Dedicated Server hosts

Shotsx74

That is surely the point of a dedicated server, that it is run on a separate machine to to a client machine. I might be missing something here, but how do you know if a server is a dedicated server or not. More importantly, why should you care? A server is a server, it only matters to the person running it.

That is surely the point of a dedicated server, that it is run on a separate machine to to a client machine. I might be missing something here, but how do you know if a server is a dedicated server or not. More importantly, why should you care? A server is a server, it only matters to the person running it.

No need for the attitude, and I am more looking for websites which host the DCS server without having the need to purchase a box with it. Such as normal games which you can just buy a game server package. Something such as this website, https://nodecraft.com/games/rust you can purchase a game server only without renting a box.

we use a standalone dedicated windows server over here as well. I dont use a "GAME HOST" as its not really needed for DCS. All you need is a decent windows based machine/server and a host with great connectivity and your good to go. Are you looking to go the dedicated server route??? This for US based sever?

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

We, the 504th, use the Dedi Server. Infact we have 2 on 1 machine.

It would be for US based squadron. I was only asking about gaming hosts simply because paying the minimal amount of money in the range of 15-40$ a month vs $200 a month for a box would be costly.

We would be looking to have a 24/7 server vs just putting it up here and there with a windows machine. What I am gathering from this, is that no one knows a website to purchase just a game server vs purchasing a dedicated box.

You can rent basic server for about 60USD/month.

Check OVH or SoYouStart basic or gaming server, It's a really good price/performance provider

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 year later...

We are all human

My apologies for the 'attitude', it was not my finest hour. In my defense, your original question was not the same as your second post, which would have elicited a different response. But no excuses for bad manners though.

Kudos Ron for your humility, and being humble enough to apologize, not many people are man enough to do that. We all get those days bro.:doh:

I work in the AWS Cloud in my day job, so It's pretty easy to set stuff up there.

I fly with friends a few times a week so don't keep the servers on full time. And at 16GB RAM I pay about 0.22$ CAD / hr. If using spot pricing (bid on market price) usually 1/3rd of that.

With AWS you'll pay for data leaving the cloud - which will be a decent amount with DCS but shouldn't be that bad for my use case.

I'd expect a couple hours flying with friends after tweaking all this is going to be less than $1 Canadian.

I know this is a bit of a heavier lift, but if you're ever wanting to try this those are the rough numbers.

There's a guy that built ready-room.net as well which you can check out. The backend of it is also AWS. It's a new service but you could give it a shot.

If anyone is technical enough to get going with AWS and has a question feel free to ask away.