Coordinated Flight/Ball

backstab

Been following this interesting thread. Lot's of important and informative infor from all of the participants !

@fapador, while I do look fwd for both DCS and IL-2 one day finding the time to adapt their FDMs to a "curved Earth" gehoid model, mainly becaus eof the impact it'll have on scenery design for thos who have the tedious task of creating it, but also for how it affects Earth - Air missiles and rockets like, say, the V-2, supersonic aircraft and so on, I don't really thin it'll ever impact the "ball" in a turn coordinator, or the string in the canopy of my glider 🙂

This being said, I am trying to understand it it's really down to a quirk on the ball modelling, or any other factr, that affects the described behaviour.

The Moskito turn & slip instrument also behaves rather strangely, but this turn around in terms of the inclinometer needle, which keeps bouncing from left to right to left to...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

I don't really thin it'll ever impact the "ball" in a turn coordinator, or the string in the canopy of my glider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_of_Earth

Yes It will. If it will be  significant enough to matter for a sim as dcs or to be even perceived by individuals is another story  . 

Gravity is even affected by altitude so its even more perplex than common belief. 

Gravity_anomalies_on_Earth.jpg

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's