AV8 3d printed nozzle lever for warthog throttle

FoxDelta

Yeah - I went with 85% infill - I’ll see how that comes out. 

thanks for the help Team! 

any other tips and tricks for a fellow AV8B pilot regarding this print ? 
what screws did you all use ? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

May be you could put something like a big nail or something else out of metall or steel inside the lever shaft. I do this at my selfprinted  coolies, cause their axis break very fast. I do a drilling inside the shaft (already while constructing them in 3D) and after printing I drill it out a bit, so that the nail exactly fits inside the shaft.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

I swear … another 30hour print later. 
the standard supports worked a lot better than the tree supports (with which I had great succes on other prints in the past) 

but now, one wrong move , and I broke all the filigrane top of the housing - so frustrating 

I’ll try to glue it for now… 

https://ibb.co/w770kwM

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

2 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I swear … another 30hour print later. 
the standard supports worked a lot better than the tree supports (with which I had great succes on other prints in the past) 

but now, one wrong move , and I broke all the filigrane top of the housing - so frustrating 

I’ll try to glue it for now… 

https://ibb.co/w770kwM

i used standard supports as well, i printed it the front down oriented, as it looks u did as well, 

as far as i remember i used less supports as possible, when slicing make sure to not have supports in the very inner area, i added additional supports for those thin parts where they are going to come back to the main housing, as micro movement(offset layers) was an issue during printing them

3 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

Thanks!! Is this already in the sliced file you provided? 

i don t think so,  i ll check my files and update the gcode files tomorrow,  br

Damn cool, love it!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

https://i.ibb.co/gWH0Pnb/IMG-4719.jpg

Finished product. 

"IMG-4719.jpg

Edited by Thanatos31
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

I want to reprint this mod but to a bigger scale and use sensors for the angle deflection. I suck at Fusion 360. I am trying to split the nozzle lever in half at the point where the handle connects but have no idea how to do it in F360. I tried using the "split body" option but it won't let me select the handle as the body to split.  Any ideas how to do this? 

31 minutes ago, No1sonuk said:

I've not looked at the files, but are you trying to do it with the right component active?

ehm, no idea. I tried selecting the body like I saw in some tutorials but it won't let me. 

3 hours ago, Bog9y said:

ehm, no idea. I tried selecting the body like I saw in some tutorials but it won't let me. 

OK, I downloaded the files and tried splitting what I thought you were trying and it worked.  Can you show a picture of what you want to split?
Also, you need a "tool" like a plane to split the body, and need to make sure you select the right one in the function's dialogue box.

14 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

OK, I downloaded the files and tried splitting what I thought you were trying and it worked.  Can you show a picture of what you want to split?
Also, you need a "tool" like a plane to split the body, and need to make sure you select the right one in the function's dialogue box.

This is what I would like to do. It's weird I can select the body normally but when I click on SPLIT BODY it won't let me select it. 

nzl lever.png

On 3/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, Bog9y said:

This is what I would like to do. It's weird I can select the body normally but when I click on SPLIT BODY it won't let me select it. 

I just managed it OK.
Here's how I did it.
First, make an offset plane from the construction menu.
Place it on the face indicated by the arrow with zero offset.
Next, select "Split body" from the modify menu.
Select "Body to Split", and then click on "Schubhebel" from the list on the left - hovering over the word should highlight the body.
Select "Splitting tool(s)", then the plane made earlier, then "OK".
Done.
The original "Schubhebel" is still there, but it's only the bottom part.
The top part is now "Schubhebel (1)" added to the bottom of the list.

harrier lever.png

AND, I just saw you seem to be working on a different file.  Did you just download the STLs?

The AV8 LEVER v76.f3z file is a Fusion360 archive format, so importing that creates a native F360 project with all the parts in it.
Try that.

Edited by No1sonuk
Added file format note.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, No1sonuk said:

I just managed it OK.
Here's how I did it.
First, make an offset plane from the construction menu.
Place it on the face indicated by the arrow with zero offset.
Next, select "Split body" from the modify menu.
Select "Body to Split", and then click on "Schubhebel" from the list on the left - hovering over the word should highlight the body.
Select "Splitting tool(s)", then the plane made earlier, then "OK".
Done.
The original "Schubhebel" is still there, but it's only the bottom part.
The top part is now "Schubhebel (1)" added to the bottom of the list.

harrier lever.png

AND, I just saw you seem to be working on a different file.  Did you just download the STLs?

The AV8 LEVER v76.f3z file is a Fusion360 archive format, so importing that creates a native F360 project with all the parts in it.
Try that.

Thanks again for your help! I got it done and my lever is way better now!! 

Has anybody here tried to fit this nozzle mod onto the WinWing Orion throttle? The throttles are almost identical in height but obviously the bottom is different, just wondering if the mod can be amended to work with the Orion?

Edited by Bog9y

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know of anybody selling this mod? I don't have a 3D printer 

Modules owned - A10C / A10C II / FCS / F14 / F 18 / Harrier / Mosquito / Ka 50 / Huey / Su 33 / Supercarrier / WW2 Assets
Maps - Caucasus / Persian Gulf / Syria / Marianas / Nevada / Normandy / The ChannelProcessor    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz / Installed RAM    16.0 GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TM T Flight Rudder / Delanclip TIR / Oculus Quest 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, Bog9y said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to make the nozzle lever a little bit thicker? I accidentally bumped into mine and it broke, tried to amend the STL file in Fusion 360 to make the lever thicker but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas?

Print orientation also makes a difference. A long object printed sideways will have vastly better tensile strength than one printed vertically - layer adhesion is the weak point.

• 1 year later...

It would be cool if this was available for the Wingwing Orion 2

Where the 'stop' was actuating the lower lever and thereby blocking the upper lever from traveling backwards

• Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

• 2 months later...