Controls settings bug

Don't hold your breath. There are many, many bugs that have been reported for many, many months and ED just ignores them. But they always seem to be able to try and sell us another half baked module, loaded with more bugs for them to ignore all the while explaining that these are alpha or beta versions or that it's our hardware that's at fault.

Same problem.

The kind of thing that can put you out of sim for a while... :(

I try everything from deleting my whole config to reinstall a freshly clean DCS, none work...

Support contacted through main website, maybe a bad idea...

Please ED make a move on this

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

This user may have isolated problem...I'm running stable so i can't vouch ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3828277&postcount=3

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I suppose that we will have to wait at least until Wednesday. Two of my two friends playing DCS share the same experience. The original joystick layout was partially crashed, assigning axis disable the stick axis in DCS until a restart.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me those primary axis (roll rudder thrus and pitch) don't cause any problem, but if you touch antenna or anything who get an axis to map... you have to restart.

Also have some conflicts (a friend report exactly same problems... with axis and conflicts)

1552088684-sans-titre.jpg

Here is for the 2000 but you have same problem on other planes...

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1, I have the same issue. This is at a bad time too, because I just got a new T-16000.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just arrived my new x-56 Logitech...but i cant play:(

You can, but you have to restart the game after each axis mapping other than pitch roll and thrust.

This bug don't cause any problem with key mapping :thumbup:

I want this thread got this in front of it [Reported], I don't want this bug with the cat , that's already sufficiently annoying with this.

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no is different for me

no i cant profile the hotas: if i try to insert any button no problem, but if i try to insert a rotor/slide control...all go wrong…: i cant save anything in my profile; then i can only use the axis (stick and hotas) but i cant insert slide or rotor input..

but im waiting the f-14..with my new x56..

but, if x56 will run, how can i impost right and left engine command on thrust hotas: now i can put only the engine (solidal) and no single left or right engine..

thx

Don’t know if this works but how about doing the bindings in stable version and then pasting the stable input folder over the OB one?

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

So, I had the same problem and I fixed it by pasting the View.lua file from DCS Stable to DCS OB.

Here is a cut from my post where I worked it out, on the A-4 thread because I thought it was an A-4 bug before realizing it happened with all modules:

edit: tried again, this time with a proper DCS plane, and it happened again! So there's something wrong with my install, something that went wrong recently... the only recurring factor is this:

2019-03-12 11:11:12.640 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: attempt to call method 'setValueRange' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setValueRange'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: in function 'onProcessInput_'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1224: in function 'updater'
[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

This line does not appear if I don't try to bind an axis

Edit 2: alright it happens even if I delete the A-4 and all mods... so I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the A-4, it might have happened some time ago and I didn't notice because I don't often bind non-flight axes. Now I'm lost on how to fix this, but this isn't the proper thread anymore I think... duh.

Edit 3: FIXED IT! I have no idea if it's DCS fault or something happened on my side, but I managed to just copy the view.lua file from Stable to Open Beta and it fixed it. The OB View.lua bugged itself. Now the A-4 works flawlessly! (Turns out there's a thread for this bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233656 )

So, you guys should go check out the DCS log file on "\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs" and if it shows the same error (ALERT error bla bla bla view.lua) then the fix involves replacing that view.lua file.

I had a stable install so I copied that. If you don't have that, maybe a repair. Otherwise I can host the file? But I don't know if it's something that will work for everyone.

So, I had the same problem and I fixed it by pasting the View.lua file from DCS Stable to DCS OB.

Here is a cut from my post where I worked it out, on the A-4 thread because I thought it was an A-4 bug before realizing it happened with all modules:

So, you guys should go check out the DCS log file on "\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs" and if it shows the same error (ALERT error bla bla bla view.lua) then the fix involves replacing that view.lua file.

I had a stable install so I copied that. If you don't have that, maybe a repair. Otherwise I can host the file? But I don't know if it's something that will work for everyone.

Please, can you or someone post link to download this file from Stable version? Thank you.