Oleg has put out a whole ton of free patches and planes, it's just insane how long they have been updating IL2. IMHO, I think it's pretty much spoiled everyone into expecting free planes, more features, endless updates regardless of what sim.

cheers

• Like 1

I think what Goya is saying is that neither he nor I know whether to or not to beleive you because we dont know any facts!

This isn't like OJ Simpson where hardcore proof was provided to the jury...

I see your point:

Had raised that point several times an brought to the attention of the moderators: If people got warned or even worse banned, and the posts got deleted, nobody will be able to find out what the heck happened - with starts rumors and of course bad feelings about the Mods.....

I understood that it is pretty useless to discuss this with the Moderators.

The way this forum is handled gives room for improvement, but it isn't on the list yet...

I'm not posting bull here, just what I learned from personal experience.

Maybe, we will see some change in the point of view of some of the Mods sometime....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

• ED Team
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm a 'sideliner' too, I come here to just check news on LO or BS cause I'm a fan as well. FWIW, I think the entire flight simming community has been spoiled by IL-2. Not all of us our fanboys of both IL2 and LO but a good deal of people play both. Oleg has put out a whole ton of free patches and planes, it's just insane how long they have been updating IL2. IMHO, I think it's pretty much spoiled everyone into expecting free planes, more features, endless updates regardless of what sim.

cheers

We prefer to concentrate on the new engine. It is our future, and so it is yours... Everybody in this 'business' takes his place. Thanks to Oleg for the great amount of new participants, anyway we need to move forward. I hope that our way for clickable+6DOF+HiFidelityFM planes will bring some ideas to Oleg of where to move...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

:)

Well for some reason or somthing some one does not like me at all; because I dont make sence or something.

Now im at 90% warn, I do not attack any one here, I give out rep-points to nice people and Im a respectible person.

So what can I say or do to not get introuble any more?

Please some one let me know so I can become a better person.

:book:

• Like 1