Early Access - Ropucha - Class Soviet Landing Ship

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

I take absolutely no credit for any of the 3D models or skins (apart from the Zil135 Camo livery) They are available within DCS OpenBeta and supplied by ED.

Download the mod here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TrNWsHUFhsAIgKsGc1Q4MVCBB9fJPBgf/view?usp=sharing

Place in your Saved Games/DCS name/Mods/tech folder. Move the .miz file to your Missions folder

With this mod you get the following:

1. EA Ropucha - Class Soviet Landing Ship (ME Name *Ropucha-Class-Sea use "ship group" icon to place).

2. EA Ropucha - Class Soviet Landing Ship (ME Name *Ropucha-Class-Land use "ground units" icon to place. CATEGORY ARMOR).

3. EA Zil135 Supply Truck (ME Name *Zil135Truck "ground units" icon to place. CATEGORY UNARMED). x2 liveries Green & Camo.

4. Miz file setup for the Caucasus map with a basic landing scenario.

Features Available:

• *Ropucha-Class-Land: CA compatible and can arrive at the shore line/beach. When using CA the bow doors will open when you stop the boat. (AI boats will not open bow doors).

• *Zil135Truck: CA compatible and will act as a warehouse to rearm your ground units.

• *Ropucha-Class-Sea: Acts as a normal ship with full animations (Cannot approach the shore line).

The models are in their early stages of development so are missing certain elements. To this end, weapon systems function but not correctly. I advise that if you plan on landing under fire or entering a sea battle that you set the advanced waypoint actions to WEAPONS HOLD. Please enjoy.

Edited by SUNTSAG
  • Thanks 5

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats Amazing!!!

Nice touch the open bay doors. Thanks mate.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hah when you say it lands on the beach you werent kidding.

How do you get the bow doors to open.

Also it doesnt appear it will engage gun targets. This may be related

621210559_landingship.thumb.png.aa380ca26d5bf11a553c0090fd8da678.png

840486340_ropuchaguns.thumb.png.e459d28cbc4765357f4a58c17f6ccdd9.png

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Thats Amazing!!!

Nice touch the open bay doors. Thanks mate.

Cheers mate appreciate the feedback.

Suntsag you da man!!!!

question will item 2 get ship speed in water? ie the LCAC could only do 6 knots in water

The AI speed limitation is linked to amphibious vehicles within DCS and thats what I am mimicking to enable ship to shore operations. If you use CA and pilot the boat you will get around 25 kts but be prepared for sea sickness lol.....you will get bounced around.

Hah when you say it lands on the beach you werent kidding.

How do you get the bow doors to open.

The bow doors only work when using combined Arms to pilot the boat.

Also it doesnt appear it will engage gun targets. This may be related

Ropucha error. Hopefully this helps in development

Really nice job on the new trucks.... quick note the wheels are steering in the opposite direction of the turn.

On both counts the models are in early development by ED and as such have omissions or errors that will lead to error messages from the code I have adapted to get them in sim. I was making a Soviet Beach Assault mission for myself so decided to share what I had adapted for use.

A really good looking addition to the fleet, thank you

Appreciate the feedback....thanks

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Textures are not working for the Ropucha vessel on 2.7.

Any chance to get that back?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I will try that, thanks for the tip mate.

PS. I'm using Release version, not Beta.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, Urbi said:

I took the trouble and put together the textures that are needed for the Ropucha class. Extract the contents of the zip into the Bazar directory. The package contains further liveries of the BDK 775.

Thank you so much for fixing this ship. 🙏

I made a small edit of the LUA files, so that I could place the textures inside the Mod folder. This allows the whole Mod to be installed on the Saved Games folder, rather than have part of it on the Bazar folder. Also, I duplicated the liveries so that they can be used by the land version of the ship too 🙂

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for fixing the Ropucha. 

Rudel, may i ask you to share the lua fix?

Thanks again both of you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Rudel, may i ask you to share the lua fix?

Sure, the folder structure should be like this, merging the @SUNTSAG and @Urbi files:

lOodjxD.jpg

The LUA are attached, its just a couple of sentences at their beginning.

Edit: The Ropucha-class-Land folder is just a straight duplication of the Ropucha-class one .. I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do this, by editing the liveries Description.lua, but that goes beyond my abilities and I don't mind a bit of wasted disk space.

Best regards,

Eduardo

BDKLAND.lua BDK775.lua

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for sharing Eduardo.

Works perfect now. This is an amazing ship with a lot of potential on missions. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Hi there.  I've decided to package up all the patches so far into one .7z file with sequential chapters.  I made clear who has credit for what in the readme.  Least I could do, eh?

Hope @SUNTSAG, @Urbiand @Rudel_chw don't mind me doing this.  If they do, @ me and I'll delete the Google Drive link.

With that, the Google Drive link is HERE.

Interested as this project is highly relevant in late 1/2022.  Thanks to the aforementioned three for bringing Russian amphibs to DCS.

Edited by AvgeekJoe
fix last paragraph
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm currently using the Ropucha as a bombing target w/ my Su-25 lessons.  Attaching the mission file to be kind.

AvgeekJoe ROPUCHA TEST v2.miz

A view of the current weapons range once the amphib - sadly lacking the liveries of the ship - pulls onshore:

Screen_220130_123621.png

Finally, I did use the UAZ-469 livery pack on the jeep I use for gunnery practice: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319430/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I did use the UAZ-469 livery pack on the jeep I use for gunnery practice

Thanks ... I wasnt aware of those liveries by @Eight Ball 👍

• Like 2