[REPORTED] Phantom enemy aircraft on SA

dorianR666

Hello,

looks like i found a bug (or two), that unfortunately makes SA pretty unusable to me.

F/F sensor source on SA page shows enemy aircraft that have been long destroyed, their speed and direction seems to be just a neverending extrapolation.

Track attached demonstrates this, especially visible at around 5:00 on, where im playing with the SA page after all enemies are dead. 100% reproducible.

Another, connected and much worse, bug (altough i dont know what triggers this second one) seems to be enemy aircraft (still existing!) being reported on completely wrong positions. SA showed enemy aircraft being ahead of me, while AWACS radio and F10 (and external view) showed it flying behind me. Apparently wrong F/F SA source has overriden correct SURV SA source. When F/F was disabled, enemy aircraft's position on SA suddenly corrected itself with SURV only data - to be behind me, as it should be. Turning F/F on caused the enemy aircraft to appear (incorrectly) ahead of me again on SA.

I don't have a track as I don't know what precisely triggers this second bug, altough I think its connected to your wingman being killed and messing up D/L position for surviving enemy aircraft.

sa_bug.trk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

In both cases, it was a custom mission created yesterday, so after the patch. Essentially all you have to do to trigger these is to put yourself, a friendly fighter next to you, two enemy fighters ahead of you and a friendly AWACS afar (yes, it had AWACS + EPLRS advanced actions set, as is done automatically after the patch).

The first bug happens every time, just be sure to survive the battle to observe the bug afterwards :smilewink:. The second bug happens only sometimes, as I said, possibly when your friendly fighter gets killed and enemy survives.

Seconded!

I was hunting ghost S/A contacts on various Multiplayer Servers yesterday (Buddyspike & 104th mostly).

Three or four times I was hunting an S/A contact that stubbornly refused to show up on my Radar, all the way till he was supposed to be a mile-ahead and on my altitude. But there was simply nothing.

You can usually tell by looking at the altitude and speed indication. It remained stable for several minutes.

Cheers,

FortunateSon

Thanks, I will check it out. What mission were you playing when you had this issue? Is it a custom mission, have you tried resaving it?

Ghosts are coming from the F/F function. Not sure if it happens in SP, but in MP the SA page become littered with ghosts until you disable F/F. This is fine if you have an AWACS as contacts show up and fade normally when received from surveillance aircraft.

Ghosts are coming from the F/F function. Not sure if it happens in SP, but in MP the SA page become littered with ghosts until you disable F/F. This is fine if you have an AWACS as contacts show up and fade normally when received from surveillance aircraft.

Yes, and I can confirm that this indeed happens in SP too, exactly the same way. Disabling F/F is the solution for now, until devs fix it.