Removed

CptSmiley

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, vasco12r said:

Same here, the FM feels good except for that lack of inertia. Though I feel it mostly when banking the aircraft. Apply side stick to roll the aircraft, now center the stick and the aircraft will stop the roll immediately.

Same! The way to describe it is as I setup an att autopilot mode in the F18. What I like from the Mig15 is the inertia it has, that in the 19 is missing. Don't know if the 15 or 19 way is more realisitic or not, but that is the way I feel it. I suppose a plane has to "slip" flying and motion don't have to stop suddently.

In other aspects I cannot tell...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't flown the Farmer in a while, so today's change about the roll inertia made me hop in and test it really quickly. Is it just my impression, or does the aircraft feel heavier and less fly-by-wirey for lack of a better term?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@OverStratos

Due to a recent discussion in another module thread on pitch and G onset I felt the urge to say "Thank you" for the excellent characteristics of the MiG-19 in that regard.

It's so fantastic to see how in the MiG-19 the elevator controls are adjusted to speed, giving you good control authority no matter if you going fast or slow, without the fear of instantly over-g'ing the aircraft and ripping off the wings. In the MiG-19 you actually have to pull hard at high speed to get to high Gs, whereas in at least two of EDs modules just a fifth of total elevator movement will let you break the aircraft, so instead of pulling hard like in the real jet, you need to apply increasingly less pressure on the stick to avoid catastrophic structural failure, while on landing you need to stir the stick like crazy to even get the tiniest control outputs.

Not so with the MiG-19. Well done, Overstratos and Razbam! I am looking forward to your MiG-23!

Edited by Aviator78
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Aviator78 said:

@OverStratos

Due to a recent discussion in another module thread on pitch and G onset I felt the urge to say "Thank you" for the excellent characteristics of the MiG-19 in that regard.

It's so fantastic to see how in the MiG-19 the elevator controls are adjusted to speed, giving you good control authority no matter if you going fast or slow, without the fear of instantly over-g'ing the aircraft and ripping off the wings. In the MiG-19 you actually have to pull hard at high speed to get to high Gs, whereas in at least two of EDs modules just a fifth of total elevator movement will let you break the aircraft, so instead of pulling hard like in the real jet, you need to apply increasingly less pressure on the stick to avoid catastrophic structural failure, while on landing you need to stir the stick like crazy to even get the tiniest control outputs.

Not so with the MiG-19. Well done, Overstratos and Razbam! I am looking forward to your MiG-23!

That's probably due to the ARU. It's a mechanical pseudo-FBW. It reduces stick pitch sensitivity as speed increases.

• Like 1

• CptSmiley changed the title to Removed

I thought so ...

But when I read the thread it looks like most issues are already solved and the users are happy with the FM of the FARMER (I am, at least).

Don't understand the move from @CptSmiley. Must have something to do with the current situation between RAZBAM and ED.

• Like 3

I think he went and deleted all his posts, and this being one, it got deleted as well. This thread was started in 2016, so it's actually somewhat out of date anyway.

I wanted to get the MiG-19, but with the current situation, I'm not sure whether to or not. My biggest concern is whether it can be updated to continue to work with later versions of DCS.

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Thanks 2

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

5 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

I think he went and deleted all his posts, and this being one, it got deleted as well. This thread was started in 2016, so it's actually somewhat out of date anyway.

I wanted to get the MiG-19, but with the current situation, I'm not sure whether to or not. My biggest concern is whether it can be updated to continue to work with later versions of DCS.

I hope it will. It is a very nice module.

Edited by MiGCap1
  • Like 2