Early Access - Ropucha - Class Soviet Landing Ship

SUNTSAG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

The link is dead 😞

Send PM to @SUNTSAG .. maybe he can restore it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I kindly uploaded it to my Google Drive.

Go to the folder here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NX9bHf1kYAFkEZqvoOQnt5LvrE_Tw0Fm?usp=sharing

Things are in sequence for installation so get the entire folder.  Might want to wait 30 minutes until 2:35 PM Pacific time 29 June 2022 as things are still uploading.

Edited by AvgeekJoe
Ask to wait 30 minutes
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 11:08 PM, AvgeekJoe said:

I kindly uploaded it to my Google Drive.

Thanks, it's work fine !
And can we script the opening of the front door without combined arm ? (With some lua trigger for example)

Edited by Kappa-131st

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Urbi said:

If you install the stable, you can copy the edm of the BDK775 from the folder Bazar/ World/ Shapes by placing in the Tech folder
"BDK775 LANDING SHIP" creates a Shapes directory and inserts the edm there. A reference to the Shapes folder must be added to the entry. It is best to put the liveries and texture folders in
Postpone BDK775 LANDING SHIP. the entry with the corresponding entries

entry.lua 690 B · 4 downloads

image.png

If thats in response to me I noticed the .EDM files for those that are in the /bazar/world/shapes are missing after the 2.8 open beta update and I know I didn't delete them.

*edited I see what your saying! install the stable to snag the .EDM files or if somebody that has both installed could kindly just upload those that would save a lot of people a lot of headache.

Edited by fixedit
  • Like 2

I put one of these into a mission recently to see how it fared. 1 ship managed to destroy 2 modern destroyers, an aircraft carrier and a supply ship ... and it managed all that with the main guns pointing in the opposite direction when they fired.  Damage to it - zero !!!

Not a realisitic mod at present but its a very nicely made model and it will be a great addition when its sorted out. 

• Like 1

i dont know but its something I have seen many times over the years. I always have a good look in the shapes folder after an update, looking for something with a recent date, and you find all sorts of stuff in there that isnt implemented in the game. 

Often it disappears again at the next update, but if you are quick you can extract the edm and the textures and create your own early version of whatever it is.  You usually have the create your own Mod from what you have, so a new lua file is something you have to create yourself, they dont seem to leave those lying around for some reason !!!

I guess its just development stuff that gets overlooked when they create the update.    

• Like 1

This Mod could be brought to life if somebody could sort out the lua's for both versions.  I still cant work out why it wont be damaged or sunk and I have tried all the solutions I can think of to fix that to no avail, there is an EDM collision models but no damage model, but it should still sink if hit with enough firepower. So far I have been unable to sink one with anything. I'm guessing a decent lua might help.

Sadly ships lua's are a mystery to me, the more I play around with them the more I screw the mod up !!!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, crazyeddie said:

This Mod could be brought to life if somebody could sort out the lua's for both versions.  I still cant work out why it wont be damaged or sunk and I have tried all the solutions I can think of to fix that to no avail, there is an EDM collision models but no damage model, but it should still sink if hit with enough firepower. So far I have been unable to sink one with anything. I'm guessing a decent lua might help.

Sadly ships lua's are a mystery to me, the more I play around with them the more I screw the mod up !!!

I noticed this thread and took a stab at this. Felt like a fun challenge to see what could be done with the old 775 model. I didn't make any models or textures for this project, I used the ones described in this thread. After an evenings work, this is what I came up with.

Project 775 Rapucha Class by Currenthill
Version 1.0.0

Developers: 
Currenthill

Credits:
- ED for model and textures
- Suntsag for original idea
- Urbi for liveries

Features:
- Ropucha Class landing ship based on EDs model and textures
- 2 x AK-725 57 mm cannons with custom shells
- Lights
- Waving flag
- Spinning propellers
- Working damage model
- Working bow door (land a helicopter on the ship and the door will open)
- Realistic ship performance
- Will go very close to shore for landing missions
- Working FCR
- Exhaust smoke
- Rotating radars

Known issues/limitations:
- Ropucha model is incomplete which creates limitations
- AK-725 guns doesn't move visually (had to disable the movement since the ED model animations are backwards and centers are missing)
- FCR won't turn correctly towards the target (due to incorrect animations and missing centers in the ED model)
- The forward radar won't turn because of model issues

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Urbi said:

I have transferred the mod completely into the tech folder of saved games and it would be no problem to make the mod available like that. After the update from 2.6 to 2.7, ED no longer provided the textures for the 775 Rapucha and now, with the update to 2.8, the edm files no longer either. It was never a mod from ED since entry and model-lua were completely missing. It was never part of the NAVY. Due to copyright issues, it is no longer possible to make the mod accessible to others. I don't think ED would give the rights to the model here. I uploaded the liveries again. I added transparency to the railing by adding an Alpa channel for that area. The link is on page 1 of this forum.

Yeah, I have a complete saved games mod.

But as you mentions, I have to make sure what I can share and not due to copyright. I noticed the textures are linked in this thread, wouldn't that also be a copyright issue?

If so, I'm thinking about releasing the mod as a saved games mod package without the textures and the main model EDM. This way everyone can add the two things from their own earlier DCS version, and I'm not distributing anything I shouldn't. My package would then contain the main lua, sounds, collision model, liveries. 

Also, since this was a quick Saturday night project, I didn't add the complete damage model. But I added that this morning. 👍🏻  null

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There, I added custom sensors, the MR-302 air/surface radar and finally custom sounds for the cannons. 

There is not much more to be done without having access to the native 3D model. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Urbi said:

I now ask myself whether I was even allowed to create liveries for this model. So that the main textures don't have to be used directly, I edited them all and assigned them as false. An additional liveries named "Standard" created, which then has no ship name. For all other liveries, the missing textures are then linked to this standard liveries folder. The new liveries are in the link on the first page and then need to be copied into the Tech folder of the BDK775 LANDING SHIP designation. for me the folder is called "BDK775 LANDING SHIP". AvgeekJoe the zip folder does not contain the texture folders now.

Okay! So to be sure, if I distribute this mod. I should do it without both the textures and 3d model. 

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

Okay! So to be sure, if I distribute this mod. I should do it without both the textures and 3d model. 

Yes, and we can just graft/weld your fixes on.  I'm just the Google Drive host until DCS World/ED tells me to stop.

@Urbi The second Zip (02) of https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NX9bHf1kYAFkEZqvoOQnt5LvrE_Tw0Fm?usp=sharing has loads of textures so I'm confused.

• Like 1