A2A Tacan btw 4-ship

borba_eagle

Hello Guys!

I tried A2A TACAN btw my squadon in a 4-ship flight.

Leader that was me set 11Y and all the 3 wingmans set 74Y. There is no bearing, that is something I know. But we got some problems with distance.

Per standard, the leader send the distance for all and get the nearest wingman distance, right? The problem is that the distance showed in the HUD stuck, freeze and so we didn't got any right information for our flight.

Anyone can test it to see if that is a bug or not please?

Remember that always need to set a difference of 63 numbers btw leader and wingman, like below:

11Y - 74Y

12Y - 75Y

13Y - 76Y.....

Thanks all!

Did you check the distance in the DDI with HSI selected, in left upper corner? Some issue?

Some time I have the some issue, Tacan distance stucked, even with ground or tanker takan.

What I do to fix it, as a workaround, is the switch off then switch on tacan in my F/A-18.

I guess this is a sort of bug or something like that.

Try this next time and let us know.

Ciao

A/A TACAN is buggy I think, I also have experienced freezes, even between only two aircraft. The quickest way I found to have it working again is switch the band and back (if you using Y for example, switch to X and back) ; I find this slightly quicker than turning the TACAN OFF then ON. But you have to reset it regularly or it will freeze. That's what I'm seeing anyway ; I haven't noticed any particular condition for the freeze to occur either.