Training Mission 02. Startup from cold and dark

Redglyph

DCS 2.5.4.28090

A few minor issues, otherwise a very nice introduction, together with the previous mission!

What I noticed:

- The two jets taking off at the very beginning make it impossible to hear what the instructor is saying.

- He's still mentioning the English bit, which was funny in the video but now since the first mission doesn't have the same accent, it just feels weird. Someone who hasn't seen the video will not understand :D

- We have to check the landing gear lever and lock, but they're barely visible because of the darkness of the cockpit. Perhaps if the sun was a little bit further in its course it would conveniently shed some light on those obscure commands ;) Or a mention of the Alt-L light could be made? (though most people know about it, for sure)

- ARU-2V mode switch must be checked, but it's not possible because it's hidden, and because any of left / right click will just toggle the switch instead of forcing it to up/down position. (it's more of a DCS + MiG-19P issue than a training mission issue)

- I didn't see the light on during the left/right air start test. (? to check again)

- ATC is not answering to the start-up request, I had that with the landing mission as well.

- moving the stick has no effect on the control surfaces. (? to check again, maybe it was on purpose)

time out - to be continued :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hey!

Jets: good point, they are not needed there, I'll remove them.

English bit: I will leave it in for the sake of those who know the story :)

I'll see what I can do with the sun. I also know that there is a new technology or something that makes the pit lighter and it should soon hit the Farmer.

ARU-2V, the lamp can be removed (or will be made removable / hidden)

ATC - will check, probably the wrong button (should be on 2, is on 1)

Stick - no idea :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey!

I loved that voice :) Haha, good point, nice to have some inside joke ;)

The jets are a nice touch, makes it more lively, it's mainly a question of timing but I know it's not easy to control that in DCS.

It's good to know the cockpit will get more visibility! The flash light does a good job in the mean time.

- I didn't see the light on during the left/right air start test. (? to check again)

That's because I was dumb, it works perfectly. The highlight sometimes remain though.

I confirm ATC is fine, I was suspecting as much, thanks!

And the stick, I have no idea, I restarted DCS and now it's fine. Probably the same issue some of us had when configuring the commands, I suspect a general problem in the latest DCS versions.

- Engine test: military power lamps are not ON, even though the RPM are withing the expected range, should I report that as a MiG-19P issue?

- Love the final remark on the cockpit preparation that was not well done by the ground crew :D

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

You re-recorded that in less russian accent? Never should have done that... didn#t do the mission since I watched the video rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
You re-recorded that in less russian accent? Never should have done that... didn#t do the mission since I watched the video rainbowdashwink.png

It is now actually done with a real Russian accent by a Russian, I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
i just noticed the military power lamps are also not on at full military power. bug?

I think so, that's what I already reported above. I don't get this with other missions, for example when starting in the air (same with the afterburner switch), so either the procedure followed in this mission does something to this subsystem logic, or it only works when the mission begins with the aircraft already started.

But that should be reported in the MiG-19 section and not the training mission part, really. Since they seem to have a lot of things to fix already, and that even in calm times I get very little response from Razbam, I didn't report it. Maybe you'll have more luck than me, feel free to try.

i just noticed the military power lamps are also not on at full military power. bug?

Found out it happened because of the Afterburner Cut switches, I've finally reported that here.

Thanks Baltic!

So that answer the question on those two pairs of switches I guess (afterburner cut and oil cutoff), they are only used as emergency and should remain OFF.

Not easy to find an English translation of those manuals :/