[REPORTED]Scripting Engine event handler event.initiator broke on some events

At least events

world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD

and

world.event.S_EVENT_CRASH

does not return an event.initiator (nil) since the latest OB patch. Possible other events but haven't tested.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

And to be clear, this is happening in version 2.5.4.28090 (DCS world beta)

If I would be ED; i would put an announce. This bug breaks almost all logic that works with event handlers.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Damn, those event handlers are core to the scripting engine to allow you to handle a lot of things, this is a very very very bad bug (all bugs are bad , but this one will break a hell of a lot of things)

If this patch is pushed into release build this week it will be a disaster for all DCS players

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Lovely, ... So does this "only" affect crash and dead events or others as well :suspect:?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Lovely, ... So does this "only" affect crash and dead events or others as well :suspect:?

I have not tested all events, but I believe not all events are affected by this bug.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

It'd be nice if ED would just go ahead and enhance their own scripting engine and absorb some of the stuff we're trying to shim externally. Moving a lot of these complex LUA ideas into compiled core DLLs would help a lot.

Maybe they haven't seen it, for some weird reason this forum for reporting bugs

is buried 2 levels down and posts here get drowned out for people making requests etc

DCS Wishlist, Sim Research, Steam Support and the DCS World 2.5 forums all are in same place as bug reporting

Kinda weird that it is so deeply buried ?

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Don't worry fellas. Grimes (which is on the ED Testers Team) already confirmed and reported it (see 2:nd post in this thread).

Don't worry fellas. Grimes (which is on the ED Testers Team) already confirmed and reported it (see 2:nd post in this thread).

Okay, thanks!

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

While we are at it, maybe a good time to also fix the events that are broken for years now and make sure that they work equally in SP and MP?

Like PlayerEnterUnit. First reported 04-27-2017. Last "official" info "currently not ready, complications have held this one up". That was exactly one year ago (yesterday).

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Yes. Don't know why they didn't add it to the changelog.

Great to hear! Thanks again :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...