[LATER] SAM Datalink donor data not showing

Ironwulf

Hi

Not sure if this comes under F/A-18 or under DCS World in general.

I noticed that MIM-23 Hawk Batteries - which have an EPLRS task and were added post update - do not contribute as a donor, even though in theory they should. I haven't tested yet, but I am going to say its probably the same for Patriot.

I have attached a track file - showing that the datalink is on, and use view commands (incidentally the 'view ground unit' F7 doesn't seem to be working?) to show that the Hawk was indeed tracking the bomber and preparing to fire.

Side note: shouldn't the Hawk battery also show on the SA, even if friendly?

datalink issue.trk

• 11 months later...

Interesting, I never noticed that EPRLS was added to SAM batteries. It'd be pretty nice to have them, as well as other surface assets, such as the AEGIS ships, contribute to the Link 16 picture, as IRL.

On the side note, friendly SAMs don't show up on the SA page, because there's no need for the pilot to evade their range or anything like that, they'd just clutter the display. Even the RWR should disregard friendly emitters, unless the selector is put to F, but that doesn't work in the DCS Hornet yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro