World Events.. A mess since last OB

The last Open Beta has really messed up something in the scripting backend, stuff that was running perfectly fine for months is now full of this:

[string "-- world events hook..."]:427: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:313>.
2019-03-02 14:34:45.507 ERROR   DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000051C2.lua"]:978: Parameter #self missed
2019-03-02 14:34:45.507 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:427: Parameter #self missed
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'getCategory'

local function groupSpawned(event)
	-- dont need to add units spawned in at the start of the mission if mist is loaded in init line
	if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_BIRTH and timer.getTime0() < timer.getAbsTime() then
		dbLog:info('unitSpawnEvent')

--table.insert(tempSpawnedUnits,(event.initiator))
			-------
			-- New functionality below. 
			-------
		if Object.getCategory(event.initiator) == 1 and not Unit.getPlayerName(event.initiator) then -- simple player check, will need to later check to see if unit was spawned with a player in a flight

the last line in this is what is erroring constantly (part of MIST) however that is a standard event call and as said this was working 100% prior to the latest open beta patch, I know that the patch notes mentioned fixing some scripting issues but in that case maybe they should have included exactly what was fixed and how it's had an affect on the scripting incase this is a case of new functions parameters being required or the like?

Quick edit before I get the normal 'Well its a mist issue' no this isn't a MIST issue, this is happening on EVERY item that uses those initator calls.. even stock API items.

It means that anything which relies on the events firing is not working full stop and is a major break.

Edited by robgraham

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it was at least partially fixed. Hit events are inconsistently returning the weapon in multiplayer though.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Grimes, pls also check if player names can be correctly retrieved. I posted in known scripting engine issues.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]